What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I still have a bracket for my 2017 Mustang in a box on a shelf. I use a Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket and I hope to use one on the Mach e, too.
That's something I'd like to see from the first few real world customers. I can't quite figure how that particular bracket might work on an MME, but I'm sure there are possibilities.
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My scheduling email from tonight is the first time I've seen the bracket on a rendering. It's required in my state.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? 1603420937856

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
There are several Tesla’s in my condo garage and none of then have front license plates despite being there for months if not years already. Does CA not enforce front plates?!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are several Tesla’s in my condo garage and none of then have front license plates despite being there for months if not years already. Does CA not enforce front plates?!
Do we enforce speeding? I go 85+ on the I-5 everyday. But when they ding you, they will add that on. Do we want to roll the dice?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E RWD Premium
Country flag
Do we enforce speeding? I go 85+ on the I-5 everyday. But when they ding you, they will add that on. Do we want to roll the dice?
Only time I've ever gotten a "no front plate" ticket was by a meter maid in SF on my GT350. Also, it's a fix-it-ticket, you can demonstrate to a police officer that you have mounted it and they reduce the cost (i did so...with zip ties through the grille)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the looks of the Craig's Custom brackets. Looking at them again last night I think @stmache was correct in his original post, they just might work on the MME. That's what the vanguard of Mach-e owners is for, working all this out for all of the later deliveries. ;)

And yes the police will pile on if they pull you over for a moving violation. No front plate? Another ticket.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It is one of those Yes and No things, I know multiple people that do not have front plates, occasionally they have had a ticket from parking enforcement doing the rounds when parked out on the street and just either pay the fine or slap the plate on using a temporary but secure solution get the fix-it signed off then remove the plate later.

Generally you won't get pulled over for it but if your doing something minor wrong, such as failure to come to a complete stop so 99.99999999999999% of people in CA lol, then not having the plate can give them an excuse as they can tell you off that and then and give you a fix it ticket.

One case where you will probably automatically get pulled over without the front place is if you visit any of the major airports.

With the amount of cars that don't have a front plate in CA and seeing as motorbikes don't need them about time the legal requirement was removed, CA is supposed to be green so why waste resources on a front plate.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That's been my process for the last 3 vehicles I've had- fallback would be the wrap until someone creates a better mount.

Of course I'd never tell people to break any laws. :cool:

My Pacifica actually has two indentations on the bumper where you are supposed to drill holes to mount the plate bracket- I'm assuming Ford doesn't do this as they didn't on the Escape I had. They are still not as bad as holes or the bracket, but noticeable like road chips, even with the clear bra installed.

I'm in CA. I'm going to do what I can to convince dealer not to drill holes for a front plate.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd settle for a vinyl wrap license plate available everywhere. But yeah no front plate would be great on this car.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My Pacifica actually has two indentations on the bumper where you are supposed to drill holes to mount the plate bracket- I'm assuming Ford doesn't do this as they didn't on the Escape I had. They are still not as bad as holes or the bracket, but noticeable like road chips, even with the clear bra installed.
The preproduction sample I saw last week had the two small dimples for the plate bracket.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
put it on normally. I usually don't see the front of the car when I am driving

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Oh well, the plate is 'required' after all. Add the carpool stickers and it's practically nascar. Off-topic, but do we know what color the 2021 CA HOV stickers will be?

The preproduction sample I saw last week had the two small dimples for the plate bracket.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oh well, the plate is 'required' after all. Add the carpool stickers and it's practically nascar. Off-topic, but do we know what color the 2021 CA HOV stickers will be?
Not sure how accurate or true, someone told me we have to choose HOV sticker OR state tax credit. Been trying to look that up but can't find any references.
Sponsored