CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
Hate is a strong word. But my only complaint is how my phone connection / music streaming gets dropped all the time. I've seen the solutions and admit I have not exhausted all options. But I literally have never had to resolve an issue like this on any vehicle or other bluetooth / wifi device, at least, not since the very early days of wireless tech.

Second, if I have to list one, is the Frunk doubles as a cooler, but I have yet to open it and find a beverage waiting for me!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
80% personal plus some from the forum.
I wont read this list as it'll give me ideas to be mad at something I didn't even realize sucked until I read this.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
Second, if I have to list one, is the Frunk doubles as a cooler, but I have yet to open it and find a beverage waiting for me!
I usually open the frunk and jump in with a cold beverage and a bowl of kibble (dog jerky when I really want to party). Nice place to chill. 😎🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E? E560F40E-F74A-468C-97DB-97AC8D1C9C28

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I hate PaaK. It was so unreliable for me. I carry the keyfob and no longer have issues with the car knowing I have a key.
Agreed. Call me old school but after having to use a paak for our MY, give me the key fob any day.

AdamSNP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
It's amazing to me how many people have issues that do not exist on all vehicles or complain about options that aren't on their specific model but are on others, Select vs Premium vs GT vs GTP. Many complaints seem to be generated from either lack of knowledge that the option or function exits or a different model level should have been ordered in the first place. Interesting.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Agreed. I don't hate PAAK. I simply ignore PAAK. Then again, I still have a pair. (Of FOBs!!)
Before I got my car, I was I. The “I am going to use my key and the heck with PaaK” camp. Once I enabled PaaK, I stopped carrying my physical key. I only carry it if I am going a long distance or going in for some sort of service. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Have the car now for 6 months and few things not particularly fond off:
1. The steering wheel design and materials used. The steering wheel is extremely ordinary design with cheap rough plastic honk button. The signal and wiper handles are cheap plastic and belongs to A $20k car and not $60k car. The designer who designed this should be fired. I expect the touch points of a >$60k car to feel luxurious. I can pay few more $100s for a better feeling steering handle. @Ford Motor Company please come up with a better design and let me know. I am willing to replace it.
2. The erratic driving history on the paak. Sometimes if I drive 35 miles it shows 60 miles arbitrarily. Why is it that complicated to read the accurate values from the modem in the car.
3. The door with window frames. Why can't it be frameless like the regular mustangs
4. No nice graphics in the engaged mode. Which is why I don't drive in that mode.
5. Bumpy ride and no means to adjust in different drive modes

Having said that I still think it is the best EV in the market and loveidriving it and get lots of compliments from strangers.
I love my heated steering wheel. My husband's Porsche Panamera doesn't even have a heated steering wheel. I don't think it feels cheap at all.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I hate that Ford very quietly took out features for the 2023 model. For example, I really wanted parking assist, saw the controls in my new car for parking assist, and then discovered after purchasing that it doesn't have parking assist. Same with hands free opening for the hatch. It doesn't even have the sensors. Silly me for thinking that this year's model would have the same features as last years.

I wish that the fob had a button for the frunk and that the button in the app actually worked. I wish that the app would tell me how many kilowatt hours a charge used after I unplugged the car.
My 2022 doesn't have park assist either due to the chip shortage. It does have a park assist kit supposedly for when (if ever) it becomes available.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Unfortunately, only part of the 2022 model year had hands-free opening for the trunk. It's a nice feature even if it often doesn't work quite right (for me).
I have never been able to get this to work. I have watched Youtube videos and still can't get it to open with kicking under the hatch :(

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
We hate the Apple CarPlay map glitch that will hit at the most inopportune times. I don’t love the metal trim in the GTPE, the premium dashboard trim looked better really. We’ve had three Mach-e’s and I did love the light weight of the standard-range Premium. Hated the narrower wheels and losing hands-free rear lift gate our ‘21 had. Hate the new screens that I have to go full-screen now to monitor tire pressure… ugh! Sorry you asked though! These are great cars!
Oh and fuck their Nite Pony package, Ford doesn’t understand or try to fix “painted-black emblems”!!! That I am pissed about for the extra $800 they got me for.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
I have never been able to get this to work. I have watched Youtube videos and still can't get it to open with kicking under the hatch :(
Well we had the hardware in our ‘22 allegedly, but it was deactivated and unsure how risky it was to activate it.

KPal64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I just wish for updated BC maps so I can try hands-free. Bought the car new in October ‘22 and maps had already expired. Numerous discussions with Ford and two dealers have not solved the problem. Doesn’t seem Ford even cares. I could not recommend the MME based on this continued issue with no care by Ford.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I just wish for updated BC maps so I can try hands-free. Bought the car new in October ‘22 and maps had already expired. Numerous discussions with Ford and two dealers have not solved the problem. Doesn’t seem Ford even cares. I could not recommend the MME based on this continued issue with no care by Ford.
Personally I've found that adaptive cruise control and lane centering is sufficient for me. I don't feel the need to take my hands off of the steering wheel.
Sponsored