Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In an interesting footnote, when my wife saw the pre-production prototype MachE this past weekend, she thought it was "cute". Words failed me at that point...
Oh great! That ruins it. What guy wants to be caught driving a "cute" car?
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
1. Appearance
2. Dealer repair network - this is the single biggest thing that turned me from Tesla. I think the closest Tesla repair is ~3 hours away. Now, I don't want the dealer for purchasing it, but that's another story.
3. Performance
4. I'm finally at a place financially where I can take the plunge

What I'd like to see:
1. Rear camera washer, or maybe an every camera washer. Living on a dirt road is rough.
2. More color options. I -really- like the grabber blue, but I can't have it and I'm sad.
3. A premium without a moonroof or at the very least a sunscreen for it. Maybe the tinting will surprise me.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Basically everything but the back quarter panel viewed at a 45 degree angle from front of the driver's or front passenger's door (MachE got this view right). From the minute I sat down it just felt luxurious. I've been wanting a true luxury EV ever since I first sat in my 2017 Bolt. Chevy finally acknowledged a basic seat upgrade was warranted in later models but there's still too much plastic.

I was used to EV acceleration and torque already. But the test drive clinched it. I was settled into the very comfortable seat and great driving position when there was a dual lane entrance ramp. The BMW X5 in the other lane and I hit the classic no you go first, no I'll go first speed up/slow down dilemma prior to the merge point. I said enough! I floored it and all I can say is 400HP of instant torque changes your expectations of what a car can be. Handling was excellent, not a hint of torque steer at all.

But as I said earlier, it feels like a car first and a computer second. There are single purpose buttons, knobs and controls enhanced by, but not replaced by technology. These all serve to allow the driver to feel in control of the awesome machine at their disposal and tweak the experience in a way that a computer screen can't. You see this in the Mini too. For instance, a tactile toggle switch (easy enough to implement in software) that changes the amount of regen instantly in the moment without fumbling through a screen or pre-configured "theme".

There are people who build cars and there are people who use technology, some other big name manufacturer's with their ICE's and Hybrids fit into this category, to entice you to their cars. Technology can be fine, but it needs to come second and be non-obtrusive. As a technology person myself, I'll probably buy the OTA update to enable the advanced technology in the MME, but it really is just sort of a check box thing to try it and know that if I wanted to ever use it, it's there. A novelty for me because honestly, self driving doesn't entice me. Why buy a car if you don't want to drive? If I didn't enjoy the driving experience (and its' freedom of course) I'd probably move to a location served by public transportation rather than rely on a personal autonomous vehicle.

Last edited:

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
1. Appearance
2. Dealer repair network - this is the single biggest thing that turned me from Tesla. I think the closest Tesla repair is ~3 hours away. Now, I don't want the dealer for purchasing it, but that's another story.
3. Performance
4. I'm finally at a place financially where I can take the plunge

What I'd like to see:
1. Rear camera washer, or maybe an every camera washer. Living on a dirt road is rough.
2. More color options. I -really- like the grabber blue, but I can't have it and I'm sad.
3. A premium without a moonroof or at the very least a sunscreen for it. Maybe the tinting will surprise me.
Tesla's service network is one of the reasons I want to sell mine. Completely agreed.

And yes, so many people seem to want interesting colors and yet Ford doesn't provide. I'm disappointed for everyone that can't get Grabber Blue now that the FEs are gone, and for everyone (including myself) that can't get Cyber Orange because they don't want a GT.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Relax, it WAS NOT cute. It had presence, even with mixed body color panels.

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I was looking for a non-Tesla AWD BEV. EQC has been delayed. I want to replace one of my BEV's with something that has AWD and a longer range.

I don't really know what's missing yet since I'm never seen one in person. Maybe dual regen paddles on the steering wheel with 5 levels of regen. Tow hitch. 12v in the Frunk. Cooled seats. Reduced HP and torque in Whisper or Valet mode. More range. Bigger sub-trunk. Fold-flat (forward not reclined) front seats for camping.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm a retired electrical engineer and want to own and drive an electric vehicle before I have to give up driving. Tesla's shop is over a hundred mile away. And, I have always driven Fords and the dealership is 9 miles away. Besides, the Mustang Mach-E is just plain exciting!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Basically everything but the back quarter panel viewed at a 45 degree angle from front of the driver's or front passenger's door (MachE got this view right). From the minute I sat down it just felt luxurious. I've been wanting a true luxury EV ever since I first sat in my 2017 Bolt. Chevy finally acknowledged a basic seat upgrade was warranted in later models but there's still too much plastic.

I was used to EV acceleration and torque already. But the test drive clinched it. I was settled into the very comfortable seat and great driving position when there was a dual lane entrance ramp. The BMW X5 in the other lane and I hit the classic no you go first, no I'll go first speed up/slow down dilemma prior to the merge point. I said enough! I floored it and all I can say is 400HP of instant torque changes your expectations of what a car can be. Handling was excellent, not a hint of torque steer at all.

But as I said earlier, it feels like a car first and a computer second. There are people who build cars and there are people who use technology, some other big name manufacturer's with their ICE's and Hybrids fit into this category, to entice you to their cars. Technology can be fine, but it needs to come second and be non-obtrusive. As a technology person myself, I'll probably buy the OTA update to enable the advanced technology in the MME, but it really is just sort of a check box thing to try it and know that if I wanted to ever use it, it's there. A novelty for me because honestly, self driving doesn't entice me. Why buy a car if you don't want to drive? If I didn't enjoy the driving experience (and its' freedom of course) I'd probably move to a location served by public transportation rather than rely on a personal autonomous vehicle.
I don’t buy cars because I like to drive. I buy them because I need to get around and go to different places. Not everyone can live near public transportation. If semi-autonomous can help the experience of “driving”, then sign me up. I personally hate driving.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I had wanted a BEV for my last car but life got in the way. I have been driving Fords for over 20 years. I like the reliability. As an insurance agent I have dealt with Tesla claims and they take forever to get parts. I haven’t had that kind of experience with Ford. Ford is just a good solid reliable company.
The Mach E hits all the buttons for me and then some. I like the SUV style because my last 3 vehicles have been Ford SUVs and I am comfortable in them. I wanted more fuel efficiency for the planet. I love all the luxury touches.
I love the extra spot to put my purse down where it’s still in reach.
I like the spot to put my phone. I really love the tech. I have always liked the idea of the big screen for all the tech features and I am impressed that we can personalize it to suit us.
I do wish I had a sun shade for the glass roof, and more interior lighting options. I would also like different driving options other than Unbridled and the other two. Maybe further along that will come. I think I want a hitch, but I don’t think it will help range. So I am on the fence About that.

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
I have had a 40kw Nissan Leaf for almost 3 years now, before the leaf I had 3 consecutive Infiniti Q70’s wanted to go fully electric but at the time nothing was close to the performance I was used to, the Leaf seemed the best option for me for range
legacy car makers were not pulling there weight until Ford finally came up the car I’ve been waiting for,
Ford have blown me away with the Mach E, always been 1 car family and even though I loved Mustangs could never manage with a 2 door sports car as it was too small,
From uk so got to wait a little longer than you guys
Only 1 think missing for me is front vented/cooled seats, but considering I’ve been driving a Leaf it’s all upgrade for me
Don’t get me wrong the Leaf if you accept for what it is it’s been a great car

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
List your reasons here, also what are few things you wish the Mache did have.
keep it short and sweet.

I will start. I work For ford, show up in a non-ford well you get the picture lol.

what I wish the mache had?........................ Auto rear seats recline, moon roof shade visor.
I wanted a Tesla Model S, but couldn't afford a new one with everything that I wanted, so when I started to research alternatives I found the Mach E and really fell in love with the concept, the look, the tech, the performance, the list goes on and on. I was an early adopter for the hybrid Camry and pretty much drove it until the wheels fell off and was able to sell it earlier this year. I'm really excited to go full BEV.

What I wish it had was the air-conditioned seats to go with the heated seats, my sister's Expedition has those and they are pretty awesome. I'd also like the top speed to not be limited to 111 mph, because I wanna go fast.

I think it would be really cool if it could come and find me in a parking lot like the Tesla's do with summon mode or whatever they call it.

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
I need a new car and my criteria are:
* EV
* Fits a 6'3 person in the back seat
* Under 60K
* Available soon

The Mach E is the only car that meets those requirements. It doesn't hurt that it seems pretty awesome as well.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I've known for a few years that I wanted to go full electric. When I was first looking around, the only game in town was Tesla. While I appreciate their tech as incredibly impressive, I have always been wary of their fit and finish, lack of build quality and service network. I have two friends who leased (they just returned them) a pair of Model X's and they were constantly being worked on. It wasn't the drivetrain, it was the fact that the roof leaked, or the whole thing creaked because of poor workmanship. I wanted something else. (I'm not even going to comment on the actions of the owner that leave me from ever wanting to give that man any money)

I started looking again seriously this year and actually had put down a deposit on a VW ID.4 the night it was revealed. Being a VW guy, I kind of got wrapped up in the excitement. I'd always kept the Mach E in the back of my mind and even configured it a few times without ever pulling the trigger on a reservation. Just today I finally decided the ID.4 isn't exciting enough for me. It looks too mom-ish for my tastes. I like cars and I need a little excitement in my vehicles. The ID.4 didn't really capture excitement, the more I looked at it and looked into it. It will be a great EV for the masses, but its not the right EV for me.

So, quite literally today I cancelled my ID.4 reservation and put a reservation on a Cyber Orange GT. The looks, the tech, the speed, the interior... all of it checks a lot of right buttons for me. It will have a well established service network and Ford have been building cars for a very long time, so I'm sure their fit and finish will be worlds better than Tesla.

What do I wish it would have? Two things. I wish the GT had the wheels shown in the reveal instead of the ones on the website and I wish the GT had a panoramic roof.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I started looking again seriously this year and actually had put down a deposit on a VW ID.4 the night it was revealed. Being a VW guy, I kind of got wrapped up in the excitement. I'd always kept the Mach E in the back of my mind and even configured it a few times without ever pulling the trigger on a reservation. Just today I finally decided the ID.4 isn't exciting enough for me. It looks too mom-ish for my tastes. I like cars and I need a little excitement in my vehicles. The ID.4 didn't really capture excitement, the more I looked at it and looked into it. It will be a great EV for the masses, but its not the right EV for me.
Yup, similar here but in reverse. I had a Mach-E First Edition on order, but when the ID.4 came out, the pricing and free EA charging really stood out, so since their reservations were only $100 I grabbed one of the 1st Editions. I don't really think I'm gonna go do anything with it because you're right, it's just not exciting. Even if the value is there, it's just boring.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One that also wants a happy marriage. Happy Wife, Happy Life!
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK