Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well don't I look silly for not reading properly
I was picturing you driving down the road in your ME with stuff sticking out the Frunk held down with bungie cords.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was picturing you driving down the road in your ME with stuff sticking out the Frunk held down with bungie cords.
THIS IS ALL TRUE:
In the early 90's I had an 87 hatchback mustang and my wife had a fiero. I decided to add a small deck onto my house after putting an addition on, so I needed 12 foot 1x6's and 10 foot 2x10's. The hardware supply store a mile from my house didn't rent trucks, I didn't want to wait the 2 weeks for delivery, and being a young idiot I thought "no problem".

With the passenger seat forward, window and hatch open, I stuck the 12 footers out through the passenger side and along the right hand interior, sticking out the back about 6 feet. The back of the seat supported them so the passenger mirror didn't bear the brunt of the weight. The 2x10's rested on the armrest and also stuck out the back a few feet.

I don't remember how many trips it was, but I got all that wood home without killing me or anyone else. Even though it was a crappy 4 cylinder I loved the utility of that car. When I traded it in there was still dirt in the back from the sod I brought home the previous week.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
THIS IS ALL TRUE:
In the early 90's I had an 87 hatchback mustang and my wife had a fiero. I decided to add a small deck onto my house after putting an addition on, so I needed 12 foot 1x6's and 10 foot 2x10's. The hardware supply store a mile from my house didn't rent trucks, I didn't want to wait the 2 weeks for delivery, and being a young idiot I thought "no problem".

With the passenger seat forward, window and hatch open, I stuck the 12 footers out through the passenger side and along the right hand interior, sticking out the back about 6 feet. The back of the seat supported them so the passenger mirror didn't bear the brunt of the weight. The 2x10's rested on the armrest and also stuck out the back a few feet.

I don't remember how many trips it was, but I got all that wood home without killing me or anyone else. Even though it was a crappy 4 cylinder I loved the utility of that car. When I traded it in there was still dirt in the back from the sod I brought home the previous week.
I had one of those Mustangs, too. No power but fun to drive with a stick.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I just now got an email from ford. It stated that my MME FE is scheduled for production the week of November 30.
I am in SoCal so not exactly sure what that means in terms of build and delivery time frame

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just now got an email from ford. It stated that my MME FE is scheduled for production the week of November 30.
I am in SoCal so not exactly sure what that means in terms of build and delivery time frame
Checked with my dealer today. He said my Machdrop FE order isn't showing a build schedule yet.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Checked with my dealer today. He said my Machdrop FE order isn't showing a build schedule yet.
Same here for my Mach Drop order. He sent me a copy of the order, but he said it is unscheduled in the system.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here for my Mach Drop order. He sent me a copy of the order, but he said it is unscheduled in the system.
I'm getting this sinking feeling that it's not gonna make it in 2020. Took a gamble by switching to a Machdrop FE (from my original Premium AWD ER) in large part to get it in 2020 for the extra $1500 CO tax credit. Seemed to be an easy choice when the FE was only a $1600 upgrade (-$1500 tax credit being a net difference of just +$100).

Then it changed to a $3600 upgrade, and now the $1500 tax credit is in serious doubt too. I wouldn't have spent a net +$3600 to upgrade from Premium to FE. Oh well, I knew I was taking a gamble. Still a chance for 2020, but I'm thinking less than 50-50 odds now. They appear to be mixing more models in with the FEs to spread them out, and I betcha our MachDrops will be at the end of the (NA) FEs.

Still hoping these Dec FE build dates we're hearing are just placeholders, and that trutolife27's info about them trying to get the FEs done in the first 3 weeks of MP2. And that MP2 still starts Oct 26. That would finish the (NA) FEs by mid-Nov.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I guess I'm going to have to tie the deer on top of the hood still. And to think I thought I could toss it in the Frunk!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I guess I'm going to have to tie the deer on top of the hood still. And to think I thought I could toss it in the Frunk!
Only if you unbolt the divider. And cover the holes.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am not sure what a MACHDROP is. I ordered mine with the dealer 5 minutes after the window opened nearly a year ago. What is funny is that my Corp pass app has not updated since the email. It still says contact your dealer.
I am in SoCal where my dealer Galpin has in excess of 100 plus orders

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am not sure what a MACHDROP is. I ordered mine with the dealer 5 minutes after the window opened nearly a year ago. What is funny is that my Corp pass app has not updated since the email. It still says contact your dealer.
I am in SoCal where my dealer Galpin has in excess of 100 plus orders
You would not need machDrop given you reserved on day 1-
MachDrop was a social media based effort to drum up orders for some unknown number of FEs in a couple of months ago and some of us here went that route to either get Grabber Blue or perhaps hoping for an earlier delivery

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
You would not need machDrop given you reserved on day 1-
MachDrop was a social media based effort to drum up orders for some unknown number of FEs in a couple of months ago and some of us here went that route to either get Grabber Blue or perhaps hoping for an earlier delivery
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Sponsored