Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, I just looked up the Jag I-Pace we thought about over year ago, there was only one (searched within 500 miles) down in Pasadena with the interior we wanted- and the sticker was $92,078 for a 2020.

Sure they will take, I would guess at least $10k off that but no where near even $60k. Looks like the car was built in 4/2019!

I haven't looked for a while I but I remember the Mercedes C-class being introduced and advertised as "starting under $30,000" or something, and a Jalopnik post was like "yeah you're never gonna find one that way, nobody configures it that stripped, it's basically a lie."

Last edited:

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I have a friend with a Ford pickup that was $125k. Shoot, Honda Civic loaded is approaching $40k nowadays.
Is it made of gold? Big ADM? I would said the same thing my wife said along with some expletives. I basically feel the same way about any cat over $100k. Saw a Navigator on display at the mall on Monday... $104k. Feel like I'm getting a bargain now.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Let's see... 110 outlet, heated rear seats, tilt/4-way lumbar on front, dimming side mirror, what else are we looking for on 22 model?
I'd settle for full tilt (raise & lower front half of seat bottom vs. back half of seat bottom independently). I was shocked the car doesn't have this. I've had lots of cars that have power seats and the ability to tilt the seat bottom angle is just basic power seats.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Sure is a whole lotta backing out of early reservation holders.
Lots of different reasons why. I'm hoping I will not, but need one thing to fall into place to take delivery. We'll see over the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
covid has changed what people had money wise and is it worth the risk as a whole in everything purchased this year.
profit sharing for ford is about half this year. 2021 might be harder on people than last year funds have ran out for some. Sad people need help

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
covid has changed what people had money wise and is it worth the risk as a whole in everything purchased this year.
Very true. But not just that, the need for a car is also greatly reduced, with many people working from home. Some are probably taking a conservative approach and seeing dark clouds over the horizon...opting to save for a rainy day. "Why spend $60k to have a extra car sitting in the garage?" I've been working from home for over a year and can only remember filling up the gas tank may 3 times.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I'd settle for full tilt (raise & lower front half of seat bottom vs. back half of seat bottom independently). I was shocked the car doesn't have this. I've had lots of cars that have power seats and the ability to tilt the seat bottom angle is just basic power seats.
Here’s a dirty little secret - it’s a cost-cutting measure. If you have fore and aft tilt, you need two motors controlling up-down motion for the seat bottom and two switches (one for the front part of the seat, the other for the rear part of the seat. There really isn’t a switch if you want to go straight up-and-down - both switches are mechanically linked and operate both motors together.) By not offering the fore and aft tilt, they’re removing one motor and one switch. So they’ve essentially gone to cheaper seats that should be pretty much a commodity item and at least feature parity with the premium Mustang Coupe. Oh well. At least they put a lot of thought into being able to drain the koi pond when I have up clean it ?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very true. But not just that, the need for a car is also greatly reduced, with many people working from home. Some are probably taking a conservative approach and seeing dark clouds over the horizon...opting to save for a rainy day. "Why spend $60k to have a extra car sitting in the garage?" I've been working from home for over a year and can only remember filling up the gas tank may 3 times.
This. My whole company went WFH permanently as COVID proved it could be done with no loss of productivity.

I really don’t need this car. I have 3 other cars I could drive if needed. Im still buying an EV for environmental reasons and as other cars come off their lease I’ll just turn them in.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Seriously, I’m still waiting for my Mustang Mach E! It’s been sitting in a parking lot in Mexico since mid-January! No birds had better have found it!
Mine sat there from 12/17/20 until 1/18--31 days ish. Be patient--yeah I know its hard. Of course some of that was the whole quality inspection thingy.

Trust me: it gets harder as it gets closer ;)

Last edited by a moderator: