David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
actually - i had just been assuming that the 2023 MME was eligible for the old credit, but it seems the 2023 MME is not even on the list of cars eligible for the new credit. since the feds probably assume the 2023 model falls under the new tax credit rules, it's hard to know if they will give any guidance on how to claim this car under the old credit. i had assumed that if the 2022 MME was eligible then the 2023 would be, but apparently the new credit has some kinks around the battery and where it was manufactured.
The credit has nothing to do with the Model Year of the car. It is purely based on when the car enters service. The reason the 2023MY MME is not on the list of cars is simply because it hasn’t been released for sale, yet. Not even listed on the EPA’s fueleconomy.gov website.
Sponsored

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
The credit has nothing to do with the Model Year of the car. It is purely based on when the car enters service. The reason the 2023MY MME is not on the list of cars is simply because it hasn’t been released for sale, yet. Not even listed on the EPA’s fueleconomy.gov website.
it might though, at least respect to the new credit, because as i understand it the feds are going to have new rules about what cars/batteries are eligible based on where they were manufactured.

i agree that it should be hunky dory for the old credit; it is just somewhat disconcerting that the car is not on the list. hopefully as you say this is just because it is new and not about where the battery is built.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
it might though, at least respect to the new credit, because as i understand it the feds are going to have new rules about what cars/batteries are eligible based on where they were manufactured.

i agree that it should be hunky dory for the old credit; it is just somewhat disconcerting that the car is not on the list. hopefully as you say this is just because it is new and not about where the battery is built.
Some of those rules, like where it is assembled, are already in place and being enforced. That's why the Toyota Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime, or the Korea twins no longer qualify, despite being 2022 models that did qualify prior to August 16th. It's the purchase (in-service) date that is the key here. If someone gets a 2023 MME before December 31st, 2022, it will qualify for the existing $7500 credit.

Last edited:

Macheeeee

First Name
Shaheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 23 models will be eligible for the California Clean Vehicle Rebate?

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
Any 11/7 peeps get their window sticker yet? Mine still is unavailable.

Penumbra

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e premium ER RWD ordered
Country flag
Any 11/7 peeps get their window sticker yet? Mine still is unavailable.
Probably not until late next week for me. Build date 11/11, delivery ETA 11/30-12/6.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Me thinks 1031 will be pushed to 11/7 and we'll be rolled to 21 since they still have not ended 2022 MY

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Me thinks 1031 will be pushed to 11/7 and we'll be rolled to 21 since they still have not ended 2022 MY
didn't they push all the 2023MY from 10/31 to 11/3 already? and then after doing that they rolled the first batch of delays? this was a few weeks ago

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
Probably not until late next week for me. Build date 11/11, delivery ETA 11/30-12/6.
How are people getting ETA's? I use chat and they just say it's not available until it's actually In transit? And I still do not have a Window Sticker yet. My build week still lists 11/7 which I would find it hard to think they would suddenly push everyone another week if they still haven't finished 22's.

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For those who ordered from Walnut Creek and would like to try to get the tax credit and is ok with a 2022, call up your salesman and ask to be placed on the wait list for cancelled ‘22 orders. They have a very reasonable allocation process. As long as you are not super picky about trim/color you have a good shot of getting one. And you save 3-8.5k in the process. Unlike most dealers They dont sell canceled orders over MSRP.

Given how long the deliveries for all the other MMEs destined for california have taken, i highly doubt the’23s will arrive before end of the year.