guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
I prefer to make choices based on complete and accurate information where possible. If people are making decisions based on incomplete or inaccurate information, then I feel sad for them, particularly if they are spreading that same bad information on this forum and causing other people to make poorly informed decisions. "But technically you don't claim it on your tax return until the next year." I do not agree with this statement or its implied conclusion. Just because a form is not submitted does not make the information that will go on the form less valid. Technically, the "claim" occurs when I take delivery of my vehicle, not when I submit a form a year or more later. There is one potential event that could reduce the immediate benefit of the $7500 tax credit: a loss of income that puts your tax liability below $7500 for 2021. For some people that is a real concern. If they don't use the full $7500 to reduce their Federal Taxes to $0 for 2021, they will roll over the remainder to 2022. I apologize for being OT, but I am not the one who put incorrect information into this thread. Is there a thread that deals with the Federal Tax Credit? I will go look for it now.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can "roll" the tax credit to next year. It's a "non-refundable" credit, so if you can't use all of it in the year that you file (took delivery of), you lose the credit.

If I'm wrong, and I hope that I am, please someone point me to the change in the tax law.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can "roll" the tax credit to next year. It's a "non-refundable" credit, so if you can't use all of it in the year that you file (took delivery of), you lose the credit.

If I'm wrong, and I hope that I am, please someone point me to the change in the tax law.
Correct: it is for the year you buy the car only, and no rollover is possible if you're "short".

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico youre-absolutely-right-yes

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

You are correct based on when I talked to my accountant last year. With the car tax credit you can't roll so if you can't take advantage of the full $7500 you are out of luck, but you can roll the solar tax credit.

That said, an accountant might be able to help shift taxes around so you can still claim it. (ie: utilizing some pretax savings you have or some capitol gains)

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Does anyone know what the status of the stock pile looks like at the plant's parking lots? Has it dwindled? Has it filled up again? Any updated satellite views?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does anyone know what the status of the stock pile looks like at the plant's parking lots? Has it dwindled? Has it filled up again? Any updated satellite views?
Good question. Would like to know when the next load is scheduled to ship out. Is it iminent now, or on hold a bit longer after the Stop Ship order on the others?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good question. Would like to know when the next load is scheduled to ship out. Is it iminent now, or on hold a bit longer after the Stop Ship order on the others?
I know a batch of FCTP cars were shipped out on the 15th.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wonder what the shipping protocol really is down there. Sometimes it seems random, but I'm sure there is some sort of method going on.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Wonder if theyll send all the cars to KC for QC and distro from there.
I know for a fact that all LA cars go there. I would suspect that EVERY MME goes their first. It is centrally located and it also has a Ford plant in the same city. It would make sense.

Plants build specific cars. If this were a major car issue they would have to send them back to Mexico. They are not. As such it appears it is a small issue BUT Ford needs these to be PERFECT from a PR prospective. It takes time to go through hundreds of cars individually.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
As was some jerk from New Jersey's Route 1
This jerk from NJ had hoped to see his ship (1/8 build complete), but still no confirmation of shipping.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Mine is 63 days. In short it is still going down daily. I was hoping to see a faster rate but alas not.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Mine is 63 days. In short it is still going down daily. I was hoping to see a faster rate but alas not.
Then its very possible that everyone was jumping the gun on the delivery date and that in reality there isnt much of an issue. Maybe ford is being extra cautious with its first deliveries and want to do some extra QC.
Sponsored