What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
1. No door handles (seriously, there is an actual thread about how many button pushes on average it takes to get your door open).
Isn’t that a PAAK issue? Which has nothing to do with the door opening mechanism? The push button works flawlessly with fob.

9. Having a camera fault take out my cruise control???
Yeah, this happens to me a few times a month. I forgot to list it. It is typically triggered by hitting a bump just right. I guess I have the crimped coaxial cable issue. Super annoying when it happens on the highway over an expansion joint and all the driver assist craps out.
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Isn’t that a PAAK issue? Which has nothing to do with the door opening mechanism? The push button works flawlessly with fob.
As a FOB only user, I can assure that it is just a bad design (I just think the generally suckiness of PAAK makes the issue worse).

Sometimes I press it, and it will open, and sometimes it won't (probably 50-50 chance). Then I have to press a second time. Occasionally I have to press it a third time. And what's really strange is sometimes I hear SOMETHING happening on the first press (as if something is moving in the door), but it doesn't actually open. Probably because it's... wait for it... a dumb design that should have never seen the light of day.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Yeah, this happens to me a few times a month. I forgot to list it. It is typically triggered by hitting a bump just right. I guess I have the crimped coaxial cable issue. Super annoying when it happens on the highway over an expansion joint and all the driver assist craps out.
I don't really have a problem that the camera cuts out (they could yank it out for all I care), but why does it take down cruise control, which has nothing to do with the camera? That's like saying my radio broke so we have to cut power to the windows opening/closing. THAT'S the truly stupid part of this.

Skierick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2017 BMW 440 Convertible
Country flag
Had mine for almost two years now and my only complaint is with the dealer service, which has included holding my car for a couple weeks before telling me they couldn't do the glass recall and still being unable to get blue cruise installed. I'm trying again for the third time in a couple weeks, so I've got my fingers crossed. But I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat, I love the smooth and incredibly fast acceleration and I've had far fewer problems with the Mach e than any other car I've owned.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can now add to my list after getting 4.2.2 just an hour ago

High Voltage Battery warning car may shut down without further warning
power train malfunction
and charge fault

hate when fears do come true

HOLOTYPE

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software support engineer
Country flag
Meh I don't really hate anything about it, I am loving my Mach E more than any other vehicle I've owned and Ford has already fixed one of my biggest worries, which is PAAK. Has been working like a champ since 3.6.2 for me.

I think the thing I strongly dislike the most is not the car, Its Ford's customer service. Its been a nightmare trying to get bluecruise to work (bought used, its not in connected services), and after 3 months of having a ticket open I'm no where closer to a solution and calling in wastes almost an hour of my time - with a good 20-30 min of that time being bounced around. If their customer service is this siloed/disconnected, I can only imagine how bad their engineering/OTA teams are.

abfoot7818

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Expedition Max FX4, 2014 C-Max PHEV
Country flag
I certainly have a handful of annoyances and things I’d like to see changed. However, after owning an MME for several months now and depending solely on the public charging network (I can’t charge where I live) I have decided the most important change is like is where the charging port is located. I would LOVE for it to be on the front, like the E Transit. I’m tired of not being able to use certain chargers because the cord won’t reach.

@Ford Motor Company please consider moving the charging port on Gen 2.
Sound like you could really use this now: a 20 foot J1772 extension cord and they have a 40’ one too. I’m thinking of buying the 20’ one myself so I can extend past ICE vehicles that block EV chargers. https://ev-lectron.com/products/lectron-j1772-extension-cable?_pos=3&_sid=d6e769ab7&_ss=r

jocke31

First Name
Joakim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RW
Occupation
digital strategist
Country flag
I love my car. But - since I live in Europe I hate (and can’t understand) the fact that we are still lagging dramatically in OTA updates. I have a job1 2021 and the last update was 2.7.4 (september-22). Why?

And I do have a frunk button on my fob, but it doesn’t do anything. Why?

Air cooled seats would have been nice too.

And the DC charging speed on the MME isn’t impressing at all. It takes double as long time to charge as a Taycan, Audi or Ioniq5.

jossebastian

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Select, Ford Fusion, Dodge Charger
Country flag
  1. Rain sensing wiper timing a bit too eager that there isn’t enough water accumulated, that wiper makes sound.
  2. New software update with ugly icons
  3. Trunk latch release confusing. Sometimes the button on door opens it, sometimes it doesn’t.
  4. Climate control cannot do simple functions without complication. For example, if I want to turn fan-only on, without turning on e-heat when the outside temperature is 55 and inside is higher. The only way I could do is turn the temperature down to LO. But doesn’t help during rain.
  5. Suspension needs serious improvement. Stiff ride. Lots of noises. Not fit for a car this price point.
  6. Few more mechanical buttons preferred OR adjust software around knob. Now simple functions require you move to all sides of screen. Changing radio, need to open apps. Then come down to change volume. Then to adjust climate, click temperature, and move hand towards knob, then move right to choose a full screen menu to select which vent moving upwards, then wait for the menu to go away. See the point. Ideal solution would be I rest my hand on PRND lever, and while resting there, use fingers to control everything. Which means that ALL controls should be only a finger distance away from that point. All screen space above is for information display.

AdamSNP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
‘22 GTP
No button either on the frunk or on the key fob to open.
The “cooler” frunk gets hot.
The glass roof doesn’t open and no other options of an open roof.
Updates frequently screw things up and require going back on to settings to fix.
The memory seat frequently doesn’t fully engage and move into positions.
The phone link doesn’t always hookup, especially if someone else with access has driven it.
When the phone link doesn’t hook up, it frequently requires multiple off on sequences to get it to recognize my phone that’s already listed in the settings.
The charge rates both cost and speed at EA in SC.
The max charge speed.

And lastly one of the biggest is the 5 sec acceleration limit with no option to bypass!!! PLEASE at least give us an option for a few more seconds!!! Get me to 80 or 100 before throttling back!!!

TheBraydenKyle

First Name
Brayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Sales Management
Country flag
Sound like you could really use this now: a 20 foot J1772 extension cord and they have a 40’ one too. I’m thinking of buying the 20’ one myself so I can extend past ICE vehicles that block EV chargers. https://ev-lectron.com/products/lectron-j1772-extension-cable?_pos=3&_sid=d6e769ab7&_ss=r
L2 chargers have never been an issue for me. It has always been DCFC cables. Depending on the charger brand and placement, there have been times I can’t get the cord to reach the port.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
After owning my Ice White MME for 1 year, this is my contrarian list:
  • I love how the front door opens with a button and an elegant handle.
  • I love the big infotainment screen that shows a big map through CarPlay or AA.
  • I love the floating volume knob on the screen that perfectly clicks. After the software update, that also controls the heat and ventilation. I added physical buttons to be able to control the temperature without looking down (see below)
  • I love seeing the curvy front hood from the driver's seat.
  • I love that the BlueCruise and ADAS have very few false alarms: It is pretty good at warning for real issues.
  • I love that I have no issues in 1 year of driving. Never went back for service or warrany repair.
  • I fixed the omission of the power flow meter by mounting my iPhone running Car Scanner. It plots the battery charge/discharge current, speed, as well as motor torques, heater power, and other nerdy data. e
  • I fixed the omission of a rearview camera mirror using an aftermarket dashcam. That gives a much better view and records front and back in 4K as a bonus. (see below)
  • I fixed the omission of the lighted pony (see below)

Ford Mustang Mach-E What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E? image000001

Ford Mustang Mach-E What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E? image000000

Last edited:

Geniusk24

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Select AWD, 2012 Subaru Legacy
Country flag
After owning my Ice White MME for 1 year, this is my contrarian list:
  • I love how the front door opens with a button and an elegant handle.
  • I love the big infotainment screen that shows a big map through CarPlay or AA.
  • I love the floating volume knob on the screen that perfectly clicks. After the software update, that also controls the heat and ventilation. I added physical buttons to be able to control the temperature without looking down (see below)
  • I love seeing the curvy front hood from the driver's seat.
  • I love that the BlueCruise and ADAS have very few false alarms: It is pretty good at warning for real issues.
  • I love that I have no issues in 1 year of driving. Never went back for service or warrany repair.
  • I fixed the omission of the power flow meter by mounting my iPhone running Car Scanner. It plots the battery charge/discharge current, speed, as well as motor torques, heater power, and other nerdy data. e
  • I fixed the omission of a rearview camera mirror using an aftermarket dashcam. That gives a much better view and records front and back in 4K as a bonus. (see below)
  • I fixed the omission of the lighted pony (see below)

• I fixed the omission of the power flow meter by mounting my iPhone running Car Scanner. It plots the battery charge/discharge current, speed, as well as motor torques, heater power, and other nerdy data.
  • -> This is cool. What App are you using for this?
  • I fixed the omission of a rearview camera mirror using an aftermarket dashcam. That gives a much better view and records front and back in 4K as a bonus.
  • -> Which model did you go with?

Geniusk24

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Select AWD, 2012 Subaru Legacy
Country flag
DC charging speed on the MME needs to be improved
Wind Noise
Rear suspension needs improvement. I wouldn't recommend this car for someone who has very young kids or babies.
No factory option to add the same handle on the back doors
I wish the roof had anchor points to add a Roof Rack without the clamps.
The screen on the dashboard should have been curved to match the steering wheel curve since the top corners are blocked.

Ddsmom

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
I have to admit I absolutely love mine. The ride is smooth and I enjoy the quiet with no radio on. The 2 things I would change is the way you have to move ur head completely to see the buttons for the headlights and there is no button readily available to open the frunk.
Sponsored