Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
There is one for the rear hatch on the fob.
There is one on the fob, but you have to go to the Controls screen to raise/lower the hatch from inside. AND, if you park and turn off the car, you cannot do that! A dedicated button would have been more convenient.
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I haven't actually crossed the "hate" threshold, but it's a pretty fierce level of frustration. I waited 52 weeks for delivery of a 2022 MME. (Estimated delivery time when I ordered was 28+ weeks.) Dealer never had info on delays. Ford comms were sparse and uninformative. All the while, "price protection" was said to be honored. However, at purchase time, the dealer refused to honor price protection. Instead, they chose to make me pay them the $2000 overcharge and then they would apply to Ford for a refund. I am at day 101 of waiting for the refund. Also had to pay $155 sales tax on the overcharge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E? 1679341867042

edit: The $2000 price protection overcharge refund check arrived 111 days after the MME purchase.

Last edited:

MacheCA22

First Name
Nomad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium 22
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Squicky/Nosiy breaks
Software: too slow, lags
fast charging is limited

SalsabyJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Features on the less-expensive Escape are not on this vehicle (2023): Head's up display, Auto-park assist, and kick gate (although that was very very touch n go on the 2020 Escape I had)...

The "giddy-up" door/seat belt warning is cute, but wears on you, should allow for the option of making it a simple beep sound.

The back up beep-beep is not as cool as the sounds on other Fords and vehicles from other manucaturers - all of which have a unique sound that meets the Federal standard.

Not seeing a phone charge level and signal strength icon on all screens.

Agree that more info about audio on all screens would be nice. Sparse driver display could be improved.

Bmt-mache

First Name
BMT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Well, I’ve been providing feedback for over a year for them to enable the frunk release and it’s not happened, so I don’t think you can count on any Ford Engjneer

this is very sad. You’re an early adopter and clearly the type of customer they want to attract and keep happy since word-of-mouth is great advertising (as wealthy people who make videos have found 🙂), yet Ford seems to take buyers like you for granted at times.
I am actually confused by this. Maybe it is my year and/or trim. I see 3 ways of opening the frunk. (1 click on Ford Pass, 2 clicks on car screen and a latch which you pull twice). Everyone works without fail. Similarly 2 ways to open the trunk 1 from screen and one from app. I do have other issue but not this one.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
  1. Still getting CarPlay to actually connect is still a rage inducing process. (This not working still sends me in to a blind rage).
  2. Not having the ability to manually set temperatures from the FordPass app.
  3. Not being able to pre-condition with the push of a button.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I HATE that I still cannot permanently deactivate the interior motion sensors. I have to cover them with duct tape. Otherwise every time I run into a store and the car locks, and passenger will set off the alarm.
Have you taken a look at these? flat sliders, use on those blue lights that are always on, as well as the motion sensors? (not sure if they'd work there or not)

Ford Mustang Mach-E What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E? Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 13.26.58

Murf Diggler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Country flag
The 5 second limiter needs to go. Why is that in the software??

No air cooled seats.

Other than that, I am pleased with my GT. It's fun to drive.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
start/stop music from a button on the steering wheel.
Yeah, all my cars before this, I could push (on the Mach E) the OK button on the steering wheel and it would pause the music. First time I tried that and nothing happened, I was looking around for a way to pause/stop the music. The center of the wheel has the on/off music button.

no, no no @Fordmotorcompany. If the OK button isn't being used for something, let it turn off/pause the music, all my other cars that button paused the music.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Overall I like driving the car, but Ford made some odd and questionable design decisions on this one. I can't say for sure if I had been in the market for a car during a 'normal' car market if I would have picked this vehicle.

1. No door handles (seriously, there is an actual thread about how many button pushes on average it takes to get your door open).
2. No climate control physical buttons
3. The dumb-ass touchscreen controls that you did put in are all the way at the bottom
4. No charging/regen/power usage info anywhere
5. All this other useless technology that I don't want, but you kept out the memory seat when you went to the trouble of motorizing it already?
6. A radio system that is worse than the one in my 2016 Kia.
7. I might use my frunk for more than just my charger (that I hardly use) if you had a button on the fob, or, I don't know NEAR THE FRUNK HOOD LIKE THE REAR HATCH HAS???
8. A worse-than-my-cell phone navigation system
9. Having a camera fault take out my cruise control???

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The back up beep-beep is not as cool as the sounds on other Fords and vehicles from other manucaturers - all of which have a unique sound that meets the Federal standard.
I put a volume control on my speaker and have it turned down. The backup noise is very annoying, and so is the fake motor noise. Silence is way better.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
3. Speaking of that. I HATE that I have an unnatural fear that one day my car WILL break down with a HVJB failure. It hasn't yet, but I hate the fact that its a WHEN and not an IF. I just know its going to be at the most inconvenient time for me.
Yeah, my fear is it will burn out at 36,001 miles or , 100,001 miles and Ford will tell me too bad, it's gonna cost you $3400 to replace it. $700 for the part and $2700 for the labor and it will take 6 weeks to fix. Hope you have a ride!

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yeah, my fear is it will burn out at 36,001 miles or , 100,001 miles and Ford will tell me too bad, it's gonna cost you $3400 to replace it. $700 for the part and $2700 for the labor and it will take 6 weeks to fix. Hope you have a ride!
I have the same concern, but I suspect a complaint to Ford will get them to pay for it. That's my theory, and I am sticking with it!

I am over 26k miles now, and no failure. I WOT on a regular basis, and drive it like I stole it. And I will continue to do that, because it is one of the big reasons I bought it.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
That it constantly thinks that the phone (PAKK) that's in my pocket is inside the car and honks at me. Even more infuriating when trying to close the trunk and it closes half way, double honks, and I have to first press the button to open and then press to close. Sometimes more than 10 times before it finally agrees my phone is not inside the car.

Just give us an option to disable the locking your key inside the car prevention. I don't need the car thinking it's smarter than me. The annoying and loud double honk just rubs the detection flaw in my face every day.

Otherwise, there are some minor annoyances and things that could be better. No car is perfect for everyone. I do think that for the price, it could be more premium inside. Better sound system, much better steering wheel feel, real leather, rear heated seats, front cooled seats. Auto wipers should not be a position on the wiper stalk, but an on/off button (or setting). If they fail to wipe, having to flip down two positions, then turn auto back on rather than just a quick flip for a manual wipe is annoying.

Domainman

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The various chimes and warning noises! I first I thought they were okay but now when I drive in other fords I found the Mach E chimes annoying!
Sponsored