DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Are you suggesting that if people want something fixed or improved, then rather than complain about it they should just sell their car, likely at a significant loss? That seems a bit… hyperbolic.

Or are you simply upset by the word “hate” as opposed to “dislike” or “frustrated by”? That seems a bit persnickety.

Ford can do better. It can fix some obvious bugs, and it can make some relatively easy improvements. And I’d prefer to point those things out rather than sell my car which overall I like very much.
Read my response however you like. What I'm saying is that there are of course things about this car that are odd, some that can be frustrating, some that can be irritating, but nothing that makes me "hate" it. and most of the irritants I've seen are related to owning a 1st generation of a new model vehicle (like ALL of us here. The 2nd Gen cars are a couple years away.) I find people who post things like "I hate that it doesn't charge faster" are spitting into the wind about things that are simply part of life with a MME and if that makes them "hate" it, then they would be happier with a different car. Unless they simply like to moan and complain, in which case there should be a forum section called "Whiners Only."

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The only thing Mach-E is missing is a tear gas dispenser to deal with the antifa crowds and annoying motorcyclists.
James Bond's Aston Martin came to mind when I read your post :cool:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
nothing that makes me "hate" it. and most of the irritants I've seen are related to owning a 1st generation of a new model vehicle (like ALL of us here
Exactly. There are things I dislike about the some things associated with the car, there’s nothing I hate about it though.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Yea well like I said, you have the power to discard it if it's that bad for you. It's a car not a child. :)
I would need to shell out an additional $6-8K even after trade in. So I’m staying put with the Mach-E. I’m learning to live with its massive list of shortcomings.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Read my response however you like. What I'm saying is that there are of course things about this car that are odd, some that can be frustrating, some that can be irritating, but nothing that makes me "hate" it. and most of the irritants I've seen are related to owning a 1st generation of a new model vehicle (like ALL of us here. The 2nd Gen cars are a couple years away.) I find people who post things like "I hate that it doesn't charge faster" are spitting into the wind about things that are simply part of life with a MME and if that makes them "hate" it, then they would be happier with a different car. Unless they simply like to moan and complain, in which case there should be a forum section called "Whiners Only."
Thanks for confirming that I read your post right. Roughly equal parts hyperbolic and persnickety. :)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Exactly. There are things I dislike about the some things associated with the car, there’s nothing I hate about it though.
Just so we’re clear, where does one draw the line between hate and dislike? Can you or @DYohn assemble a spectrum of hate, abhor, loathe, despise, and dislike for sake of accuracy? Oh I forgot detest. Not sure where that fits.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I would need to shell out an additional $6-8K even after trade in. So I’m staying put with the Mach-E. I’m learning to live with its massive list of shortcomings.
Sometimes we make choices that we find out later are not the best for us and they have financial costs. I am thinking about my second-ex-wife. :) But happiness is worth the cost if it's important to us.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Just so we’re clear, where does one draw the line between hate and dislike? Can you or @DYohn assemble a spectrum of hate, abhor, loathe, despise, and dislike for sake of accuracy? Oh I forgot detest. Not sure where that fits.
I could create a metaphorical spectrum for your enlightenment but politics are banned from this forum. :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
where does one draw the line between hate and dislike?
What you chose to hate about anything, including this car, is entirely up to you. What I chose to hate about it is my choice, not anyone else’s. I don’t chose to hate anything about it. YMMV.

PollyP

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I hate that Ford very quietly took out features for the 2023 model. For example, I really wanted parking assist, saw the controls in my new car for parking assist, and then discovered after purchasing that it doesn't have parking assist. Same with hands free opening for the hatch. It doesn't even have the sensors. Silly me for thinking that this year's model would have the same features as last years.

I wish that the fob had a button for the frunk and that the button in the app actually worked. I wish that the app would tell me how many kilowatt hours a charge used after I unplugged the car.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Too harsh ride
Embarrassingly cheap charge door
No frunc button (2021 job 1) inside or on phone
No heads up display
Software glitches, those are expected, but I can't tolerate PAAK not working
I'm not sure that you're referring to the uncontrolled oscillations of the rear suspension or if you simply think the car has too much actual impact harshness. If it's the "bouncy" feeling, please see this thread. Mark and a bunch of volunteers are buying and modifying shocks and then testing them to see what the ride is like. 😊🐩

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Winter efficiency and winter range loss. Frankly, there should be an independent test and universal rating on winter range for EVs. Premium ride on 19” is terrible but vastly improved with 18”s.
Sponsored

Last edited: