Built 5/7
Shipped 5/9
Revised 5/23
Revised 5/17
Batch 5272
Unit 283/330
AWD Premium ER Red Lt Gray
something must’ve been messed up here…

I was batch 5272 290/330 and my order has shipped, arrived in Kansas City today. Wtf… sorry mate.
Sponsored

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
something must’ve been messed up here…

I was batch 5272 290/330 and my order has shipped, arrived in Kansas City today. Wtf… sorry mate.
So bizarre. We are cars away in the same batch. 5272 281/330

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Agree, sorry to hear @E=IR. I’m 278/330 and also in the KC area. ETA 6/29-7/5 but hoping sooner.

Yottawatt

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E California Rt 1, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Update my Mach-E GT departed Ohio at 6:57am this morning. It's heading to Buffalo, NY. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's sitting in Buffalo's railyard now considering it's been over 12hrs since departure from Ohio.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So I just got the Built email this morning. So in Production from 4/12 to 5/18. Obviously it wasn't going down any line that long. Excited nonetheless and waiting on dealers preliminary trade value numbers for our First Edition so we can do the sales tax benefit and private party.

MGHTYDX

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 BMW i4 M50; '24 Mustang GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So I just got the Built email this morning. So in Production from 4/12 to 5/18. Obviously it wasn't going down any line that long. Excited nonetheless and waiting on dealers preliminary trade value numbers for our First Edition so we can do the sales tax benefit and private party.
I'm a 4/18 build week GTPE who has been "in production" since 4/20. Perhaps there is hope for me on the horizon?

Lars

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium, 300A, RWD and ERB
If that is the case, somebody done F'ed up with the week of 4/18 builds then. They probably don't know how to fix the problem because the vehicles were built beyond the point that they could easily access/fix the issue without tearing apart the car. I could be talking out my arse, but at this point it might be a plausible explanation. The lack of communication has made be cynical.
I agree that something is rotten in Denmark. By not giving out updates Ford, including dealers, can slip someone ahead of you and you would never know the difference. As noted the tracking showed our MME was still in Jax, hadn't moved in weeks! Then, without any changes, our 'stang was at the dealer. So far really lucky to not have a speeding ticket,...yet! Good Luck!

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I agree that something is rotten in Denmark. By not giving out updates Ford, including dealers, can slip someone ahead of you and you would never know the difference. As noted the tracking showed our MME was still in Jax, hadn't moved in weeks! Then, without any changes, our 'stang was at the dealer. So far really lucky to not have a speeding ticket,...yet! Good Luck!
Mine was finished being built on 5/6 or so then shipped out the following week. Apparently some GT and GTPE from batch 5328 (build week 4/18) are still in 'In Production'.

Lars

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Radio silence for me. I’m the black sheep of the batch 5272 P-AWD-EX family. Maybe Ford’s ancient AI looks at negative comments on this forum and prioritizes production and shipping accordingly? I am waiting for the “bumped to 2023 model year” email.
Have some hope, I dumped on Ford/Dealer all the time in the last month before our MME was delivered the end of April, tracking still showing it was in Jax, FL! We have/had a choice: Either Ford was/is so in the weeds it didn't know what was going on or dealers have/has been playing fast and loose with when orders would be delivered. Either way, they look bad doing it! Good Luck!

Lars

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been "In Production" since 4/14. Was told that estimated date for build completed is May 22-28. Hard to believe it will take 6 weeks for the car to be built.
We were "in production" from 1/10/22 to 3/2/22 but who knows what dates are accurate? Our MME was at the dealer while tracking showing it was still in Jax, FL, the end of April! Good Luck!

Lars

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My guess as to what happened is they built and shipped the 4/4 vehicles. Then they built 4/11 vehicles and put them in storage. Then they finished some January vehicles that were on chip hold and got them out the door. Then came back to ship ours.

Go look at the 1/10 build week chat. They are barely ahead of us and seem to be behind 4/4.

Hopefully the delivery dates they are giving us are padded by a bunch and not reflective of the current state of shipping delays.
You may be on the something. Our "production" week was 1/10 and our "built" date was 3/2. Shipped, by sea, to Jax, FL 4/11. Tracking showed vehicle still in Jax when the dealer called and told us our MME was on the ground in St Pete! Something isn't correct with Ford's methodology! It all starts with inaccurate communication!

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Today Ordertrack says "Delivered." Origin KC, destination "Birmingham, MO." So we have movement! Goodbye Richards-Gerbaur syndrome, hello whatever comes next.
Same for me. Will check Ford chat tomorrow out of curiosity.

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Mine was finished being built on 5/6 or so then shipped out the following week. Apparently some GT and GTPE from batch 5328 (build week 4/18) are still in 'In Production'.
Yup, I'm one of them. Batch 5328 and still in production.

awaters

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Black
Country flag
I'm sure I'm reading into it far too much, but I've seen the "there are X similar vehicles in the same status" steadily drop from 46 to 38 one by one this morning. Maybe it's GTs being pushed out the door? Maybe I'm clinging on to the microscopic hope I have left? who knows.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I'm sure I'm reading into it far too much, but I've seen the "there are X similar vehicles in the same status" steadily drop from 46 to 38 one by one this morning. Maybe it's GTs being pushed out the door? Maybe I'm clinging on to the microscopic hope I have left? who knows.
In Production is one of the few situations where tracking the "x number of similar vehicles in the same status" is actually useful-- I think you are right on that a good chunk of GT's are getting built (and hopefully shipped)-- certainly more are going out than the number that are entering production!
Sponsored