Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
So the car raises for off road use. Except the bottom of the car stays put, leaving zero more ground clearance. The lower "teeth" don't move as the upper "teeth" go up with the rest of the car to expose the teeth/gear look. The only drive-train components (motor, diff, and wheel half-shafts) are between the wheels, which do not go up. Perhaps the battery raises up, but then why do the sides stay down, except for show, to bear its teeth?
Sponsored

Lepris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE 2022 AWD SR
Country flag
If be interested in how it does with crash tests. Didn't look like there's much in the way of crumple in the front. And the sheer amount of glass on this thing, I'd argue there's a point where you can have too much glass.

MachTheKnife

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT w/high perform. pack. + Nite Pony
Occupation
Commercial real estate broker
Country flag
Actually, I meant those VR glasses - they look like something a stoned 1970s Elton John would wear. But yeah, the interior is a disaster as well - it continues the 1970s with a Poconos “Love Lodge” vibe, while the exterior looks like a prop from a bad 1970s post apocalyptic 1970s sci if movie.
I'd keep the VR glasses, patch them into my MME GT somehow, and ditch the Audi, LOL!

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Ground clearance looks excessive for this class of vehicle.
Could be that the one pictured is just a body work concept, no battery or motor installed. It looks like the suspension is all the way up on the rear wheels so there's definitely some weight missing.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
EV's give the opportunity for so much flexibility in the design of a vehicle that ICE cars never could. That being said, this is just a crazy concept car. Some of the ideas are pretty cool, and I expect Ford and other automakers will use the flexibility of the EV platform to come up with other imaginative and inventive stuff. And those glasses . . . 😂 😂 😂 I know I've seen them somewhere . . .
Ford Mustang Mach-E A new competitor coming Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 7.37.04 AM

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The front end gives off a Tesla vibe to me.

This has been done before by Ford even: Focus Active:
Ford Mustang Mach-E A new competitor coming 1675169952888

(I couldn't find the far more cooler pictures they had at the time with off-road tires looking a lot more like the Audi prototype.)

You may still be able to get one in Europe.

Of course that was right when Ford killed cars in the US. They had planned on importing a few to the US for people who wanted one (raises hand) but Trump killed it, see here:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-focus-active-canceled-usa/

Of course the Focus Active doesn't have all the silly VR stuff and the sliding tailgate--its far more practical than that.

Of course, if you think about it: If it was just a little bit taller it would be..... an Escape. So LOL.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The front end gives off a Tesla vibe to me.

This has been done before by Ford even: Focus Active:
Ford Mustang Mach-E A new competitor coming 1675169952888

(I couldn't find the far more cooler pictures they had at the time with off-road tires looking a lot more like the Audi prototype.)

You may still be able to get one in Europe.

Of course that was right when Ford killed cars in the US. They had planned on importing a few to the US for people who wanted one (raises hand) but Trump killed it, see here:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-focus-active-canceled-usa/

Of course the Focus Active doesn't have all the silly VR stuff and the sliding tailgate--its far more practical than that.

Of course, if you think about it: If it was just a little bit taller it would be..... an Escape. So LOL.
Seeing as how Ford voluntarily killed every car it makes other than the Mustang…….. seems they were just looking for a scapegoat.

I doubt a small Chinese built hatchback was going to sell well here.

This was just Ford snapping back at Trump for pressuring them to build in the USA. And look how it turned out……

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Seeing as how Ford voluntarily killed every car it makes other than the Mustang…….. seems they were just looking for a scapegoat.

I doubt a small Chinese built hatchback was going to sell well here.

This was just Ford snapping back at Trump for pressuring them to build in the USA. And look how it turned out……
Not really. They had announced the next generation Focus just prior to killing cars in North America and, during that announcement, said that they would be selling the Active in the US. It wasn't until months later that the above brouhaha happened.

Maybe they were looking for a scapegoat but it seemed as if they honestly were going to sell some in the US until the course change to SUV's.

Nonetheless the Focus Active is kind of in the US just look at every Escape.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Looks like the Dakar car. Looking at the height of the seat to roof that's gonna suck crawling into without knocking yourself out.
[
Ford Mustang Mach-E A new competitor coming 1675187343732
Sponsored