roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Traded our 2019 Ford Expedition for the 2022 Mach E and couldn’t be happier. One screen reset so far fingers crossed we don’t have anymore issues. The Expedition had multiple build quality issues with panel gaps the main problem. We had multiple recalls including cam phaser and transmission problems. No car is perfect no matter what the internet says. :)

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I am blessed with a Job 2 GT built in July 2021. Absolutly love it. No problems requiring dealer intervention. I have owned many other performance cars and this is without a doubt my favorite car ever. The overall experience is just fantatsic. Ford did an outstaning job on their first BEV.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I worry I will experience some of these problems. I also identify that there are plenty of users that posted already and are happy with their purchase. But the people who have problems usually get more attention in their threads. Mine is shipping to me now. What are the odds something is wrong with mine when it comes?
Many, if not all, went through this phase while waiting for their car and reading the forum. I definitely had these worries, and even now, after 7 months of pretty much worry-free ownership still have some doubts that I will not be the next reporting "stop safely now" problem.

But life is not fair, what are the odds that something bad will happen at some point? I'd say about 100%, but still it's not a reason not to enjoy it until it happens.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm not going to tell you whether you should buy the car or not, but I will give you a little perspective. There are 12,000 members on this site. You've seen a tiny fraction of that number experience serious issues, and an even tinier portion sell their cars.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I 100% have the issue where I am missing 2 anchor points in the trunk. :)

I did find those fabric loops someone else shared for their trunk net use.

Yes, there will be issues.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I've been seeing a lot of threads recently about people selling their Mach-E's and with a list of issues. Their post seem to be more and more frequent and come up in the 'Latest post' list. Their issues within the list they make are sometimes valid, sometimes not. I worry I will experience some of these problems. I also identify that there are plenty of users that posted already and are happy with their purchase. But the people who have problems usually get more attention in their threads. Mine is shipping to me now. What are the odds something is wrong with mine when it comes?
4000+ miles and zero issues. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the car.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
This is real simple: The good far outweighs the bad. Ford is standing by this car.

Alan UK

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD Long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've had mine a year and done 18,000. There are minor things I don't like but they are not faults, mostly I love it. I had one issue which was one of the rear door buttons would not lock/unlock the car - it would open the door OK if the car was unlocked. It was fixed along with a bunch of things I hadn't even noticed when I took the car in for a software upgrade.

Main thing I don't like is it makes too many noises, bing bong bing I pressed start, bong bong bong I switched off, Biddly diddly dee I opened the trunk, dedadeda I closed the trunk, Beedle beedle beedle I'm in reverse and a car moved at the other side of the car park. DIng dong Check rear seats for passengers (?!) And on and on. I just don't need this level of ding dong.

Oh and you'll need to learn where the "lane keeping off" button is, Its on by default and you press it twice to switch it off. Every time you get started. You really only want it on the highway.

I'd also suggest using "Untamed" ("Unbridled" in the US) I know it sounds a bit embarrassing - it doesn't make the car faster or less efficient - but it does make all the controls sharper and more responsive.

OP
OP

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
Main thing I don't like is it makes too many noises, bing bong bing I pressed start, bong bong bong I switched off, Biddly diddly dee I opened the trunk, dedadeda I closed the trunk, Beedle beedle beedle I'm in reverse and a car moved at the other side of the car park. DIng dong Check rear seats for passengers (?!) And on and on. I just don't need this level of ding dong.
I read this out loud to my office, m8s. We all died laughing.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's a big purchase, I have a 2021 MME Premium AWD extended battery and it has had a few minor issues mostly related to the fact it was a very early build (February 2021)

It's my favorite car I have ever owned

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I've had mine a year and done 18,000. There are minor things I don't like but they are not faults, mostly I love it. I had one issue which was one of the rear door buttons would not lock/unlock the car - it would open the door OK if the car was unlocked. It was fixed along with a bunch of things I hadn't even noticed when I took the car in for a software upgrade.

Oh and you'll need to learn where the "lane keeping off" button is, Its on by default and you press it twice to switch it off. Every time you get started. You really only want it on the highway.

I'd also suggest using "Untamed" ("Unbridled" in the US) I know it sounds a bit embarrassing - it doesn't make the car faster or less efficient - but it does make all the controls sharper and more responsive.
TIL people will complain about anything and everything.

/s, this isn't my first day on the internet 🤪

AmandaOKC

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mach E
Country flag
I got my First Edition Jan 2021. I have had zero issues with it. I am taking it in this week to get the roof recall taken care of. That has been the only thing I have had to deal with, I would not consider that an "issue", recalls are a normal part of a car ownership.... stuff gets recalled on all vehicles. I have been 100% happy with my car. It is fun to drive and easy to take care of. I will probably drive it to death like I have all my other vehicles.
Sponsored