Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Todays update:
In Transit Arrived at Junction Point Laredo, TX May-12-2022, 21:29 CT  start date Jun-08-2022 end date Jun-14-2022
So did Ford.com or order tracking ever update for you?
Sponsored

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag

Yottawatt

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E California Rt 1, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mostly correct, but KCS will only help you know where the car is until it reaches Kansas City. I never bothered calling them as my car only took 12 days to reach KC from the factory. The car does leave the original railcar in Kansas City, transferred by truck to another rail company (or dealer if Midwest). Eastbound deliveries go to Norfolk Southern's terminal in Birmingham, MO. Then they get on a separate railcar that Ford Chat will be able to share with you. Norfolk Southern railcars can be tracked via an automated system (no real people to bother at all).
I wonder why my car's railcar was in Shreveport, LA yesterday? Isn't that the wrong direction for Kansas City?

I was told the railcar doesn't change and that KCS will be able to track all the way to Buffalo's railyard even after the railcar is handed off to CSX. I called CSX about a week ago when I was initially given the railcar identifier and was told by CSX that the last time my car's railcar was in their possession was January.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I wonder why my car's railcar was in Shreveport, LA yesterday? Isn't that the wrong direction for Kansas City?

I was told the railcar doesn't change and that KCS will be able to track all the way to Buffalo's railyard even after the railcar is handed off to CSX. I called CSX about a week ago when I was initially given the railcar identifier and was told by CSX that the last time my car's railcar was in their possession was January.
You're on the right route! See the KCS map below.

I'm guessing you got that CSX tip from the stickied tracking post. I'm pretty sure that's just bad info. CSX is a totally separate company. It would be like tracking an Amazon package via Walmart. The only success I've seen some people have had is using other companies to track their BNSF railcar (BNSF does not have its own tracking system). But that's for westbound and southbound (Texas) deliveries out of KC. It's most likely Norfolk Southern will get your car once it reaches Kansas City, as they are delivering other upstate NY cars in my build week (4/4). But it will definitely be a different railcar.

50152901-15921053637908728_origin.jpg

Yottawatt

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E California Rt 1, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
You're on the right route! See the KCS map below.

I'm guessing you got that CSX tip from the stickied tracking post. I'm pretty sure that's just bad info. CSX is a totally separate company. It would be like tracking an Amazon package via Walmart. The only success I've seen some people have had is using other companies to track their BNSF railcar (BNSF does not have its own tracking system). But that's for westbound and southbound (Texas) deliveries out of KC. It's most likely Norfolk Southern will get your car once it reaches Kansas City, as they are delivering other upstate NY cars in my build week (4/4). But it will definitely be a different railcar.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat 50152901-15921053637908728_origin
Update... I called KCS again and they said my railcar was in Lerado, TX. I was concerned and asked why the railcar was back in Lerado. The lady looked at more detailed notes and said it was heading back to Mexico empty and had unloaded in Kansas City on May 11th.

The railcar that my parents' Mach-e(Production 4/12/22 Built 5/04) is loaded on reached Louisiana today.

So I guess I could get my Mach-E GT as soon as Tomorrow or Tuesday.😁🤞 Also all the trackers still show pending for both.

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
Update... I called KCS again and they said my railcar was in Lerado, TX. I was concerned and asked why the railcar was back in Lerado. The lady looked at more detailed notes and said it was heading back to Mexico empty and had unloaded in Kansas City on May 11th.

The railcar that my parents' Mach-e(Production 4/12/22 Built 5/04) is loaded on reached Louisiana today.

So I guess I could get my Mach-E GT as soon as Tomorrow or Tuesday.😁🤞 Also all the trackers still show pending for both.
From build week 4/4 here. Believe it or not, the closer it gets to you, the more opaque the delivery details. Different rail lines, so many trucking companies (most are one worker companies), etc. People on this form have generally nailed down the Mexico to Texas to Kansas City part, but it starts to get dodgy in Kansas City and is just a free for all it seems after that with tracking 😂

Some people lose tracking completely and it shows up to their dealers a couple of weeks later.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Premium EAWD Batch 5272 - Order placed 9/27/21
C6061EFD-EA75-40E3-93DE-54862AF2A058.jpeg
Ford Chat verified for me.
Car Built 5/4.
In transit.
Location is Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM.
Shipped Rail - Railcar # KCS 008157. ETA Jun-14-2022.
Premium - EAWD - Batch 5272 290/330
Todays update:
In Transit Arrived at Junction Point Laredo, TX May-12-2022, 21:29 CT  start date Jun-08-2022 end date Jun-14-2022
Got an update from KCS:

My MME is currently in Shreveport, LA. Estimated Arrival in KS is Late 17th-Early 18th.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Here's my latest, curious to get some opinions:
  • I noticed that sometime over the past few days, my OrderTrack.app readout changed from "ASN" to "picked."
  • Ford chat says: "I am showing your vehicle is in transit and was received at a ramp in Richards-gebaur, MO. There is no railway information as it is at a ramp waiting to be shipped."

Thoughts?

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Todays update:
How are you able to get this information? I have a KCS number.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
How are you able to get this information? I have a KCS number.
You can call them! I think they're only open till 6PM CT - 1-800-468-6527

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Todays update:
I was there with you on May 13th. I am probably still stuck sitting there drinking at the 12 Volt Saloon. My ETA is still July 18-24th to CT; which still seems like a long way off given other peoples ETAs. Who makes these delivery estimated; a human or a robot?

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I was there with you on May 13th. I am probably still stuck sitting there drinking at the 12 Volt Saloon. My ETA is still July 18-24th to CT; which still seems like a long way off given other peoples ETAs. Who makes these delivery estimated; a human or a robot?
The person I chatted with at Ford today was quite confused when she saw the arrival date. She didn’t know why it was estimating another 7 weeks.

awaters

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Black
Country flag
Great, mine is still "In Production" and order track is still ASN pending. I wonder if GTPEs are getting double checked.
All of the GTs in this thread are still in production, so it looks like that also includes the GTPE's like yours. I just wish they would give some info on what we're waiting for.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Perhaps there is software or update for Stop Safely Now? It would appear the small number that have had issues are predominantly GTs, or it seems that way here on the forum. That in no way a research based theory. All I know is our very early First Edition built in 2020 has none of the issues. Again wild speculation.
Sponsored