2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Does anyone know, if this issue impacts certain types of cars more than others, GT vs select, AWD vs RWD , normal battery pack vs extended battery pack
The more power you draw the more chance of heating up the contactors so if one was to go just by maximum potential power draw then you would have more chance in GTPE/GT then AWD trims followed by RWD trims. However the issue has impacted all trims.

It really is best to just go in with the mind set that it will be a case of when not if it happens and just drive like you normally would, at least with this band-aid recall you won't get stranded so you can now spending your time cussing out Fords incompetent part selection while you drive to the dealer to get it fixed rather then when you are being towed there..

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
I agree, but the question is when do we get the update, I am still waiting and don't see it in Ford pass. Is it a good idea to take the car on a long trip this weekend?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I agree, but the question is when do we get the update, I am still waiting and don't see it in Ford pass. Is it a good idea to take the car on a long trip this weekend?
The failure rate is insanely low ... don't stress so much and drive!

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
The failure rate is insanely low ... don't stress so much and drive!
Yes, that's what I was planning to do. Actually last week I drove it almost 1000 miles in 3 days, but did not know about this forum . Now I read all the horror stories and feeling stressed

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yes, that's what I was planning to do. Actually last week I drove it almost 1000 miles in 3 days, but did not know about this forum . Now I read all the horror stories and feeling stressed
It's an echo chamber of negativity. Stay off the forum. I think some people come here to torture themselves.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Our plan is Working! YES!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue EvilPlan

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's an echo chamber of negativity. Stay off the forum. I think some people come here to torture themselves.
Hey don’t knock it, I am retired and if this thread didn’t happen I don’t know what I would have done with all that free time.🤣

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If you plan to do 40 WOTs in a row, I might be worried for you. But if you are just going to drive like a normal person, you are good to go.

You know most members in this forum have never had a HVBJB failure? 99% have had no failure. And that is scientifically proven. Just ask Todd.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is a little different than that. Before the update there is a high chance of being stranded or even having a tow truck damage your battery pack. It's a little more urgent in all fairness.
No one can change how you react to the HVBJB issue but the facts are that the failure rate is around 0.5% or less than 300 events out of 50,000 Machs sold in North America. Out of those failures some were stranded but from my reading many occurred after getting home or at DCFC stations. Not pleasant in any case but not stranded in the middle of nowhere. I only recall one case reported where the battery was damaged during a tow but there were probably a few others. My point is this is not as prevalent as you make it sound; although, I agree it sucks for those who experience it.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
No one can change how you react to the HVBJB issue but the facts are that the failure rate is around 0.5% or less than 300 events out of 50,000 Machs sold in North America. Out of those failures some were stranded but from my reading many occurred after getting home or at DCFC stations. Not pleasant in any case but not stranded in the middle of nowhere. I only recall one case reported where the battery was damaged during a tow but there were probably a few others. My point is this is not as prevalent as you make it sound; although, I agree it sucks for those who experience it.
Yes it did suck being in the tiny minority at the time, but I have not changed the way I drive now. Car is feeling great to drive and I do so without anxiety.

get out and about in your cars people, enjoy it and if you need to get towed, which I doubt, enjoy another life experience.