RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, AWD, Std
Country flag
Sorry to put a damper on it but there is no way you will get an eta end date of 27th January if it only shipped on 18th. It takes at least 3 weeks to get to UK
Yeah, get that. No idea what that ETA end date on the tracker actually means, and as for the ‘shipped’ on the 18th, who knows!?
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C9571773-B2FD-4E54-BB6D-53B68B770BEC
Sponsored

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Mine was built 10th Dec and have today been advised ETA of 1st week in May

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Mine was built 10th Dec and have today been advised ETA of 1st week in May
Mine was 9th Dec and on Tuesday I was told mine was still due w/e 13 March. Must ring dealer tomorrow to see if it has changed.

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ok thought I'd never do this but as much as I love the car, the shear apparent incompetency of the purchase process and absolute lack of communication and customer service by Ford has beat me.

I've tried getting information on numerous occasions and no-one can tell me anything. It's ludicrous. I run a business and my lights would be out if I allowed my business to run like this. I could hold out, sure but it's a principle thing.

And for those about to jump in with the, 'it's only a car, there's more important things going on in the world', I am very much aware of that thank you. Unlike some, I'll only purchase a handful of new cars in my life, and with this one going electric was particularly significant. So sad as it seems it's kind of a big deal, it might not be to some but hey different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, given there appears to be no logic whatsoever to order date Vs delivery date it is pointless trying to guess at this stage. But given my build date is mid Feb, if I were to try and apply some correlatation based on others dates above then I'd be looking at July. Nope, Stuff your headphones.

For those lucky enough to get theirs any time soon or more tolerance than I to wait it out, I'm jealous and I'll look out for you on the road. Enjoy the car I'm sure it will be awesome. Health to Drive.

b

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ok thought I'd never do this but as much as I love the car, the shear apparent incompetency of the purchase process and absolute lack of communication and customer service by Ford has beat me.

I've tried getting information on numerous occasions and no-one can tell me anything. It's ludicrous. I run a business and my lights would be out if I allowed my business to run like this. I could hold out, sure but it's a principle thing.

And for those about to jump in with the, 'it's only a car, there's more important things going on in the world', I am very much aware of that thank you. Unlike some, I'll only purchase a handful of new cars in my life, and with this one going electric was particularly significant. So sad as it seems it's kind of a big deal, it might not be to some but hey different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, given there appears to be no logic whatsoever to order date Vs delivery date it is pointless trying to guess at this stage. But given my build date is mid Feb, if I were to try and apply some correlatation based on others dates above then I'd be looking at July. Nope, Stuff your headphones.

For those lucky enough to get theirs any time soon or more tolerance than I to wait it out, I'm jealous and I'll look out for you on the road. Enjoy the car I'm sure it will be awesome. Health to Drive.

b
Sorry to hear that you have decided to jump ship. However, I totally understand your thought process. I think if I was in your position I would probably come to the same conclusion but I am a lot further down the line and have invested a lot of time,effort and money in preparation to getting this car to pull out at this late stage. Good luck for the future

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag

b
I cancelled my order at the start of the week by email to the dealer and Ford UK Corporate.

Haven't heard anything back from either ...

The complete lack of service and communication has cemented in my mind, that I made the right decision to not proceed. Remembering in a earlier post no one at the dealer knew what the Mustang Mach E was or that if it was even new or used ...

The purchase is £40k (or nearly $80k aussie where I'm from) now if I was to walk in to an Audi, BMW or Merc dealer I know full well they would look after me better. After buying a new BMW last year I can attest to this.

So, I'm waiting for my £1,000 to be refunded and amazed that orders of this much money get absolutely no care

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I cancelled my order at the start of the week by email to the dealer and Ford UK Corporate.

The complete lack of service and communication has cemented in my mind, that I made the right decision to not proceed. Remembering in a earlier post no one at the dealer knew what the Mustang Mach E was or that if it was even new or used ...

The purchase is £40k (or nearly $80k aussie where I'm from) now if I was to walk in to an Audi, BMW or Merc dealer I know full well they would look after me better. After buying a new BMW last year I can attest to this.

So, I'm waiting for my £1,000 to be refunded and amazed that orders of this much money get absolutely no care
What will you get next do you know?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I’m in same boat.

Have you tried the "Cancel Order" button at the bottom of your reservation page?

I think that will yield the quickest results rather than pinging an email in a black hole ?

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried the "Cancel Order" button at the bottom of your reservation page?

I think that will yield the quickest results rather than pinging an email in a black hole ?
tried it

It said refer to your dealer - gah!

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What will you get next do you know?
I will probably still get a MME or one of Skoda's upcoming electric SUV's (less sporty I know but bigger boot space)

Heck even an F Pace at £40k

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag

I must say I have some sympathy for your thinking. I amongst others have been in it for the long haul. Over a year in and no clarity on anything really. No clear idea on true build date, shipping or final delivery. The Ford account and Ford pass app are flaky and provide no real information, that which they do in my case is wrong regarding colour.
The forum did it’s best in producing the tracking tab that shows my car is built and has a 13/3 delivery I have not been told this by Ford. My order actually says 14-16w.
Indeed we have had nothing confirmatory direct from Ford.
Our dealers know less than us, they have passed my requests for clarity on the cars spec to Ford and have had no response.
We know there is quality check issue but Ford uk/Europe have said nothing, admittedly Ford US have not said much more.
I get the COVID issues and massive impact on production, logistics and even marketing but what Global Ford has done is fail to enthuse those that have committed. I would have been happy with an occasional update, or a detaied spec for my UK car, maybe the odd photo and a few words on delivery.
I am a big boy and can take delay, I know there are bigger world issues, what disappoints is no communication, it gives the impression Ford at least in Europe do not know what is going on.. They are dissolving enthusiasm and excitement in what is a major deal for people and leading to cancellations because people have had enough.
I am holding on but would probably have bailed if there was actually any alternative.
I appreciate Ford has commercial issues to weigh but give us a break.

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
They are dissolving enthusiasm and excitement in what is a major deal for people and leading to cancellations because people have had enough.
I am holding on but would probably have bailed if there was actually any alternative.
Yeah - me too. My enthusiasm is starting to waiver as well. Everything just seems to be a struggle, we have to keep pushing just to keep things flowing.

Buying a big shiny new toy should be fun and not feel like a monumental task.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Ring your credit card company if you have no result in a reasonable time . As what you have attempted to purchase hasn't been provided your money is safe add to that the very lacking of delivery estimates and they haven't a hope in hell of claiming you renaged on your deposit/contract.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yeah - me too. My enthusiasm is starting to waiver as well. Everything just seems to be a struggle, we have to keep pushing just to keep things flowing.

Buying a big shiny new toy should be fun and not feel like a monumental task.
I agree and seeing people who ordered a year or so before me left hanging regarding when their's is going to be shipped is not encouraging.

It should be fun indeed. At this price of around £47k the lack of a good customer care policy very odd. Regular emails should be going out perhaps monthly keeping us in the loop.
Sponsored