digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For those in snow regions, Matt Ferrell did a review of the EGO battery 2 stage snow blower:

I recommend watching Matt's YouTube videos, he owns a Tesla, but many of his videos are about battery powered equipment, solar energy, smart homes and other interesting topics for us nerds. I found out about him when I attended a session he did last year at Fully Charged Live in Austin.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
For those in snow regions, Matt Ferrell did a review of the EGO battery 2 stage snow blower:

I recommend watching Matt's YouTube videos, he owns a Tesla, but many of his videos are about battery powered equipment, solar energy, smart homes and other interesting topics for us nerds. I found out about him when I attended a session he did last year at Fully Charged Live in Austin.
Its amazing how far the battery powered equipment has come in just the last few years.

I bought a snow joe 100v 2 stage snowblower last month. Only 1 snow storm so far, but power is not an issue at all. Never bogged down once in 8-12 inches of snow. It was relatively dry snow, so take that for what it's worth. Only did the walkway this time, so hoping for some snow soon to try it out (and better skiing conditions!) On the sidewalk and driveway.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Its amazing how far the battery powered equipment has come in just the last few years.

I bought a snow joe 100v 2 stage snowblower last month. Only 1 snow storm so far, but power is not an issue at all. Never bogged down once in 8-12 inches of snow. It was relatively dry snow, so take that for what it's worth. Only did the walkway this time, so hoping for some snow soon to try it out (and better skiing conditions!) On the sidewalk and driveway.
I ended up just getting one of the corded SnowJoe's for $99. We don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood so all I have to do is my driveway (although it's a pretty good size driveway, maybe 30'x50'). But it's all in reach of a 100' extension cord. The corded units are like 1/3rd the price of the battery's, and it doesn't have to stay plugged in year-round to protect the batteries. Most of the snows at this house and under 6".

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I ended up just getting one of the corded SnowJoe's for $99. We don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood so all I have to do is my driveway (although it's a pretty good size driveway, maybe 30'x50'). But it's all in reach of a 100' extension cord. The corded units are like 1/3rd the price of the battery's, and it doesn't have to stay plugged in year-round to protect the batteries. Most of the snows at this house and under 6".
On most, if not all, of the battery ones you take the batteries out. Thus the snow thrower doesn't have to remain plugged in (and if you store the batteries inside they wouldn't need to be plugged in either once charged).

I keep mine on a shelf in the garage and have only one charger (3 batteries) so only one remains "plugged in" the rest sit on the shelf waiting for snow or the lawn to be cut (same batteries for mower and thrower).

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of my lawn equipment except my tractor which I need due to the size of my yard. Corded is not practical and and a battery powered would take me a week to do the yard. I just got a battery powered snow blower which worked great this year it handeled 6-8 inches of snow and the end of he driveway where the plows drop thick snow.

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
All my gardening and lawn tools are EGO Power 56v now. Have everything they made except the power pack and lawn mower, the blade edger and string trimmer on fixed shafts, the rest on their multitool system, I can even prune my hedges with the 22" trimmer on a pole at 15ft, pretty impressive. Have their 2.5, 5, and 7.5Ah batteries, one a rapid charger. Old trusty 25yo Kubota wont die but I am lusting for an electric Ryobi.

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
I have all electric lawn equipment and an e-bike. I'm a techy kind of guy. I speak to Google and turn on lights, answer my doors the same way. I rarely use paper and my office is as paperless as you can get! We also have 2 Prius in the driveway. Wife and kids. I still have my Trans Am.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? AB4E2D4F-063C-405A-8570-24FF3781190B
Hey, do you ever take the wheel off and slide into the back of the MachE? Trying to decide to get something similar and hoping it's easy to transport around.

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
Probably the first thing I electrified was my toothbrush. :D

More recently, when I bought my house the propane company welcomed me to the neighborhood by disconnecting my tank. I'll tell you what, a cold shower at 5:30 in the morning is not the way to my wallet. I called them and they quoted some law, no doubt lobbied through by the propane industry, and said for a marginal fee they would reconnect it with a safety inspection. I was going to reluctantly suck it up and pay that fee- until they said they were going to charge me for the propane that was in the tank that they had already sold to the previous homeowner. I told them to F off and come get their tank. They did, and I went and got an electric water heater. Well, it's been four and a half years of not having central heat. The same day I bought the water heater I bought a couple cords of oak and have never looked back. It doesn't get any more carbon neutral than burning oak to heat the house. Plus I have about 75 oak trees on my property, so I have a couple that fall each year and I cut those up and burn them along with the 3 cords I buy.

Anyway, in addition to my regular gas powered Stihl chainsaw, I have a nice Stihl pole saw for those hard to reach branches. But, this past year I bought two batter powered chainsaws. They don't have a lot of longevity, but they work GREAT for cutting branches up into kindling.

Pics or it didn't happen..

Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? AB4E2D4F-063C-405A-8570-24FF3781190B

After only reading your first line - those are the scariest looking tooth brushes I've ever seen.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Over the last few years, I’ve swapped out all yard tools, mower and even snow “thrower”. A neighbor asked to borrow gas a few months back and I had to tell him I don’t even have a gas can. Last Oct I got an Rad ebike, which has 1200mi on it so far. My wife just got a Rad ebike. I started a solar & battery project in Feb and am about a month away from that being installed. It’s a race between my MME GT PE being delivered and the solar install. Part of the solar install is the ChargePoint EV charger sitting in my garage for months and I spec’d out the solar for 2 EVs… eventually. Just waiting for it to all come together. I’d love an electric motorcycle in a few years.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Weed eater, blower, E riding mower. All so quiet that I can listen to my audio books or Padres while I get the work done

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
All Electric chage over with ego and electic power washer also.
mower,weedeater,leafblower,chainsaw,powerwasher,polesaw, to many to name all Electirc. Only thing we need gas for is my wifes car, just waiting for her to say she is down going to get gas next lol.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? 1629699218469

Ford Mustang Mach-E What else have you electrified? 1629699266072