Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have an electric lawnmower and leaf blower, etc. but when our 30th wedding anniversary to St. Lucia got canceled due to Covid last year, I used some of the refund money to buy my wife and I E-bikes (Rad Rover5). We absolutely love them. Anyway, when I started watching videos for the Mach-E (I never followed Teslas) I felt like I understood that feeling I was seeing expressed in all the videos when someone would step on the throttle. I had that same feeling (on a smaller scale) with the throttle of my E-bike.
So, it is really because of the great experience I had with the E-bike that led me to buy the Mach-E. And it was my experience with the Mach-E that led me to put in an order for a Mach-E GTPE tonight!! Crazy world. We also put in a reservation for the Lightning on the first day due to the Mach-E.
Same with me I started with a Lectric XP fat tire bike and once I felt that quiet push with pedal assist and throttle I knew my next car would be electric.
Sponsored

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Everything in my house is electric and has been for years. I even got rid of my Indian (the only internal combustion engine I miss.)

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
All Ryobi = powerwasher, hedge trimmer, weed eater, leaf blower, circular saw, reciprocating saw, drill, air compressor, and more to come.....
Ryobi addicts unite! I recently got the bigger tire inflator and ditched my little air compressor. Love that thing, just set the PSI you want and let it rip. No more extension cords.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Switched from Ryobi gas powered lawn equipment to 40v a few years back, and then sold the powerhead from the gas powered one (that I couldn't get to run reliably any longer). Found that the battery powered head isn't as powerful, and complained to Ryobi, who sent me a brushless head. Everything is electric but the lawn tractor (takes me 2 hours to mow the yard) and the small push mower for the tight spots - I plan on either moving to electric in the next year or two, or moving and not having a lawn.

We went hybrid back in 2009 with a Fusion, then PHEV in 2018. First full EV.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My 20 year old gas-mower was destroyed last year. The city hired a contractor to tear out the roads for a sewer-separation project. At the end of the project they had to pour a new road. And that's when trouble happened. I have a corner house and they pounded some metal stakes into my hard that were used to measure offsets. Unfortunately ONE of those stakes was pounded down just to about the height of the grass -- I didn't see it. So here I am mowing the lawn when I hear a loud bang. The blade hit the steel rod and destroyed the engine (it had no compression ... clearly the piston was shot and based on the age of the mower it wasn't worth repairing.)

That started me down the path. I had to get a new mower so I picked up an EGO walk-behind mower (I don't have a big enough yard to need a riding mower).

But I liked the EGO mower enough ... that I also bought their leaf-blower ... then i bought their multi-tool (string-trimmer, edger, hedger, etc. etc.)

Next on the list is the snow-blower. My 2-stage snow blower is pretty beefy and powers through deep snow and in some winters it gets heavy use (some winters it only gets used a few times). So I've got my eye on that EGO 2-stage electric snow-blower but haven't bought one yet.

Never mind the 'green' aspects... electric yard tools are a LOT more convenient than messing with gas & oil and the maintenance they need.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I electrified my lawn and gardening tools long before I bought the MME, mostly Ego stuff for the big tools, and way too many Ryobi tools than I care to admit, let me just see if I remember what I got:

Ego select cut dual blade self-propelled mower (replaced a top of the line Honda HRX), Ego 650CFM leaf blower (works great to dry my cars after washing), Ego string trimmer, Ego snow blower (don't laugh, works well enough for me, easy to move out of my garage when not needed freeing up valuable garage space), Ego Nexus power station (keeps my 2 refrigerators going during extended power outage), Ego Nexus Escape 120V power inverter (junk, the only bad Ego tool I've come across).

Plus at least 20 Ryboi tools ? I name some of my favorites. Dual action polisher, I'm no pro auto detailer so it suits my needs very very well, certainly beats the corded Harbor Freight that I replaced. 150-watt inverter, works much better than the Ego Nexus Escape. 4" clamp fan, works great to keep bugs off my face while mowing! High speed rotary tool. I even have their drain auger which paid for itself at least 5x over with not having to call a plumber ?

Also have 2 electric bikes, a Jupiter Discovery X5 and an Ecotric fat tire (just like the Lectric XP).

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Watch, camera, drills, lawnmower, vacuum, weather station, weed whacker, and my next purchase will be a battery powered chainsaw. I bike a fair amount and nearly all on the ocean and an e-bike would be a maintenance nightmare as salt and abrasive sand are bad enough without electrons flowing through and motors to seal.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I started w house going Solar in 2008 at the same time I converted a Suzuki Swift; I didn't want a coal fired EV. ;)

built several more EVs for 2 local highschool shop class projects, and then a '94 Miata for myself in 2012 that I still drive on nice days. It's RWD, so there are 'traction issues' when driving hard... sure is fun though. visit envirokarma.org if you wanna see pix.

....and I've been replacing all gas power tools with electric. most recent was Oregon Chainsaw; which does remarkably well on small/medium stuff for about an hour at a time.

20201017_164357.jpg

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Well let's see... Plenty of battery hand tools: drill motors, reciprocating saw, leaf blower, etc. As part of the Mach-E EVSE project I picked up a nice DeWalt battery powered stapler that will drive insulated electrical staples big enough for 6-gauge wire. Nifty tool! Battery operated (lead-acid) push mower I've had for at least 20 years. Still using a gas riding mower that refuses to die but when it does I'll probably go electric. We started down the EV path when my wife got a Chevy Volt in 2015 which is still going strong with surprisingly little battery degradation. I ran the wires for that EVSE and made sure it passed inspection. So 2 EVSEs in the garage now. Suppose I should get the new one inspected one of these days... The main service box is 60 feet away on the other side of the house so running wire through the attic is a pain. Water heater, stove, clothes dryer all came with the house and are all electric, all old-school. The dryer has a serial number from 1974 and it's fun to just keep replacing parts as they wear out. I replace the sacrificial anode in the water heater every 10 years whether it needs it or not. Wonder how long I can keep that antique working?

Edit: Whoops! Forgot about the garage. Compressor to run air tools, QuickJack car lift, garage heater for winter tinkering tasks.

Last edited:

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Electric leaf blower, electric trimmer, e-bicycles.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
If I am peddling, I want the lightest bike possible. A few weekends ago I rode 40 miles on one ride, and I'm not sure I want to be hauling around batteries and a heavier bike. I'm heavy enough to begin with!
On my e-bike I can adjust the pedal assist and traditional gears so I can always get the amount of resistance that I want. Nice to be able to not worry about riding into the wind being too much to handle on a return trip. It is heavy so not the best if having to lift it in and out of a car.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My neighbor has one. It is very quiet. He gets his 2 acres mowed on one charge. I’ll get one when my ice mower gives up.
wait, you're mowing ice? where do you live, the North Pole? ARE YOU SANTA CLAUS?

oh wait your internal combustion engine mower, got it.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
All lawn equipment is electric. Only our Tacoma runs on gas.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I got a Specialized Turbo Levo Expert mountain bike a couple weeks ago. It's pretty awesome.
Sponsored