AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Has anyone experienced their trunk (or frunk or any other door) opening unexpectedly?

This morning when I was leaving for work, I discovered that my MME's trunk was wide open. I checked my security camera, and saw it open about 20 minutes earlier, with no one around. I certainly didn't open it remotely. This makes me concerned about leaving anything in my car, or even parking outside when it might rain or snow.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
There's several other posts about this. You aren't the only one.

As far as I know it's only happened while the vehicles are near closed garage doors?? And the key fob or phone as a key is potentially with radio range. If so, then probably no big risk while you're away from home.

Mistry

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
actually my frunk pops about 40% of the time when my kids punch in my code on the driver door to unlock it. It is parked in my garage and they don't have a phone or key nearby. It's annoying so far. And I haven't used the code when not at home so don't know if that will happen when we are out an about. Super annoying, but another reason to shrug my shoulders and move on...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
actually my frunk pops about 40% of the time when my kids punch in my code on the driver door to unlock it. It is parked in my garage and they don't have a phone or key nearby. It's annoying so far. And I haven't used the code when not at home so don't know if that will happen when we are out an about. Super annoying, but another reason to shrug my shoulders and move on...
That’s because they hit the 7-8 key after entering your code which opens the frunk. Feature operating as designed.

OP
OP

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag

As far as I know it's only happened while the vehicles are near closed garage doors?? And the key fob or phone as a key is potentially with radio range. If so, then probably no big risk while you're away from home.
That matches my scenario, but is not very comforting.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag

It happened to me once so far, about 2 weeks ago, as I was leaving the store. No other cars parked by it and certainly not in a garage. As soon as it sensed my key the welcome lights came on and trunk opened. That's going to be very bad if it happens in my garage....

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anyone experienced their trunk (or frunk or any other door) opening unexpectedly?

This morning when I was leaving for work, I discovered that my MME's trunk was wide open. I checked my security camera, and saw it open about 20 minutes earlier, with no one around. I certainly didn't open it remotely. This makes me concerned about leaving anything in my car, or even parking outside when it might rain or snow.
Check out this thread.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...wn-and-hit-the-garage-door-come-on-ford.5149/

I disabled the kick to open sensor on my car after it opened in my garage twice.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I suspect the kick sensor -- and I disabled its configuration in my car to ensure it doesn't do this and I don't accidently re-enable it in the car's menus.

DLatimer69

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Mine has done it multiple times. Closed garage with the fobs inside the house. Only has hit the garage once, but has a nice little ding in the tailgate. :~/

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It has happened to me once in over 18mos of ownership. Happened when it sensed my PAAK as I was approaching in a parking garage. Waking up upon sensing PAAK seems to be the common factor, but it is very rare so tough to pin down the bug.

OP
OP

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm pretty sure mine does not have a kick sensor. Isn't that one of the features that got removed due to chip shortages or supply chain issues? I've only had my MME for a few weeks, so I'm still discovering things.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
I'm pretty sure mine does not have a kick sensor. Isn't that one of the features that got removed due to chip shortages or supply chain issues? I've only had my MME for a few weeks, so I'm still discovering things.
It should show on your window sticker if anything was omitted due to chip shortages as they typically come with small cost savings.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Do you have dogs or cats? Maybe mice?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah a new 2022 won't have handsfree liftgate unless you enabled it with FORScan. So I don't think it's that.

Is it possible you accidentally clicked the button on the key fob twice? Like it got pressed against something by accident?
Sponsored