OP
OP

Inhyeok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Drop off car at 1/19/24 and 2/21/24 pick up the car. Just for helping for time frame if you have a same issue like me.
Sponsored

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I called my dealer today to check on parts status. The parts are not in yet, and no ETA. This means if we had stuck with the 2/9/2024 schedule recall/service date and vehicle would still be setting at the dealer, untouched, going on 3 weeks. . . . . Sad 😭

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm confused. I got the recall notice back in November. It says when parts are available I will get another notice. I'm still waiting. Do I need to call my dealership to order the part?

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello guys, I have a question that I got a safety recall which is HVBJB, dealer said it takes around 1wk, not sure why but anyway, they can provide the loan a car so I agreed with that. Today is the 1wk and nothing updated, I called them and part shortage, they are still waiting for part. Anyone has same issue for that?
Like I was saying on a different post I bought my first electric Mustang today but I cannot get it until Monday. They just got the part in for that fix so mine will be ready on Monday. In the meantime that gives me time to get a charging station installed at home good luck not sure what the problem is but they just said it was a recall and they had the part today so I’m just waiting they did give me a bronco to use. That was nice lol.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm confused. I got the recall notice back in November. It says when parts are available I will get another notice. I'm still waiting. Do I need to call my dealership to order the part?
If you have a GT you should call your dealer. My understanding is GT’s were prioritized. I did get a letter and also had a change to the recall message on FordPass. Unfortunately the recall message has since changed back to stating that parts are not available. I actually had my local dealer order parts week before I received the letter and my HVBJB has been waiting for installation since December. So yes give your dealership a call.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm still waiting for mine since January 19th. The dealer ordered the part on January 19th and I kept driving since everything worked. The HVBJB failed February 25th taking the car offline. The car has been at the dealer waiting for the part, now in the 4th week.
This is a pretty slow response from Ford on a Safety Recall issued to me November 10th 2023, especially given the car has been offline for nearly 4 weeks now.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Many of us are still waiting. These stories of mis- communication are disappointing and we are willing to avoid such a mess by waiting longer.

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I never received a follow up, so I called my dealer last week to set up an appointment. He said he had to order the parts. 2 days later he called me back to say the parts were on the way and he could set up a time in 2 weeks, and we're scheduled for 3/28. I forgot to ask about a loaner but he did say to expect a 2 day turnaround.

Fingers crossed... after hearing about all the nightmare dealers, I had low expectations, but it seems pretty straightforward so far.

Edit: my dealer is Townsend Ford in Townsend MA. They've been pretty solid all the way... except that they don't have a coffee machine on site :D

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Many of us are still waiting. These stories of mis- communication are disappointing and we are willing to avoid such a mess by waiting longer.
It's why I waited as long as I did. Hoping this has been enough time to work out the kinks.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm still waiting for mine since January 19th. The dealer ordered the part on January 19th and I kept driving since everything worked. The HVBJB failed February 25th taking the car offline. The car has been at the dealer waiting for the part, now in the 4th week.
This is a pretty slow response from Ford on a Safety Recall issued to me November 10th 2023, especially given the car has been offline for nearly 4 weeks now.
Hey there. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are currently working with? I would like to look into this part delay on my end.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
It seems like a lot of this just depends on your dealer. Ford corporate can only help so much as they are reliant on our 100 year old legally mandated dealer network to do these repairs. My dealer was great and had the car in and out in a day and half. Others appear to not be familiar with the car or how to service it.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
There is zero reason for them to keep your car while they're waiting for the part.
There is a good reason if he already got the warning on the dash. You don't want the contactor to melt in an open position and leave you stranded on the middle of the road. I know the new software update was made to prevent that. But there still reports of people having issues.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is a good reason if he already got the warning on the dash. You don't want the contactor to melt in an open position and leave you stranded on the middle of the road. I know the new software update was made to prevent that. But there still reports of people having issues.
This was for the recall, not a failure.

WR221

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1 2021
Country flag
The reality is they should have ordered the part first and you should have taken in your car after it arrived. Then two days for work.
Mine is currently on the lift at the dealer for the HVBJB recall. They told me the car first had to be "checked in" before they obtain the parts, but that would be about a one-day delay. There was a further two-day delay getting started because they have only one "stand" (lift?) and my car was in the queue. I believe the work is now actually in progress. It has been 7 calendar days since I dropped it off. They did give me an almost-new Explorer to drive home, so I'm not that pressed about the schedule. Buying gas is a drag...

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, we got the recalls done, finally. For reference: We got the recall letter in Nov. 23, I contacted the dealer soon after and they said we would get a call when parts and resources were available. We got that call in late January 24, the service appointment was set for 2/9/24. We went to the dealer as scheduled but they had no parts and it was Friday and it then became obvious that the scheduling call center was misinformed, the dealer had NO parts and the call center insisted it would take one day when in reality it takes 2 to 3 days. So we just took the car home and waited. We got another scheduling call the week of 3/11/24. Service was scheduled for Wednesday 3/20/24. The job was completed by 3/22/24, but to be fair the dealer also replaced that pesky cargo cover , that never stays hooked, with a new improved one. So without that they it should have been a 2 day job. ( They had to wait 1 day for parts.)

So in summary and conclusion, it took nearly 5 months, from the announcement letter to conclusion and once we visited the dealer for the 1st schedule, when they had no parts, it took a little over 4 weeks for the parts to arrive. This job takes 2 days, minimum and yes the dealer have us a loaner to drive, for 3 days.

Also, I suppose we are in the "lucky" group, we never had any problems, but the vehicle never gets charged more than 90%, it sits in a temp. controller garage, has only been DC fast charged twice in 26,000 miles and in Minnesota we have no big hills (mountains) to climb.
Sponsored