Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone here know how far east in Pennsylvania the problem is? I tried to Google it, but no help. I have to drive there in my Explorer - too much cargo for the MME.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Didn't we just go through this with toilet paper?

We've become a nation of hoarders.
Sad, now folks will hoard fuel in their garages.

I told my son today, lucky that you have such a great dad, no gas station lines for you. He has my Nissan Leaf now. Has no idea what it's like to line up for something like gas, anyone remember the 80's fiasco? :(

Glad to be in the EV club.

PS - I am about to list on ebay my towel and toilet paper for sale, offing it here first, good prices.

:)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is not an issue for EV owners who charge at home.
Unless/until there's rolling blackouts.

Every fuel source has it's potential choke points.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well I hate filling of a car with gas. I have hated it for years. It is not about the carbon footprint or being clean. I just hate going to a gas stations and filling up my car. While owning my mach e reduces how often I have to put gas into a car it does not remove it. My wife has not filled up her car in over a year now nor do I expect that to change. I on the other hand will put gas in her car about once ever 1.5 weeks and have been for a while. She does even noticed the price of gas any longer.
At least now I am not filling up both cars with gas any longer. I just have to take care of hers ever so often when it gets low.
Filling up electricity at home overnight is great (compared to filling up gas at Costco).

But filling up gas in 3 minutes every 300 miles in the middle of a road trip is nice too (compared to filling up electricity in 30 minutes every 150 miles).

Pros and cons both ways.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The Pipeline in question mostly affects the Southeast. For supply, anyway. Price ripples spread much wider.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Who else is mad about gas? {filename}
Impact will be broader. There was already a shortage of tanker truck drivers. This will make the problem worse as more tankers move to replace the pipeline.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone here know how far east in Pennsylvania the problem is? I tried to Google it, but no help. I have to drive there in my Explorer - too much cargo for the MME.
I think some gas price checking sites might have that info.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the philly burbs, and so far there hasn't been any appreciable lines forming or price increases. I think Wawa gas price went up by 7 cents.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm in the philly burbs, and so far there hasn't been any appreciable lines forming or price increases. I think Wawa gas price went up by 7 cents.
I'll be within 50 miles of Ohio so I think I'm OK. I can't find anything about that area which I presume means no news is good news.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
"Who else is mad at selfish Americans"

There I fixed your title. This isn't a gas issue, just like it wasn't a toilet paper issue last year. It is too many Americans that instead of thinking how can I help, only think of "me, me, me"
Sponsored