What is the exact date of the HVBJB recall?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Come someone provide me with the exact date of the recall (link to the actual letter etc)? I thought it was dated Monday June 13 but my dealer just called me to tell me that although I purchased my car Sat June 11, his understanding is that it was dated June 11 even though it was made public on June 13 (I think). He is asking me to return the car so they can do the update. He said he is currently unable to have the order fully processed, get my permanent plates etc. He said they would refund my money, undo all the paperwork etc and redo once the recall is done. They have been very good to deal with so far--no issues with pricing etc (honored price protection, X-plan, etc). When I said I thought the date of the recall was June 13 he said I should see what I can find about it. He also said he hasn't been given any instructions from Ford yet on how to do the recall. Yikes.

Edit: I realize that the recall technically isn't called the HVBJB recall...
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I honestly can't blame the dealer here, they had no way of knowing given when Ford made them aware. I guess I'll return it and pick up when the recall is done. They did offer to come get it which is nice.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Thanks Rick, very helpful. Odd that the memo from Ford was dated June 13--I just remembered that it was posted by @DevSecOps on page 1 of that thread.
FYI - Rick has me ignored so referencing anything I post will likely confuse him.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI - Rick has me ignored so referencing anything I post will likely confuse him.
No problem, understood. Boy, crazy situation now. To be honest, I'd rather not undo all the paperwork and just hope this only takes a week or 2. Then again, that's a bit risky--if something happens to the car while it's out of my hands, better for the dealer to deal with it with their insurance etc. Then again, I guess it's no different from my just dropping the car off the recall except that it may take longer this way. Decisions, decisions...

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No problem, understood. Boy, crazy situation now. To be honest, I'd rather not undo all the paperwork and just hope this only takes a week or 2. Then again, that's a bit risky--if something happens to the car while it's out of my hands, better for the dealer to deal with it with their insurance etc. Then again, I guess it's no different from my just dropping the car off the recall except that it may take longer this way. Decisions, decisions...
Who did you finance with? If with FMC then perhaps all can be on hold, warranty and payments, until the car is delivered. Nothing is set in stone but my understanding is nothing will/can be done regarding the recall until at least mid-July so that is another month.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I personally would tell them to pound sand and not take it back. That's just me though. You probably *should* take it back but they already broke the law by selling it so they will pay the fine. I have no idea how they even managed to do that as warnings pop up everywhere saying they can't sell it....

It is no more risky to drive than anyone who bought a car before you. Same hardware same software.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Who did you finance with? If with FMC then perhaps all can be on hold, warranty and payments, until the car is delivered. Nothing is set in stone but my understanding is nothing will/can be done regarding the recall until at least mid-July so that is another month.
It has to legally not have happened. All dates have to be changed.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It has to legally not have happened. All dates have to be changed.
My understanding is the dealer can still sell the car - they just can’t deliver it. Why anyone would do that I would not know.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting development: got a call back from the sales manager who had been on with his Ford rep who was able to work this out. It's now in the Ford system, I get to keep the car, get my plates etc, and he told me as soon as the fix is available he'll get me in and out quickly. Nice.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Interesting development: got a call back from the sales manager who had been on with his Ford rep who was able to work this out. It's now in the Ford system, I get to keep the car, get my plates etc, and he told me as soon as the fix is available he'll get me in and out quickly. Nice.
That is a good thing since the fix will not be out for several weeks at the earliest (and could be a lot longer than that).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can you read what he writes because members can be more ignorant to other members then that here. Not only can they set it up for them not to see your posts but they can ban you from seeing theirs. What a shitty way of running a forum in my opinion. I know unless you are a member in some forms you can not see all info (download links etc.) but I have never been on a forum where you can not see info because you are a member and another member has decided what he posts is for everyone but you. Pretty gross and a disgusting thing what happens on this forum. Membership has it disadvantages here you need to log out to take full advantage of the information. @Administrator đź–• fix it.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Can you read what he writes
Yes I can. He doesn't have me 2 way ignored. I agree that 2 way shouldn't be allowed and can make for poor user experience. As for others ignoring me, I don't have issue with that so much. I can't make 80 year old men grow-up any more than they are.
Sponsored