Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's amazing to me that some of these "vloggers" are getting Mach Es for full days or even a week at a time. Some of them have like 12 subscribers!
I may just email Ford PR and see if they can send me a damn car for a while! ?
quick, make a channel with a video or two and we can all subscribe. we can easily get to 13 or 14! ?

kidding aside even @Mach-E VLOG at over 1K had to fight a little to get a car and he was only able to get one for a relatively short time. sometimes there's math going on that's not clear to us mortals.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
quick, make a channel with a video or two and we can all subscribe. we can easily get to 13 or 14! ?

kidding aside even @Mach-E VLOG at over 1K had to fight a little to get a car and he was only able to get one for a relatively short time. sometimes there's math going on that's not clear to us mortals.

The math does seem weird. I remember watching the first drive reviews coming out on December 15th and thinking, "One day I want to be like them." And then I realized I actually had more subscribers than some of those people. Ford's selection of who to get cars to seems a little weird. But then again, YouTube's algorithm is also weird. I've seen some really quality reviewers that have a few hundred subscribers and really bad reviewers with hundreds of thousands.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've watched this video by Bjorn Nyland this morning and it was very informative.

1st It seems that in Norway they have a heated windshield which I believe is not available in NA.

2nd and most importantly has far has winter charging is concern if you set to OFF the E-Heat it will divert the cabin heating to the battery. That's very important to know has this will work manually for now but eventually will be automatic with an OTAU.

3rd he considers the MME a good winter car after all.

Enjoy the video :)

EDIT Also he does explain the Auto button in the infotainment system which has 3 positions like a High-Mid-Low which would explain why we have that on the Ford Pass app.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
if you set to OFF the E-Heat it will divert the cabin heating to the battery. That's very important to know has this will work manually for now but eventually will be automatic with an OTAU.
I mean, isn’t that common sense? If you’re using something with a high current draw (heat) while charging, of course it will charge slower. I can’t imagine they’ll update it to forcibly turn off e-heat while charging if the car is on. If you’re sitting in the car and it’s cold, you may be willing to give up charging speed for comfort.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I mean, isn’t that common sense? If you’re using something with a high current draw (heat) while charging, of course it will charge slower. I can’t imagine they’ll update it to forcibly turn off e-heat while charging if the car is on. If you’re sitting in the car and it’s cold, you may be willing to give up charging speed for comfort.
Or go and have a coffee in a restaurant near by.