RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Every car forum I've been on has had a thread like this for general sharing and updates on projects, without the need to post new threads for everything, or reviving dead threads.

So, what did you do to your Mach-E today?
So, you love you car ... but does your car love you back?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1653240675421

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m eager for your results. I can audibly hear the difference even starting at 30-40mph.
Not to turn this into a wind noise thread, I added this to the seam between my windshield and the pano roof and it really helped with the wind noise. While I wish I had the skills/jig to have made it perfectly curved along the seam, it does the job really well.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 9A2951BC-2BFF-494D-AC4B-E327B0B05031

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
It wasn't today, but a couple days ago I replaced the Max Defrost hard button near the light control with a Liftgate button from a wrecked (I presume) car. Required a bit of wiring too, but it works perfectly! (Just before you hear the beeps @0:12, I pressed the button a second time to close it.)

H/T to @markboris @i8iridium @krazieboy!
That’s freaking awesome. You are now creating work for me. I have to pull together my inner MacGyver and get that done. I’m not going to have the cool button. I wonder if they are available as a part order??

Jes sayin

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I did the Hands-Free lift gate activation via Forscan today. Glad to have that feature back.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not driven it much yet, leaving tomorrow on a 525 mile trip, so we'll see. I have no expectation that it's noisier though.

Later this week / weekend, I am going to use an app that has a sound meter in it, and see if it senses a difference between the laminated front windows on the 2021 and the tempered front windows on the 2022. I'm going to bet that my wife and I notice no difference on the highway.
Hadn't heard of tempered front window I'm used to laminated and I think I prefer that for penetration protection.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hadn't heard of tempered front window I'm used to laminated and I think I prefer that for penetration protection.
Tempered is standard door glass. 2021s had laminated.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
That’s freaking awesome. You are now creating work for me. I have to pull together my inner MacGyver and get that done. I’m not going to have the cool button. I wonder if they are available as a part order??

Jes sayin
I couldn't find the part available through Ford Parts, but I found it on eBay. Sadly you need to buy the entire assembly and not just the Liftgate switch. Note that I paid less than the price shown here.

See @markboris's post about adding the switch for more details on the wiring, as well as @krazieboy's post about the switch install...

Good luck!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 3.22.24 PM

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not driven it much yet, leaving tomorrow on a 525 mile trip, so we'll see. I have no expectation that it's noisier though.

Later this week / weekend, I am going to use an app that has a sound meter in it, and see if it senses a difference between the laminated front windows on the 2021 and the tempered front windows on the 2022. I'm going to bet that my wife and I notice no difference on the highway.
I am surprised yours did not come with the laminated glass. My build was 1/19 and finished 1/31 and it came with laminated glass. Have heard several others in the build time-frame also receiving laminated. I will be interested if you notice any difference.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I am surprised yours did not come with the laminated glass. My build was 1/19 and finished 1/31 and it came with laminated glass. Have heard several others in the build time-frame also receiving laminated. I will be interested if you notice any difference.
You have a GT. I have a Premium.
Sponsored