Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey I’m in the Chicago suburbs too! Which dealer did you go through? I think your status means it’s getting ready to leave kc
Hey Ricky,

Yep, showed up the next day, River View in Oswego....... Incredible car.......
Sponsored

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
I think that our cars were on the same train, and mine is coming to PA as well (Harrisburg.) According to Ford's website, my anticipated delivery date was between 10/24 and 11/2 so I don't really trust anything by Ford.

I hope that yours arrives soon!
Any luck/word about your car? Nothing on my end…

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Nothing at all. I am selling my current car tomorrow, so I sure hope that the MME arrives within about a week!
I’m in the same boat. I have a private buyer offering me a few thousand over blue book for my Macan S. I keep crossing my fingers he doesn’t get cold feet from the wait. ?

ChuckSchick26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME (I hope!)
Country flag
Yes, definitely do that. I wonder why the Ford site says it has been delivered but the dealer says it has not. Or is that an estimated delivery date? If it is the delivered date, it seems suspicious to me. Do you have a trustworthy dealer? Not all are. It is possible they got the car in and sold it to someone else. Others have reported that happening, especially if you are not the original order holder.
Hi, thanks for the note. The dealer has been trustworthy and stood behind all of the details of the deal so far and been very responsive. I never got the actual Vehicle status report. However, earlier today they shared that the inventory manager contacted Ford back in the beginning of November after the car wasn't delivered but their Status Report report says it was. (Apparently, it still shows the same incorrect info.) Ford helped tracked down the car and found it was sitting in Texas. There was no mention of a chip hold or anything. Ford got things moving again and now car is supposed to reach Richmond, CA on 11/26. From there it will be transported by car carrier to dealer for the first week of December. They said won't know when it gets to Richmond until they are notified that transport is needed from train to dealer.

As for the delivery date data, Final Delivered Date shows as "October 28, 2021" and the really weird thing is that the ETA End Date field shows "January 1, 1980."

I don't get much help using the other links in this thread for proof of life (possibly from my lack of understanding):

Ford Etis link - Shows two Electronic Control Units VDM & HCM as "null" and LastChecked date as "01-01-1970." All of the others listed show installed and last checked as 16-08-2021 which is also the Production Date.

Ford Service Info - Used this to see if modules were turned on (as far as my understanding of this stuff goes!) and I only see a huge list under BCM and no other module info, so not really sure what this all means.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 🧭  Mach-E Build & Tracking Links progress-1123

I've been tracking my car via Norfolk Southern since last Friday. It's progressed along the green line in the image. If it were to continue via rail to Ayer, MA, where Norfolk Southern has a terminal, it would follow the yellow line.

So far, here's it's progress:
  1. 11/19 Kingsville, OH
  2. 11/20 Girard, PA, 9:48am
  3. 11/21 Buffalo Bison, NY 12:57pm
  4. 11/22 Dale, NY 10:48am
  5. 11/22 Intermediate arrival, Corning, NY 1:12pm
  6. 11/22 Intermediate arrival, Waverly, NY 3:00pm

I've checked several times today, but yesterday afternoon's scan, in Waverly NY at 3:00pm is still being reported.

Does this mean that the car is still sitting on the flat bed rail car?

Might it have been moved to a different rail car, resulting in the one I was tracking being now stationary?

Does anyone have any insight on typical intermodal procedures?

Reactions: OWG

Chargernc

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE premium, Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Midwife
Country flag
Is there a way to tell if your car is on a train out of Mexico when you have a production date and ETA? It appears some others in the 10/18 build thread had their cars built the same day and received build and shipped notices but I have received neither. My modules all populate and I have an ETA of 12/29-1/4? I also had the activate button show up in the FP app. I feel like I am in the Mach-e twilight zone!!

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Is there a way to tell if your car is on a train out of Mexico when you have a production date and ETA? It appears some others in the 10/18 build thread had their cars built the same day and received build and shipped notices but I have received neither. My modules all populate and I have an ETA of 12/29-1/4? I also had the activate button show up in the FP app. I feel like I am in the Mach-e twilight zone!!
So like many of us you'll be getting a 2021 Mach e in 2022 !
Where's the last year models discount Ford ?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The VVR usually will contain the information you need to determine it has left Mexico. In fact, I have yet to see anyone post a VVR that was wrong about that. The next VVR update is usually arrival in KC (but not always, mine was shipped on a ocean vessel). Updates from there are not consistent and you might not know anything until it arrives at the dealer. Fun! The good news is *usually* it takes 10 days or less to get to the dealer after departure from KC. Usually. Hopefully yours will not be one of the exceptions.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just posted on the Blue Oval Forum:
Next week 11/29, Ford will schedule Mach E production for the weeks of 1/17/22, 1/24/22. and 1/31/22.
Well, maybe some of our early 2022 orders will get a production date.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Just posted on the Blue Oval Forum:
Next week 11/29, Ford will schedule Mach E production for the weeks of 1/17/22, 1/24/22. and 1/31/22.
Well, maybe some of our early 2022 orders will get a production date.

Don't hold your breath !

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
I’m in the exact same boat! Build date and eta date says 12/15…. Activation showed up on the app and now the picture showed up as well. Just wish I knew where the car was

TargaGone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Crosstrek, 2018 Impeza wagon, 2022 Tucson Hyb
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Cross post from the 10/18 build week gang thread - we are tracking our 'example' railcar.

I believe I found the location where the Mach E's arrive on KSC for transfer in Kansas City from Mexico. It is a former Air Force base called Richards Gebaur closed in 1994. Poke around on Google Maps starting here (or click on the picture below) and see if you agree. The south end of the old airfield seems to have been, and of course may still be, the Mach E staging area. I can not figure out the date of the imagery. There are a few "Schneider Drop Yards" scattered around the country including one in an area further north in Kansas City with MANY vehicles- likely serving cross country transports.

No updates on railcar AOK 502749 since 11/27 at 2:09 PM - at Pittsburg KS - 110 miles south of this transfer yard.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 🧭  Mach-E Build & Tracking Links progress-1123

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
The VVR usually will contain the information you need to determine it has left Mexico. In fact, I have yet to see anyone post a VVR that was wrong about that. The next VVR update is usually arrival in KC (but not always, mine was shipped on a ocean vessel). Updates from there are not consistent and you might not know anything until it arrives at the dealer. Fun! The good news is *usually* it takes 10 days or less to get to the dealer after departure from KC. Usually. Hopefully yours will not be one of the exceptions.
Does anyone know if the railcar used when leaving Cuautitlán via KCS will be the same railcar headed out of KC on either CSX or UP, i.e. are they possibly batching deliveries to states to minimize one by one transfers in KC? I've been assuming not, but according to KCS, the railcar my MME is/was on arrived in Kansas City around Halloween, but there's been no VVR updates since 19 Oct., and Palsapp continues to show pending. Really frustrating. The Order Tracker was giving a Nov. 5 ETA and we're now 3 weeks on since then with absolute info blackout during this interval.
Sponsored