EGO Blower
Sponsored

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I have all electric lawn equipment and an e-bike. I'm a techy kind of guy. I speak to Google and turn on lights, answer my doors the same way. I rarely use paper and my office is as paperless as you can get! We also have 2 Prius in the driveway. Wife and kids. I still have my Trans Am.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? rover

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have all electric lawn equipment and an e-bike. I'm a techy kind of guy. I speak to Google and turn on lights, answer my doors the same way. I rarely use paper and my office is as paperless as you can get! We also have 2 Prius in the driveway. Wife and kids. I still have my Trans Am.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? rover
What do you think of that Rad power bike? They keep showing up on my Facebook feed and look good. Do the wife and kids have switches? Would love to turn them off sometimes although I know that is old fashioned to have an on/off :)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been using a battery-powered lawnmower for 5 years. Much lighter, much easier. Only problem is that the battery doesn't last long enough to do the whole lawn (I have a large lawn) so I have to break it into 2 days. I also cut it more frequently since it doesn't have as much power and it doesn't do as well cutting tall grass. But that's OK since I'm retired and don't have to wait till the weekends to do it. Good exercise to cut in a few times each week.

When we moved out of the mountains (where I had a hefty Ariens gas snowblower), I sold it and bought a small corded electric SnowJoe. Works well for the lighter snow we usually get on the plains north of Denver. And WAY easier to handle (I usually just one-hand it while I manage the cord with the other).

Also have an electric (corded) power rake.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
What do you think of that Rad power bike? They keep showing up on my Facebook feed and look good. Do the wife and kids have switches? Would love to turn them off sometimes although I know that is old fashioned to have an on/off :)
I love my Rad Mini (see photo at very beginning of the thread). Have had it over a year now and ride it whenever I can. Have even sold a few just from people asking about it..

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I own a Launch Edition 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. It was one of the first ones delivered in May 2017. Because they were very late in delivering the first orders FCA gave me a free Level 2 charger made by AeroVironment and 3 years of oil changes. Other than recalls I have not had a single problem with it. I have not experienced any of the issues Car and Driver complained about. I really enjoy driving it. I traded in my Dodge Durango R/T for it because we outgrew the Durango. It being PHEV is what makes it great to drive. It just takes off, no engine revving or the associated whine unless you gun it and then the engine kicks in to help if you need to go up a big hill or take off into fast moving traffic. I have 50,000 miles on it. I can go for weeks between fill-ups picking up the kids and driving them wherever they need to go around town. I have moved full size couches with it. My wife just moved my niece into her college apartment with it and fit 4 people and all her furniture, clothes and supplies and drove in Tropical Storm Fay to get there. It gets 35 mpg on my 5 hour trips to my vacation home in Maine. It's comfortable, confident and quiet on long drives. We drove it to see my family in Myrtle Beach, SC quite a few times. I was rear-ended in it in traffic on 495 in Massachusetts by a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it took it like a tank and had minimal damage to the bumper cover. I have a 7yr/125000 mile Maximum Care service contract on it (also given to me by FCA for complaining that it took so long to be delivered and was damaged on the trip from the factory in Windsor, ON to NY. I have owned a lot of FCA vehicles in the last 10 years so sometimes it pays to be a loyal customer with a big mouth). It will stick around at least until the service contract has expired. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about my experiences with my Pacifica. Feel free to PM me if you like.

My Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is what made me realize that electric cars are the way I want to go now and in the future.
Thanks for the first-hand account! I was worried after reading a couple reviews where people reported loud engine noise and being in and out of shop for recalls and repairs.

i imagine now that it will be out for it’s fourth model year, I hope the recalls and lemons will be a thing of thing of the past. It does seem like really the best option for an electrified large vehicle.

Last edited:

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I hadn't thought of electrifying them.
It makes them compliant.

I love my Rad. I rode 24 miles before work this morning. I just passed 1400 miles on it. I did 850 last year and I'm hoping to hit 2K before winter.

It really depends on how far you want to go. I can go 30-40 miles on a charge. My back starts complaining around 25 lately. I do have better than stock seat. I did an epic ride a few weeks ago. 31 miles and 1131 elevation change. 2 hours. The most I have done is 33 miles and a 1600 foot elevation change!

There's no on/off switch for the wife and kids unfortunately.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
It makes them compliant.

I love my Rad. I rode 24 miles before work this morning. I just passed 1400 miles on it. I did 850 last year and I'm hoping to hit 2K before winter.

It really depends on how far you want to go. I can go 30-40 miles on a charge. My back starts complaining around 25 lately. I do have better than stock seat. I did an epic ride a few weeks ago. 31 miles and 1131 elevation change. 2 hours. The most I have done is 33 miles and a 1600 foot elevation change!

There's no on/off switch for the wife and kids unfortunately.
Ok I feel inadequate! I only rode a smidge over 4 miles this morning LOL. My Rad's odo is still only showing 3 digits.... (Yeah my battery lasts me about one or two weeks before I have to charge it.)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have a Trek Dual Sport 3 (all human powered) and on my 60th birthday a month ago I wanted to ride 60 Km. I rode 65 Km.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? 6D10C15B-E63E-476E-9169-5E967BBD4899
Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? F35E79D4-DEE0-4E18-AE7A-E1BA31267F9A

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Not nosy, after all I use it prominently.

It's a film I was involved in. Won at Sundance, Emmys, several other places. Check it out. It's on Netflix and if you don't have a Netflix account you can watch it for free on Netflix's YouTube channel:
https://www.chasingcoral.com
I figured the name was associated with scuba diving. Never thought about the movie (A good one too). My "fun" job for many years was as a dive instructor with a local dive shop here in Hawaii. I always felt sorry for my clients when we were on an underwater tour. I loved pointing out the various types of coral (all hard coral here) and finding the rare stuff. "Who cares about that giant whale shark ... look at this!"

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
My house is electric (no gas). I use mostly electric landscaping tools less the ride-on.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
EGO push mower
EGO Chain saw
EGO Blower
Nissan LEAF
Clarity PHEV until MME arrives
rewired light fixtures in kitchen for LED T8 bulbs
in process of adding smart lights and plugs, giving Alexa a workout
most lights are now LED
green power option with Puget Sound Energy (green sourcing)
induction cooktop (single) is mostly used instead of the gas cooktop
2 Instant pots
but we love our gas logs fireplace insert (with remote control) in the winter
the gas furnace and water heater will stay in place for the next owner of the house, I just replaced the furnace 5 years ago.
maybe a RAD Runner Plus bike in the Spring
Sponsored