OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I just got my buyers order for my new MME. I ordered from a dealer who accepts X plan.
The top figure looks good, but are they allowed to charge a dealer fee of $799.95 and tag and title fees of $480 plus $40 on line below with no explanation. I thought the dealer is limited to $100 fee plus tax. Which of these should be removed? both? I don't want to sign anything confirming my agreement to pay those fees.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I just got my buyers order for my new MME. I ordered from a dealer who accepts X plan.
The top figure looks good, but are they allowed to charge a dealer fee of $799.95 and tag and title fees of $480 plus $40 on line below with no explanation. I thought the dealer is limited to $100 fee plus tax. Which of these should be removed? both? I don't want to sign anything confirming my agreement to pay those fees.
Most likely the $799 dealer fee shouldn't be allowed, but tag and title isn't a dealer fee. That's the government getting your money to license and register the vehicle. Don't know what the $40 is.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They are allowed to charge $100 for paperwork.

They are allowed to charge whatever it costs for title and registration, including if your state charges a fee for electronic titling.

Tax has nothing to do with a dealer.

My mother bought from a dealer that had no idea what X-Plan was. I reviewed the invoice, marked it up, and sent it back. They checked with their dealer rep and processed it as I had marked it up.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
They are allowed to charge $100 for paperwork.

They are allowed to charge whatever it costs for title and registration, including if your state charges a fee for electronic titling.

Tax has nothing to do with a dealer.

My mother bought from a dealer that had no idea what X-Plan was. I reviewed the invoice, marked it up, and sent it back. They checked with their dealer rep and processed it as I had marked it up.
I reviewed the invoice again with salesman. Looks like the $799 dealer fee is actually not charged, they lowered the price from X plan (53126 for premium, XR, RWD, and protection pakage) . So the first line is acually 52326 then they add $799 but the total is still $53126 plus tax and title. List price was 53940, so X at 53126 seems right...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Make sure they are not playing games and in fact you are buying with X-Plan. That requires you to sign a form at delivery that says you are using X-Plan.

Some dealers say they match X-Plan pricing, but in fact they avoid using the plan to charge a fee greater than $100 for paperwork.

Also, there is no "seems right". Tell them to print a Smart Vincent report showing the true invoice and X-Plan price.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Make sure they are not playing games and in fact you are buying with X-Plan. That requires you to sign a form at delivery that says you are using X-Plan.

Some dealers say they match X-Plan pricing, but in fact they avoid using the plan to charge a fee greater than $100 for paperwork.

Also, there is no "seems right". Tell them to print a Smart Vincent report showing the true invoice and X-Plan price.
I don't recall having to sign anything re X-plan. I simply gave them my PIN.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Here is the form. If you didn't have to sign it, make sure you paid the correct X-Plan price, plus a max of $100 for paperwork, and no dealer fees.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf
I bought my car in February and I definitely don't remember that form. I did verify the price, and I had to remind them about the $100 max (they originally had their standard doc fee priced in). Maybe my wife signed it while I was in the bathroom. ?

SnatrapS99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1 RWD DMG named "Tango"
Occupation
I work for SpongeBob.
Country flag
I apologize if this was already covered here or somewhere else on this tremendously informative forum... it seems that this thread says the X plan pricing is dealer invoice - 2%. However, I am seeing on sites like fordpartner.com that it is dealer invoice - 0.4%. I understand there is also a $275 admin fee. And is the dealer invoice the MSRP? If not, how do I find that number out? I am about to order one today or tomorrow. THANKS! (Again, sorry if this is repetitive.)

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I apologize if this was already covered here or somewhere else on this tremendously informative forum... it seems that this thread says the X plan pricing is dealer invoice - 2%. However, I am seeing on sites like fordpartner.com that it is dealer invoice - 0.4%. I understand there is also a $275 admin fee. And is the dealer invoice the MSRP? If not, how do I find that number out? I am about to order one today or tomorrow. THANKS! (Again, sorry if this is repetitive.)
Yes invoice is msrp. Basically you take almost all of the destination fee.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks. yeah I just did the math and X plan save just a bit under $500... not great, but I'll take it.
yeah but don't forget it caps doc fees at less the $100. Depending on the dealer that can be a substantial savings as well. But on a car this popular, ANY discount is a great thing.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
So I was just pointed at this thread. My GT is currently "In Production" is it possible to apply "X-Plan" pricing at this point (assuming I was to join a Mustang Club to get access), or does that need to be specified prior to placing the order?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So I was just pointed at this thread. My GT is currently "In Production" is it possible to apply "X-Plan" pricing at this point (assuming I was to join a Mustang Club to get access), or does that need to be specified prior to placing the order?
My dealer told me that I just need to provide my PIN when the car is being picked up. Remember that you need to be a member of an organization like MCoA for at least 90 days in order to participate in X-plan. If your car is already in production and you have not yet joined, you may have a little bit of a chronological issue.
Sponsored