GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Seriously, what focus group told Ford "we want an off-road version of the Mach-E that will never actually see any off-roading"?

And that's being charitable, this isn't even an off-road vehicle. It's a "rally"...who the fuck has anywhere to rally a car? Some off-road trails, sure, but that's for rock-crawlers and water-waders like Broncos and Wranglers, etc. Who is flying around turns on these dirt roads and trails? I don't know about you, but I don't have a "closed course - do not attempt" near me lol
Gimmicks. They will soon find out.
Sponsored

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So whats that do to pricing for a 23 GTPE that has been sitting on lots for a year?
I got my 23 GT month and a half ago for 53 five I don’t know how much they’re gonna be coming down if at all, it was 64 sticker.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
What door are you going out that ends up $10k more than the sticker price?!?!? BTW, there is no PE for 2024.
$1000 in fees
$5500 in tax (10%)
$1800 destination fee
$500 charger

$10k isn't far off.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
I would also like to add this does not say the PE feature is included in the regular GT trim. I would be interested to see if it's included or still a $5000 package here in the USA. The performance boost for the GT is also not acknowledged details will come.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/industry-news/2024-ford-mach-e-price-cut-by-up-to-6-000

Screenshot_2024-03-26-08-09-28-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
It's already been confirmed regular GT will come standard with performance seats and magnaride. Cant see how coming standard would be an add-on on the sticker. But could be maybe?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Seriously, what focus group told Ford "we want an off-road version of the Mach-E that will never actually see any off-roading"?

And that's being charitable, this isn't even an off-road vehicle. It's a "rally"...who the fuck has anywhere to rally a car? Some off-road trails, sure, but that's for rock-crawlers and water-waders like Broncos and Wranglers, etc. Who is flying around turns on these dirt roads and trails? I don't know about you, but I don't have a "closed course - do not attempt" near me lol
I'm holding out for the Metal Militia version by FOX! with .05 more suspension travel and 17 inch wheels!

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's already been confirmed regular GT will come standard with performance seats and magnaride. Cant see how coming standard would be an add-on on the sticker. But could be maybe?
Yes and no, it's been that way everywhere except the USA. And although we did see it in Ford documents I could not determine what country whey were for. It's possible people have jumped to conclusions.

I am waiting to see.

Last edited:

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Yep. Between the price cut, the rebate and dealer incentive, a new ‘23 GTPE cost just slightly less than I paid for my ‘22 Premium SR RWD! Then when you add in the fact that they’re offering 0.99% interest on a 4 yr lease with a surprisingly high residual…well…

The only way they could clear these out faster would be to just start handing out the keys and saying, “Just take it!”…
I paid less for my recent '23 GT (non-PE) purchase than my '22 Select w/ Comfort & Tech cost in December '22. Made it a no brainer to swap, as the deal on the '23 GT effectively offset the loss on the '22 Select.

With the new '24 pricing, I'd expect more deals to come on remaining '23 inventory that's been sitting on dealer lots. You can already snag a '23 GT for around $44k and GTPE for around $48k with current discounts and incentives. How low will they go - and will we see enhanced lease incentives to compete with Hyundai's fantastic lease deals on the Ioniq 5/6?

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
With the new '24 pricing, I'd expect more deals to come on remaining '23 inventory that's been sitting on dealer lots. You can already snag a '23 GT for around $44k and GTPE for around $48k with current discounts and incentives. How low will they go - and will we see enhanced lease incentives to compete with Hyundai's fantastic lease deals on the Ioniq 5/6?
I did a quick search and there was one New GTPE with 7k miles. It is a 2022 pre-HVBJB new part for $40k. BC subscription and a charger should come with the car with a lower delivery charge. That would be around $2500 savings. It was built in 03/22 so the battery would be over 10 year old at the end of battery warranty. Assuming that the car has been charged at 100% most of the time during the past two years, that may make it to have a higher chance to get a new battery under warranty. This is a mind blowing deal in my opinions. My 22 Premium ER AWD MSRP was almost $59k.

Last edited:

JPT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5 and Caddie DTS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Wow, I'm not even a year old yet and under water by over $10k. Thanks, Ford, for putting me and thousands of others under water. If you own your own GT like me, you cannot get GAP insurance to cover the difference if somebody smacks into you. That is only coverage to protect a lender. Anything that "totals" the value of the car today leaves many of us under water. I get that this can happen in many other situations, but this is cutting new ground stuff!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
one New GTPE with 7k miles.
New with 7k and almost 2 model years old? Unpossible

I'm still holding out for when the GTPE magna can be modified. Until then, knope.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
New with 7k and almost 2 model years old? Unpossible

I'm still holding out for when the GTPE magna can be modified. Until then, knope.
It is listed on Autotrader. The dealer is in WA. I am no where near the place. I have seen new for 3k-4k miles around where I live. They are 23 models.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
It is listed on Autotrader. The dealer is in WA. I am no where near the place. I have seen new for 3k-4k miles around where I live. They are 23 models.
I did a quick search and there was one New GTPE with 7k miles. It is a 2022 pre-HVBJB new part for $40k.
How is a car new with 3 or 4 thousand miles on it?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Wow, I'm not even a year old yet and under water by over $10k. Thanks, Ford, for putting me and thousands of others under water. If you own your own GT like me, you cannot get GAP insurance to cover the difference if somebody smacks into you. That is only coverage to protect a lender. Anything that "totals" the value of the car today leaves many of us under water. I get that this can happen in many other situations, but this is cutting new ground stuff!
Early adopter pain.

If it is bothering people this much, in the future, purchase a used ICEV that holds value better. But a car is not an investment, even if you buy a used ICEV.

And this isn't Ford's fault. They are trying to keep the MME relevant in the market, and for now, the car market is supported by people who are freely spending their own money and deciding what they want to buy. The competition matters. The competition is not just Tesla and other BEVs, it is ICEVs that usually are substantially less expensive for the same features. With much easier refueling options when on a trip.

This is how capitalism works. And complaining about it is not productive. Personally, I am likely to hold on to my MME longer because of what is happening in the car market. But you know what? That is OK, because I really like my car. It is a great car. It really is.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I understand what you're saying, but you're not underwater. Your vehicle depreciated faster than you'd have liked to have happened, but when you own a vehicle outright, there is nothing to be underwater on, that term only applies when your liability on the asset exceeds its value. This was a big reason why I opted for the Options contract, I would have done a lease if not available, because this was Fords first foray into a true competitive EV and I had no idea how it would fair.

Too many people are still stuck on vehicles holding their value from the last few years, but that is not normal and you should never expect your vehicle, short of an exotic or classic car, to do so. Heck, the norm used to be you'd buy an $80k BMW and the second you drive it off the lot it was worth like $50k to $60k.

It isn't really cutting new ground stuff, Tesla did heavy price drops that really, really screwed owners of Teslas. Ford has no choice but to follow in their footsteps or continue to gain no ground/lose EV market share. Ford isn't leading the charge here on price cuts.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Will you be happier if it comes in at 481/651?
Of course!

If you chart my happiness correlated to those numbers there is is a positive upward slope for sure!

But really it was more about Ford saying they’re “targeting at least…..” If the new horsepower number is the same as the old one, it’s just Ford giving people false hope.

Usually manufacturers up the numbers when they use verbiage like that.
Sponsored