Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sync 4a covers all large screen sync systems. Those in all Mach-es are Sync 4a. Sync 4 refers to the more recent small screen systems embedded in the dash, such as we have in our F-150.
Thanks for the info. I have auto updates turned on so I assume that the powerup will come to the UK eventually. Will there be any notification on the screen? The volume knob extended functions will be most useful.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Been running 412 a week now, had to pull fuse #11 multiple times this week so just did a master reset, will see if that resolved issues going forward. Paak would still work but no car info was updating on my phone.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've been wait listed for Early Access for 2 years and still nothin. Thanks Ford!
Iā€™m in EA, my First Edition has been to the service center as a Guinea Pig multiple times, Iā€™ve participated in interviews with Ford corporate, Iā€™ve got enough Ford swag to fill a cabinetā€¦ and Iā€™m still on 3.5.4. Soā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

EA doesnā€™t mean much. Itā€™s a crap shoot.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™m in EA, my First Edition has been to the service center as a Guinea Pig multiple times, Iā€™ve participated in interviews with Ford corporate, Iā€™ve got enough Ford swag to fill a cabinetā€¦ and Iā€™m still on 3.5.4. Soā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

EA doesnā€™t mean much. Itā€™s a crap shoot.
I've been in EAP all along too and it seemed to do nothing either... until a few months ago. I had been a month behind the early wave of OTAs, but suddenly I seem to be getting them in the early wave now.

Had the HVBJB issue in Oct. Maybe I got a pity bump. šŸ˜„

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Personally, I think 20 years from now all those 2021 Job 1ā€™s stuck on 3.5.4.2 (like mine) are going to be worth more because they will be unicorns. Getting stuck in Guest profile 2-3 times per week will be seen as the DIY maintenance EVā€™s lack. Manual frunk button will be seen as a throw back feature that only a few select owners have. And letā€™s not forget that the ratcheting noise from the front half shafts will be the way people know you are making a turn, no fake sound required.

Bring on the residuals.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally, I think 20 years from now all those 2021 Job 1ā€™s stuck on 3.5.4.2 (like mine) are going to be worth more because they will be unicorns. Getting stuck in Guest profile 2-3 times per week will be seen as the DIY maintenance EVā€™s lack. Manual frunk button will be seen as a throw back feature that only a few select owners have. And letā€™s not forget that the ratcheting noise from the front half shafts will be the way people know you are making a turn, no fake sound required.

Bring on the residuals.
ā€œYou wouldnā€™t believe what we found in this barn - a 2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition! Only a few dozen of these known to still be in existence. Looks almost indistinguishable from its mainline brothers, but look here how you have to pull a lever to open the frunk! And whatā€™s that inside - is that shrimp?!ā€

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
ā€œYou wouldnā€™t believe what we found in this barn - a 2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition! Only a few dozen of these known to still be in existence. Looks almost indistinguishable from its mainline brothers, but look here how you have to pull a lever to open the frunk! And whatā€™s that inside - is that shrimp?!ā€
Everyone on here complains about their missing frunk button, but I have the frunk button and still have never used it. Manual lever every time. I guess 20 years of habit ā€œpopping the hoodā€ is hard to change.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
Everyone on here complains about their missing frunk button, but I have the frunk button and still have never used it. Manual lever every time. I guess 20 years of habit ā€œpopping the hoodā€ is hard to change.
I have the frunk button and tend to use the manual release more often since the button on the app sometimes fails

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the frunk button and tend to use the manual release more often since the button on the app sometimes fails
I agree. Itā€™s a small thing. I rarely use the frunk and it isnā€™t too hard to use the lever. But it should also be a small thing to bring us early adopters up to parity. Kind of a slap, IMHO.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I received v4.1.2 on Friday 4/6. EA 2021 Job 1.

Following the update I noticed an immediate improvement with Android Auto (Pixel 7 Pro) audio playback. Previously when playing music or watching videos on my phone, I would have an audio delay of three to five seconds consistently. Additionally, audio playback would randomly and regularly cut out while listening to music. Oddly, navigation voice feedback was not delayed at all. Those issues started back in September with the YouTube update v3.5.3.3. with this update things are back they way it was with only a half second audio delay for both audio and video playback.

I can't say for certain if PaaK is working any better or not at this point. I don't even think it was mentioned in the change log but who knows, at this point I won't hold my breath.

The only feature/bug I noticed is the power button is always black no matter what the interface type (dark or light) is set to. What's even more weird is when the dark interface is used. The power button doesn't even match that color either. You'll notice in the screenshots. I've seen other screenshots from people with the update as well and they don't appear to have that issue. Maybe there are some other hardware and software variances between the 2021 and 2022 that are impacting that. Also note, restarting Sync does not fix the problem, nor does manually toggling dark and light mode.

Overall a very minor nitpick considering all the improvements and fixes with the audio. The extra screen real estate is huge improvement and I really don't miss the larger tile buttons for the built-in applications, well worth the trade-off in my opinion. The quick access to the cameras, and the layout of the menus are fantastic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners PXL_20230109_063715333

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners PXL_20230109_063631332

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I received v4.1.2 on Friday 4/6. EA 2021 Job 1.

Following the update I noticed an immediate improvement with Android Auto (Pixel 7 Pro) audio playback. Previously when playing music or watching videos on my phone, I would have an audio delay of three to five seconds consistently. Additionally, audio playback would randomly and regularly cut out while listening to music. Oddly, navigation voice feedback was not delayed at all. Those issues started back in September with the YouTube update v3.5.3.3. with this update things are back they way it was with only a half second audio delay for both audio and video playback.

I can't say for certain if PaaK is working any better or not at this point. I don't even think it was mentioned in the change log but who knows, at this point I won't hold my breath.

The only feature/bug I noticed is the power button is always black no matter what the interface type (dark or light) is set to. What's even more weird is when the dark interface is used. The power button doesn't even match that color either. You'll notice in the screenshots. I've seen other screenshots from people with the update as well and they don't appear to have that issue. Maybe there are some other hardware and software variances between the 2021 and 2022 that are impacting that. Also note, restarting Sync does not fix the problem, nor does manually toggling dark and light mode.

Overall a very minor nitpick considering all the improvements and fixes with the audio. The extra screen real estate is huge improvement and I really don't miss the larger tile buttons for the built-in applications, well worth the trade-off in my opinion. The quick access to the cameras, and the layout of the menus are fantastic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners PXL_20230109_063631332

Does it change color when you turn the radio on? Dark=off Light=on?

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Does it change color when you turn the radio on? Dark=off Light=on?
Nope, it's black all the time on/off or dark/light mode. For all I know it was intentional, it just seems like an odd change. Maybe it's to blend in the black on screen button with the black area on the inside edge of the volume/Multifunction knob šŸ¤”.
Sponsored