TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thought I'd start a thread for items that we wish Ford would change/improve in future updates. This isn't for reporting things that are not working right, but rather things that could be designed better, or added as an enhancement.

I'll start it off with the heated seat interaction on the screen. It's way cuter than it needs to be, to the point of being a bit cumbersome. There's only 4 setpoints (OFF-1-2-3). There's no need for that slide bar when there's so few choices. You have to touch multiple spots on the screen (not always easy when driving), and it's not always easy to land on the spot you want.

It would be much better if changed to the same as the AUTO (Climate) button that has the 3 dots on it. Just touch one spot to cycle between OFF-1-2-3.
Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Thought I'd start a thread for items that we wish Ford would change/improve in future updates. This isn't for reporting things that are not working right, but rather things that could be designed better, or added as an enhancement.

I'll start it off with the heated seat interaction on the screen. It's way cuter than it needs to be, to the point of being a bit cumbersome. There's only 4 setpoints (OFF-1-2-3). There's no need for that slide bar when there's so few choices. You have to touch multiple spots on the screen (not always easy when driving), and it's not always easy to land on the spot you want.

It would be much better if changed to the same as the AUTO (Climate) button that has the 3 dots on it. Just touch one spot to cycle between OFF-1-2-3.
I second that.

Also, I have a very important one...MORE POWER!:p Seriously, an OTA in the next couple of months that either adds a temporary “Boost mode” or just added standard horsepower would be fun.
I’m buying this car not because it’s electric, but because it’s fun to drive and could become even more.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Great idea Tim. I’ll add to this list once I get my car. :)

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's two more, both involving the Walkaway Lock.

Change the sound from the annoying horn beep to a gentler chirp. Or add an option for either choice (OFF-CHIRP-HORN). The horn is way too loud and obnoxious, especially in a garage.

And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.
I don't have a car yet so I don't know. Does it actually unlock the car, or does it just allow the button to work?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I don't have a car yet so I don't know. Does it actually unlock the car, or does it just allow the button to work?
No unlocking unless you press the button. At least for me i have to still press the round circle and it opens.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
No unlocking unless you press the button. At least for me i have to still press the round circle and it opens.
I know it won't push the door open without pushing the button. But I didn't know if there was a traditional lock/unlock mechanism. I assume even in older cars, locking just means disabling the handle as opposed to latching something else to prevent it from opening. I'm just guessing though.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would want the ability to set battery charge limits and schedules to be setup irrespective of whether the vehicle is connected to a charger. Right now, you need to connect to a charger and that charger has to be recognized (which is a problem in itself as Fordpass does not recognize the connection when it sleeps and we have to wake it up) before you can change any schedules or charge rates.

Also ability to precondition without being connected to a charger. Sure you can have battery limits and say sorry cant precondition as your battery is at 5% etc,. that will be fine.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I know it won't push the door open without pushing the button. But I didn't know if there was a traditional lock/unlock mechanism. I assume even in older cars, locking just means disabling the handle as opposed to latching something else to prevent it from opening. I'm just guessing though.
Ok get it - I am not sure but its not a traditional lock mechanism and more of a latch.. If you read another thread about unable to close the door - you will see that latching or you could call it a type of locking mechanism.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
- More trips log detail. Should be able to see each trip and all it's stats.
- propulsion sound volume
- remove rounded corners on carplay (though this is probably coming from Apple)
- show real-time regen amount while braking in 1PD

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I actually want propulsion sound to be a little louder. Even in unbridled I can only hear it if I step on the accelerator and I can’t KEEP doing that unless I want a ticket

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not the locks themselves, but I think the mirrors might be. I'll have to go look. Something is physically clicking/whirring each time, as well as the lights (no big deal on those).

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The cameras are great, but they don't automatically come on the screen nearly often enough. It feels like a wasted great resource. And like most things on the screen, it's too cumbersome to have to reach over and go through menus for something you need in 2 seconds.

They come on automatically when you put the car in Reverse, which is fine. And when you get close enough to something that the parking proximity detectors kick in. But that's only like within 12" or so. Most of the time those don't even kick in when pulling into a park spot, or your garage. But the camera (especially the 360) would be GREAT to have on the screen as soon as you start to pull into a parking spot (to see the lines for centering, and any cars around you). Also as soon as you enter your garage so you can better see the obstacles around you, and the edge of the slab behind you for seeing where to stop for garage door clearance.

I wish there were an optional setting to automatically activate the camera screen when proximity sensors detect any object within 10 feet (while the car is in Drive).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I think that volume knob could be multi function. Touch the heated seat control and then the volume knob would cycle up or down through the settings. Same for temp, fan speed and anything else that has a slider control.
Sponsored