Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So I walked into my dealership today and told them I read on the internets that there was a recall. They said nope, there was never any recall. I told them the internets told me the recall was just recalled and then they said oh yeah they recalled that particular recall but right now it doesn't seem to be available and I should re-call them tomorrow. Great guys!
But according to Ford, me warning you not to go to the dealer because it's not available was a joke. Sorry you wasted time on it.

Some people are lost on the fact that I said way back the purpose of this post was to save people time and money from going to the dealer because it wasn't available.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
All these Ford employees want to chime in and say what a joke it is. Why didn't they have the balls to step up and say thanks for pointing this out and we are working on it back when we first created the thread???

Shows the culture inside the company really well. We know something is broken but we'll just play them as fools and then comment after.
Yeah, thanks for making everyone aware, Todd. Even if it ends up being a short-term "outage," it is good you brought it up since there have been more people then I would have guessed saying they went to the dealer and did have the recall completed, only to find out here it was the old May updates and now they either take it back when it is available again or wait for the OTA, which we will just assume will go extremely well without hiccups as all past OTAs have.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I appreciate DevSecOps's info because it saved me a wasted 3+ hours today, and unknown hours in the future (depending on how the tech resolved the recall with no updates), even if it does mean I'm sitting 1 day short of a lemon law claim.

Also, the whole thing does not build confidence in ford's release processes. If my team has missing deliverables (which were previously available and went missing), someone's getting paged at "yuck am" to resolve it.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
But according to Ford, me warning you not to go to the dealer because it's not available was a joke. Sorry you wasted time on it.

Some people are lost on the fact that I said way back the purpose of this post was to save people time and money from going to the dealer because it wasn't available.
Why don't you quit trying to be so god damned helpful, eh?!

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All these Ford employees want to chime in and say what a joke it is. Why didn't they have the cajones to step up and say thanks for pointing this out and we are working on it back when we first created the thread???

Shows the culture inside the company really well. We know something is broken but we'll just play them as fools and then comment after.
As Peavy says, "Well, now, I wouldn't say that! (sorry, I listen to way too much old time radio :) )

I think that the Ford people on the forum probably do a lot more good in the background then they can say, or we can know.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT
Country flag
They still using a typewriter, IBM selectric? Or stone and chisel?
Well when a dealer tries to tack on 400 extras for everyone buying a car, the time adds up very quickly. Between the sales pitches for the extended warranty, the interior protection, the exterior protection, the wheel protection, the tire protection, the service pre-pay, I can understand why a less-than-savvy purchaser takes over 45 minutes in the finance room.

MarkW.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's possible that they didn't actually update anything as FDRS didn't have the 22S41 update since the end of last week.
So, with respect, do you (or others) work for Ford? Really not being snarky, but it seems to me if Ford tells me they've done the update and they haven't, then my car quits on the fast lane of a freeway and I get rear ended/injured, that would be a massive lawsuit. Especially when multipled by X number of naive people like me around the country that it also happens to.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It doesn't matter.

The OTA system will query the vehicle and push the 22S41 module software if the appropriate modules are not at the 22S41 required level. This whole thread is largely irrelevant, although mildly entertaining.
Ron, if the 22S41 updates have already been applied with FDRS at home, will the OTA system clear the recall flag at some point?

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
So, with respect, do you (or others) work for Ford? Really not being snarky, but it seems to me if Ford tells me they've done the update and they haven't, then my car quits on the fast lane of a freeway and I get rear ended/injured, that would be a massive lawsuit. Especially when multipled by X number of naive people like me around the country that it also happens to.
From a safety recall perspective, Ford said that this software is the recall remedy. Any vehicle delivered which didn’t get the updates because of this FDRS issue violates the delivery hold requirement which should be financial penalties as well as legal risk. Any owner who was told they had the recall resolved but did not is also a legal risk to Ford.

I’m not surprised to see the Ford employees in the forum downplaying this issue.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks to @DevSecOps and @WyldStallyn and the others that were involved with this.

The software is rolling out OTA and will be back in FDRS soon (think we all know that means anytime between now and 202?).

For those that went in for service to have the dealer install the update while it was not on the server, the OTA process will catch it and you will get it OTA.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
From a safety recall perspective, Ford said that this software is the recall remedy. Any vehicle delivered which didn’t get the updates because of this FDRS issue violates the delivery hold requirement which should be financial penalties as well as legal risk. Any owner who was told they had the recall resolved but did not is also a legal risk to Ford.

I’m not surprised to see the Ford employees in the forum downplaying this issue.
I have yet to see someone from ford comment - am I missing something?

I hope that’s not referring to my posts a few pages back because I am not a Ford employee, I was trying to be respectful of what people were doing to understand what was going on. I also don’t think anyone should be discouraged from performing a safety recall at a dealer. While the recall may not have shown up in FDRS the dealer has access to ford engineering dept. which can actually do something to fix it or work around to be able to install.

I also seriously doubt anyone from Ford would comment outside of official communication channels on this. They would potentially be fired for breaking confidentiality requirements. They would also be at risk of disciplinary action if they were even messaging people on this forum outside official communication.
Sponsored