Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
People give Ford a lot of grief for the app and much of it is warranted, but this is a GREAT addition. It's something I've mentioned in every EA survey, so hopefully it shows they're listening to and incorporating feedback as well.

Curious to see if this lets me see charge rate for my Escape PHEV as well.
Agreed this update is a big one. And for me its more convienet they put it on the phone vs in the car. I could see for the first time in 8 years that my home EVSE charges at 7kw, I mean thats what it said when I got it, but nice to confirm.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The securialert section is missing from safety and security tab
SecuriAlert has disappeared for me as well. The safety and security tab is completely gone with this update.

Also, I noticed there is a hidden subscription on my connected services for "Guard Mode".
Could be them moving that into a subscription?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 1679661746473

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But if it's not plugged in, you can't do a damn thing until it starts charging
I want you to think about that sentence 🤔

It’s not convenient but you can alter your charge location preference without being plugged in. Chose ‘Charge when plugged in’ and the car will ignore your schedule.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 1679661746473
Or plug the car in and THEN select "charge now"

Nope. This is a job 1 issue.
Jim, when I got the windshield and roof recall done I complained about the doors not always waking up and asked them to install the available updates. They did so, and now I can open the frunk from the keypad and the lightning keyfob I bought.

snowfreak

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD - Cyber Orange
Country flag
I want you to think about that sentence 🤔
this was my thought too - am I missing something? Are they expecting a “charge now” functionality to show when the car isn’t physically plugged in? When it IS plugged in, it is there… I don’t get the issue.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The securialert section is missing from safety and security tab
if you have Apple mine is showing it fact it turned it on. Maybe reboot your phone. I had to do that to get the new icon to stay on.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
The charge rate shows up in fordpass for me, but the value is nonsense, at least when doing AC charging at work. The charge rate and its implied estimated finish time are off from the app-displayed estimated finish time by a factor of five. The estimated finish time remains modestly off from the true finish time. I can calculate these quantities more accurately in my head merely by knowing the current printed on the charge unit head, and my state of charge. I'm optimistically looking forward to the next update; this should not be hard to fix.

[edit: Is it possible that fordpass only derives the charge rate once, as the session begins? My work charge system takes a few minutes to ramp up the current to 32 A. As is the case in almost all consumer goods nowadays, there is no documentation that specifies product behavior, so I don't know if Ford even intends to continuously update the charge rate.]

[edit 2: This week at work fordpass is displaying the correct charge rate in kW, so maybe something rebooted. It had already been working correctly at home.]

Last edited:

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
[edit: Is it possible that fordpass only derives the charge rate once, as the session begins? My work charge system takes a few minutes to ramp up the current to 32 A. As is the case in almost all consumer goods nowadays, there is no documentation that specifies product behavior, so I don't know if Ford even intends to continuously update the charge rate.]
I saw it ramp up.

Displayed 1kW then 3kW then 4kW.

At that point my car was already nearly full so soon after it was charged. I charge at 24a so 5.76kW max, I expect to see either 4kW or 5kW max depending on charging loss and rounding.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
SecuriAlert has disappeared for me as well. The safety and security tab is completely gone with this update.

Also, I noticed there is a hidden subscription on my connected services for "Guard Mode".
Could be them moving that into a subscription?
I vaguely remember someone saying that ford was going to try charging for secure alert at some point. I’m not sure how they expect to make money on that subscription.

Unless Guard Mode has more functionality, like Teslas Sentry Mode. THAT I would pay for.