UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Had a call from my Ford dealer this afternoon to tell me my MME will be built in January. They are expecting me to have it by 1st May.
They said they will have a demo car available for test drives in January. Or I will be invited to MME Roadshow.
They will be contacting me again in January..
I think this dealer was just being a car salesperson with his/her dates. 'by' 1st May can also mean anything.
Sponsored

ElectricPonyUK

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4Ex
Country flag
Wow. Thanks a lot for all the negative responses essentially making me out to be a liar!
I was only reporting what happened.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No-one has said you're a liar and the responses are based on what we already know. In future would you prefer no opinions? I doubt it.

ElectricPonyUK

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4Ex
Country flag
As stated I was just reporting what happened. I wasn’t fishing for “opinions”.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Tensions are running high right now in this thread in anticipation of the long overdue pre-order conversion process.

This is not being helped by some dealerships and leasing companies being really sh** by telling half truths and rumours to prospective customers. These customers have no reason to doubt what they are told is anything but factually true, and it’s not their fault if they then pass this on in good faith.

Let’s face it there has been a void of tangible information for the last 12 months, and where there is a deficiency, people (namely salesmen) will fill in the gaps with what they believe is true regardless of how correct that is.

We are so close to getting orders confirmed and continuing on our very long journey to eventual Mach-E ownership, let’s not turn on each other now.

?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I appreciated the update @ElectricPonyUK.

Which dealership are you with? Apparently we should be getting a call next week about financing options, so I would think it’s entirely plausible that your dealer has some indications on build etc ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wow. Thanks a lot for all the negative responses essentially making me out to be a liar!
I was only reporting what happened.
I don't think anyone was calling YOU a liar. I know that wasn't my intention. I just think your dealer was telling you want you wanted to hear. A car can't have a delivery date without a build date and it can't have a build date until an firm order has been generated and scheduled. We all know that Ford has been extremely sparce with their information about the MME but I am forever hopeful that as we get closer things will improve. Hang in there guys (and girls), please don't turn on each other now. Most of us have been on this very long journey (there's that "J" word) and the end is in sight.

ElectricPonyUK

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4Ex
Country flag
Trust Ford - Edgware Road

Did have a face slap moment when he was running down the spec and he referred to it being an “automatic”.

Bill Schaeffer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've put a deposit down for a Mach-E
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
This email I got a couple of weeks ago to a query I sent to my Ford dealer. All the Sales Team are on Furlough at the moment;

"Many thanks for your enquiry regarding your order, due to Covid our Sales manager in Brighton Richard Bateman is furloughed but I have copied him into this email.

These are only estimated dates at the moment but your vehicle is due to be built by 11th January and be delivered to Brighton by the 17th April.

You should hear from Ford in the next few weeks with some more updates"

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This email I got a couple of weeks ago to a query I sent to my Ford dealer. All the Sales Team are on Furlough at the moment;

"Many thanks for your enquiry regarding your order, due to Covid our Sales manager in Brighton Richard Bateman is furloughed but I have copied him into this email.

These are only estimated dates at the moment but your vehicle is due to be built by 11th January and be delivered to Brighton by the 17th April.

You should hear from Ford in the next few weeks with some more updates"
IMHO the only way these dealers can say with any certainty that a car will be built at a certain time is if our UK cars have already been allocated a build week before we have confirmed orders and no one is officially letting on.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
IMHO the only way these dealers can say with any certainty that a car will be built at a certain time is if our UK cars have already been allocated a build week before we have confirmed orders and no one is officially letting on.
All I can imagine is that as there are such limited options, in the Uk at least, in essence 5 versions in various limited colours with no options. In other European countries a couple of tech packs. They are simply going to do a run of cars for export and those pre-orders that are not confirmed will be sold as stock cars.
This is similar to the VW id3 FE where they made all the pre order cars and those that were not converted like mine where sold by dealers.
It did limit options on changing colour for pre orderers at time of confirmation as all colours were not necessarily available.
There presumably is a limited allocation for various countries and it would sure make manufacturing and distribution a whole lot simpler If they were not waiting on people agonising over grey, red or black before confirming.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
All I can imagine is that as there are such limited options, in the Uk at least, in essence 5 versions in various limited colours with no options. In other European countries a couple of tech packs. They are simply going to do a run of cars for export and those pre-orders that are not confirmed will be sold as stock cars.
This is similar to the VW id3 FE where they made all the pre order cars and those that were not converted like mine where sold by dealers.
It did limit options on changing colour for pre orderers at time of confirmation as all colours were not necessarily available.
There presumably is a limited allocation for various countries and it would sure make manufacturing and distribution a whole lot simpler If they were not waiting on people agonising over grey, red or black before confirming.
You could quite possibly be correct in your thinking. I changed my preorder back in March and was told then that it would be better to change anything sooner rather than waiting until we were asked to confirm. Even when we have confirmed our orders though, it still is not a done deal. I am sure there will be some people that will pull out afterwards. Reasons for this I imagine to be are can't get finance, made redundant, changed my mind etc. While it always nice to have a car built to your specs, FE, RWD SR, RWD ER, AWD SR &AWD ER are what they are. There are no options other than colour. I am sure that if dealers were to get cars that preorder customers decided not to complete on they wouldn't have a problem in selling on. I'm certain that if I pulled the plug after mine had been made and shipped there would be someone who wanted it. Perhaps some of our cars are sitting in Mexico waiting to be shipped already and the confirm order process is just a paper exercise. The quicker you confirm, if yours is already made it will go on the next boat out. Wow there's a new twist.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Trust Ford - Edgware Road

Did have a face slap moment when he was running down the spec and he referred to it being an “automatic”.
Edgware... Me too, lol!

They told me they’ve got about 26 MMEs pre-ordered.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was that calculation used to estimae pre orders? 800 dealers are accepting preorders and then * that by the number estimated per site? Or was it 80 dealers?
Sponsored