OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
This matches what I've heard too. MP1 = FCTP and company cars starts Sept 28. MP2 = customer units starts Oct 26th. With the ok to buy date (signoff to allow dealers to sell vehicle to customers) being in the last week of November.

In order to reconcile the 3-4 weeks from production to delivery I'm working backwards from the ok to buy date, which I've heard is the last week of November. If it was true that they were making the First Editions in MP1 (end of Sept) then those vehicles would have to sit on the factory lot for 4 weeks before shipping (production beginning at end of Sept, shipping out end of Oct to have 4 weeks before the ok to buy date at the end of Nov).

I think it's more likely that the customer units will start production at the end of Oct for first deliveries at the end of Nov (3-4 weeks from prod to delivery), rather than having the vehicles sit for a month.

My speculation: since the CA Rt1 and Selects are now said to start deliveries in 2020, and are probably a low number of units anyway, it would not hurt to mix them in with the Premiums.
But then it all comes down to the schedule

OKTB for NA is now 11/23
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Drum roll................................. Job number 1 confirmed for September 28th. The goal is to (try) to have all the first edition built by last week of October. At that rate you can do the math how many premium models we might see by December.

He does not know yet the ratio of how many premium will be (blended) in with the first editions.

Time table from the day your vin is built to its at your dealer suppose to be three to four weeks. Depended on weather, and scheduling, and transportation.
Thanks for this new intel.

This is great to hear officially from Cuautitlan. Between this and @hybrid2bev's comments, I'm quite encouraged that we will see FCTP units in dealers' hands in advance of customer units and customer units by around Thanksgiving. That's great news for us First Edition buyers. Woohoo!

The real questions that still remain are the number of units produced by the end of the year and when the EU/UK units will be produced. That will help us know how many order holders will be served in 2020.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes about about 1300 unless they step up production but that was not scoped out amigo
You better get down there and crack the whip Lol
What is the 1300 referenced here?

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the 1300 referenced here?
A week production once the line is at full speed.

Each week numbers have been changed he says. Dearborn wants nothing shipped with anything to fix.
The pressure is so high right now on this car, with Hackett gone and Jim Farley taking over, Farley has a no excuse policy. Zero the guy lives Ford 24/7.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Dearborn wants nothing shipped with anything to fix.
The pressure is so high right now on this car, with Hackett gone and Jim Farley taking over, Farley has a no excuse policy. Zero the guy lives Ford 24/7.
That is very encouraging

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A week production once the line is at full speed.

Each week numbers have been changed he says. Dearborn wants nothing shipped with anything to fix.
1300 per week sounds great but I'm not sure I understood the back and forth: is 1300/week likely? Thought we heard more like 1000 before.

I'm thrilled to hear QC will be really tight. Clearly Farley wants his first release to be memorable -- in a good way!

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1300 per week sounds great but I'm not sure I understood the back and forth: is 1300/week likely? Thought we heard more like 1000 before.

I'm thrilled to hear QC will be really tight. Clearly Farley wants his first release to be memorable -- in a good way!
When At full speed that is the target rate that Dearborn is wanting.

The demand and order for the mache is is now over triple what was thought. Trust me when i say this. If the parts are there, they will find ways, hiring more , overtime to reach that number. When in launch line times can be very very long days.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When At full speed that is the target rate that Dearborn is wanting.

The demand and order for the mache is is now over triple what was thought. Trust me when i say this. If the parts are there, they will find ways, hiring more , overtime to reach that number. When in launch line times can be very very long days.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Here's another question: We have heard FCTP is limited to 1 per EV-certified dealer. That makes about 2,000 units. Any idea how many company units will be in MP1?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I need mine produced towards the middle of a shift rather than at the end, please. ;)
You forgot to say no Fridays (weekend party time) or Mondays (oh crap, I drank too much)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
not 3-4 weeks if you live in Europe ;) then +6-10 weeks after it left the factory for boat trip and custom checks
Yep. This (presumably) is just for the first North America wave, which was previously announced to come a few months before European deliveries (after COVID delays shook the timing up).

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gotcha. Thanks.

Here's another question: We have heard FCTP is limited to 1 per EV-certified dealer. That makes about 2,000 units. Any idea how many company units will be in MP1?
Last call from Dearborn just says Demo in Email not FCTP which is what demo is.

They will be sold after 4,000 miles on them. They have to be oktb mach e.

So you have 2,000 demo 3,000 first edition. I would say around thanksgiving the demos will be out on the lot to dealers. I want to say quicker but with all the new info this week, they are crossing ever T on the Mach e.
Sponsored