07/25/22 Build week chat

Kedarkiran2

First Name
KB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Got this email from Ford today.. Gosh it's so frustrating.

"We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of July 25, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.

We'll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding."

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
I just got that email:

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Mustang Mach-E GT order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of July 25, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.
This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.​
Ugh.

awiseman5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
ridiculous, i just received the same message. you knew that there was going to be a group of us that didn't make it out before the shut down.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I got the same message, but earlier this week Ford chat and my dealer both informed me of a late August delivery. I’m not sure what to make of it.

Tech607

First Name
Where's My Car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Shadow Black AWD
Occupation
Production date 6/27/2022
Country flag
I just got the same sorry message from Ford. Man they are pushing me to just buy another Audi and be done with this forever waiting. You think since they have so many people waiting that they would make some shipping exception and get these vehicles out to customers. If this online ordering is the future of Ford then I am out! I hate to say it but this is too ridiculous.

Mandragon

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium Mach-E
Country flag
Came to mention I got the Ford email…same one everyone seems to have received. Lol.

I did reach out to my dealer yesterday and they said approx mid September but it seems they have the same, minimal, information I have.

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
According to Ford chat mine is still in production, but delivery is still 9/3 - 9/9. I hope that's correct.

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
From Ford chat, for those of you that actually got built. Sorry everyone else!

I see status as In Transit , Arrived at Junction Point, Location: Lecheria, EM, ETA Aug 26th- Sept 1st

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
I'm build 7190 249/330 - got a production date on 7/27 and had modules show up - since then twice when I have gone to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking and entered info it came back with nothing - the second time was just a few minutes ago. Other times showed up as in production. Never got email from Ford about going into production. Ford Chat says "in production" and estimated delivery of 9/6/2022 (6 days shy of a year since initial order). Got this info twice.
Have not tried to contact the dealer.

Will reach out to dealer to see if the dealer tracking system has different info than chat's tracking system or ford.com or https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking.

Sure wish they would populate the build date in a transparent manner.

johnh...
Have not heard back from dealer but did get the unexpected message from Ford:
====
We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Mustang Mach-E Premium order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of July 25, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.
====
There was one other user on this group with primum eAWD extended battery batch 7190 250/330 (one after my number) which has been built and I believe shipped.

I got modules on 7/27 - not sure what "supply chain challenges" they are having now.

Looks like I will be over a year of waiting - I assume the ETA at dealer of 9/6/2022 is "no longer operative". Ordered 9/12/2021 switched to 2022 10/3/2021.

johnh...

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There was one other user on this group with primum eAWD extended battery batch 7190 250/330 (one after my number) which has been built and I believe shipped.
That’s me. Same spec as yours, I think, and red as well.

I also got the email everyone else did. I’m not sure what to believe. Ford’s website still shows in production. Ford chat told me EDD of 8/17. My dealer, who called me back yesterday, said that he can see it’s built but that it could still be a month or two (he had a Bronco built in April that wasn’t delivered until a few weeks ago). Any time between now and November wouldn’t surprise me; Nov 12th will be a year. The timeline that was provided when I ordered, 26 weeks, was end of May. I’m super excited to get the car but these delays are really souring the experience.

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
That’s me. Same spec as yours, I think, and red as well.

I also got the email everyone else did. I’m not sure what to believe. Ford’s website still shows in production. Ford chat told me EDD of 8/17. My dealer, who called me back yesterday, said that he can see it’s built but that it could still be a month or two (he had a Bronco built in April that wasn’t delivered until a few weeks ago). Any time between now and November wouldn’t surprise me; Nov 12th will be a year. The timeline that was provided when I ordered, 26 weeks, was end of May. I’m super excited to get the car but these delays are really souring the experience.
i have grabber blue and grey interior.
Maybe a supply chain issue with grabber blue?

The email is generic and states "We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it." - if yours is built that statement is not applicable.

Having 4 different places where status is posted and not keeping these in sync certainly causes confusion.

Here are the places where one can get info on status that I am aware of:

Dealer with Ford VVR - seems to have the most current information - according to others some will not share info or take time to lookup (or may not know how to) look up status on this system.

Ford Chat - provided me with a single date of ETA. at the dealer

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking - seems to have similar info to ford.com - currently no build, eta - seems most who have eta have a range of dates.

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId= - seems similar to shop.ford.com - though sometimes these two seem to be out of sync.

The modules show up at:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt - which seemed to be the first indication things are starting - many had a short time between seeing modules and built status - mine has been over 10 days and counting.

johnh...

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.mustangsbymike.com
Vehicles
2014 F350 LB Platinum 2001 Bullitt 2022 MME Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I too received the message from Ford, however I received this from the Dealer the previous day;

It looks like Ford is anticipating early Sept. It’s built and ready to ship. ETA 9/01

I then checked Ford chat yesterday and they confirmed it was built and an ETA 0f 8/29-9/04.

Then last night received this'

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Mustang Mach-E Premium order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of July 25, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding

My modules were turned on 7/30, but due to shutdown I couldn't see anything further. I am batch 7254 309/660

I'm confused! I am going to reach out to the dealer today and see if they can clarify what is going on.

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.mustangsbymike.com
Vehicles
2014 F350 LB Platinum 2001 Bullitt 2022 MME Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here my dealer response;

I’m not sure why Ford sent you that email. It still shows the same info in both systems that we use to track vehicles. I’s built and waiting to be shipped.

Kedarkiran2

First Name
KB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
I had a word with Ford chat about the status and this is what she said

"Your order status shows its still in production, but its completed production in our Ford Cuautitlan Assembly Plant, Mexico. Your current ETA for delivery is 08/22-08/28."

I asked her whether she had any idea if the plant shut down causes any delays and she said to contact the dealer if they had any update regarding the same as she doesn't see any change in ETA caused by shutdown.
Sponsored