Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Great write up. Thanks for sharing.

This one caught my attention.."

• TWO YEARS LATER, my car still reverts to Guest Profile every time I remote start.
"
EVERYTIME?!?!
Every time I remote start I'm a guest when I get in. Dec'21 Job1
Sponsored

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Every time I remote start I'm a guest when I get in. Dec'21 Job1
Mine has also gone from every few times to every time, around the same time as the 4.1.2 update.

At least it's consistent now... :confused:

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I agree with OP’s list. I recently picked up a MY and it just works. Kind of like the Prius comments - not the prettiest but I don’t worry about anything.

The MME will be in my garage for at least a few more years, but every time I get in the MY I am reminded of the 8 dealer visits I’ve had with the MME in 20 months. That number will soon be 9 since OTAs are stuck on 2.x.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
>
SSM 49810 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - 21 May 2021 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a buzzing noise from the IPC that changes with the brightness setting. This is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle and replacement of the IPC and/or other parts is not recommended. If compared to like vehicles some variation may be noted and should be considered normal.<
Dahyam, that sucks. That would drive me crazy!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Dahyam, that sucks. That would drive me crazy!
Honestly, it varies drastically between cars. Some folks here claim everyone has it while others aren’t as dogmatic. I can’t hear anything in mine but after flying airplanes for more than 45 years with 35 in airliners, I’m surprised I can hear a damn thing. On the bright side, none of my 20 something nieces and nephews can hear anything nor can my 10 year old great nephew. So ….

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, it varies drastically between cars. Some folks here claim everyone has it while others aren’t as dogmatic. I can’t hear anything in mine but after flying airplanes for more than 45 years with 35 in airliners, I’m surprised I can hear a damn thing. On the bright side, none of my 20 something nieces and nephews can hear anything nor can my 10 year old great nephew. So ….
Yeah, my 2022 doesn't have it, but it would drive me crazy if it did, and even crazier that Ford says it "should be considered normal". 😖 That is really bogus.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congratulations on your two-year anniversary, @Mirak! Coincidently today is Ode to Joy's one-year date. (Well technically she arrived at 12:30am on 3/9/2022, but the DMV paperwork says the 8th...🤣) Glad you would buy yours again. I would buy Joy again too. And I agree with all of the pros and cons you list (though I'll have to take your word for Kansas DCFC infrastructure situation since I've not been there - yet). Enjoy your car!
Damn! You people who name your cars. I just call mine the MME or the blue car (sometimes “The Ugly Blue Car”). 🤪🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, my Job 2 2021 car does not have it. My bad ear is blown out but I can’t hear it with my good ear, nor can my nephew’s sub-10 year old kids. It’s definitely something that some cars have and others don’t. 🤷‍♂️🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Damn! You people who name your cars. I just call mine the MME or the blue car (sometimes “The Ugly Blue Car”). 🤪🐩
When I named her Ode to Joy I didn't think of the obvious fact that I could now truly go on "Joy rides" 🤣

(But given the HVBJB hanging over our heads, I decided to not create an Apple Shortcut called "Kill Joy" to turn her off😜)

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
This week is my 1 year anniversary of my White 2022 MME GT. I am retired and live in NH so I only have 7500 miles on the car. I have not had one issue with this car. Not one. I still love this car as much as the day I picked it up. I charge at home and it is easy with no problems.

The only BIG con is that there is no charging infrastructure in Northern New England. A trip through and around the White Mountains is nearly impossible. I have seen no improvement in the past year. Yes, the state plans 4 or 5 fast chargers in a couple of years. If the EV revolution has a downfall the charging infrastructure will be the cause. Just a mess. Totally inconvenient and unreliable all in all unless you own a Tesla. Anyhow that is another subject.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Two years ago today, I flew to Denver to pick up Sonic - my Grabber Blue FE - and drive him home to Wichita. That odyssey is detailed here. Sonic is Blucifer's twin and I was only able to get him due to a cancelled pre-order by @Mach-E VLOG. 29,900 miles later, here is my two-year review....

Much of this is copied from my 1yr review, with updates. I have no regrets. I would absolutely buy it again. My timing was fortuitous because I was able to locate a cancelled pre-order Grabber Blue First Edition at X-Plan pricing just before the global markets went to hell and car prices went through the roof (and have you seen the price at the pump now LOL?!)

Pros:
  • The exterior styling is gorgeous. Way better than the frumpy androgynous people-mover lump of a Model Y, or the Kia EV6 or Hyundai Ionic 5. The Grabber Blue is not only the fastest color - it is gorgeous. It pops in the day and practically glows at night. Fit and finish are flawless. I think it is still the best looking EV on the road in this price class.
  • Mechanically the car is nearly flawless, aside from a couple of issues I'll detail below.
  • My 4X has plenty of giddy up. Not quite as quick as a comparable MY, but not a big enough difference to care.
  • The interior is very comfortable and refined. Nice little touches like blue contrast stitching and soft touch materials give the cabin a very refined feel. Front and rear passenger space is perfectly adequate, and the cabin is quiet - much quieter than the MY.
  • The infotainment screen gives the car a suitably futuristic air while maintaining most of the comforts of a more traditional vehicle. Unlike the MY, I get a driver instrument cluster. Unlike the MY, I don't have to tap into the menu to activate my wipers or open the freaking glove box. And I get that glorious KNOB that is so easy to use (and now multifunction!) The latest 4.1.2 refresh made several nice enhancements, but see one big con below.
  • Trunk and frunk capacity are quite good for a car of this size. The floor lays perfectly flat. Don't believe any numbers that suggest the MY has more cargo capacity - the capacity is basically the same and comes down to the specific dimension of your luggage (or banana boxes).
  • The infotainment screen is generally quite easy to use and responsive, with only a few negatives addressed below.
  • Ford's suite of driver assistance features generally works quite well. Blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alerts, adaptive cruise control, and lane centering all work well. BlueCruise Hands Free is nice on long highway drives, but there are cons listed below.
  • PAAK generally works well, at least once I'm in the car, but see cons below.
Cons:
  • Public charging remains my biggest complaint. Two years later, the network has not meaningfully improved in Kansas. Midwest road trips require careful planning and if the charging station doesn't work, you're in for a major headache. Not having 800v architecture is becoming a more evident deficiency when it comes to charging speed.
  • OTA updates are still painfully slow to deploy. An update typically takes months to be pushed to all cars. Even in Early Access, I had to wait over a month to receive 4.1.2 and I ultimately had to make a trip to the service center to get "unstuck."
  • TWO YEARS LATER, I still cannot turn off the Alarm Interior Motion Sensors.
  • TWO YEARS LATER, my car still reverts to Guest Profile every time I remote start.
  • TWO YEARS LATER, I still don't have one-tap access to open my trunk.
  • Ford's latest UI refresh whiffed on some softballs, detailed here.
  • The "sport tuned" suspension is stiffer than I would like.
  • BlueCruise Hands Free cuts out sometimes, and not just on curves. Ford wants me to pay $600 (plus tax) by end of this month to subscribe for another three years, but has not committed to giving me BC1.2. I'm not going to subscribe to software unless Ford commits to keep it updated with the latest version.
  • PAAK frequently makes me wait several seconds before allowing me to open the doors from the outside. Once I'm in the car, it almost always detects the key.
  • The driver screen buzzes. Ford replaced my screen and the new one buzzes less, but it's still there. Weird that Ford can't source a driver screen that is silent like the much larger infotainment screen.
  • Communication from Ford is generally poor. Don't get me wrong, as an early adopter and vociferous forum participant, Ford has interacted with me several times at a fairly high level, and I appreciate that. But Ford could clear up a lot of confusion if it would provide more detail as to what various updates do. There's a ton that we just don't know, and it makes things like tracking down bug resolutions quite difficult.
  • FordPass could be cleaner, and put essential charge management on the home page.
Some of these gripes are fairly minor, some are not, but overall I love the car and I would do it again. The only reason I'd recommend anyone buy a Tesla at this point is if they (1) take so many road trips that they need the greater DCFC reliability, or (2) if they plan to drop the $12,500 extra on Full Self Driving.

Great job @Ford Motor Company!! But seriously, read the Super Poll and get us more of these software enhancements!
Most of that is spot-on for me too. My 2-year anniversary was 2 weeks ago. 33k miles. Most of mine are road trip miles though (~25k). Overall quite happy, although certainly some issues. The HVBJB hit me last fall while on a road trip. Had to leave it there for a month.

Some of the tech is spotty, like PAAK. So I don't bother with it. Fobs work fine. We're ok carrying them like we have for 50 years. For something as important as starting the car, I'm not trusting it all to the cell phone+PAAK. Since I'm carrying a fob anyway, no need for PAAK.

I prefer to steer the car myself so I don't care about BlueCruise. Won't be buying it when the free trial expires.

I love Android Auto and Google Maps, so I don't bother with the Ford nav.

Easiest fix for the guest profile annoyance... turn Personal Profiles OFF. I did that a month after buying the car, and haven't had a problem since (with that). We have 2 drivers in the house and we're fine both using the same settings (except seat/mirror which is tied to the 1-2-3 door buttons and the fobs, which work fine). All the other settings just stay as they were last set like cars have done for years. Easy-peasy.

I know were leaving some features that we paid for on the table by not bothering to use them, but that's OK. Just because they're there doesn't mean we have to use them. I've never used auto-park either. 😁

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Easiest fix for the guest profile annoyance... turn Personal Profiles OFF. I did that a month after buying the car, and haven't had a problem since (with that). We have 2 drivers in the house and we're fine both using the same settings (except seat/mirror which is tied to the 1-2-3 door buttons and the fobs, which work fine). All the other settings just stay as they were last set like cars have done for years. Easy-peasy.

I know were leaving some features that we paid for on the table by not bothering to use them, but that's OK. Just because they're there doesn't mean we have to use them. I've never used auto-park either. 😁
Yup - that’s the easiest fix as long as you don’t care about profiles. That’s what I do. It’s just a silly bug and my frustration stems from fact that this, and several other bugs, should be easy to fix, but Ford hasn’t done it two years later!

And I’ve never used the park-assist, either.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Two years ago today, I flew to Denver to pick up Sonic - my Grabber Blue FE - and drive him home to Wichita. That odyssey is detailed here. Sonic is Blucifer's twin and I was only able to get him due to a cancelled pre-order by @Mach-E VLOG. 29,900 miles later, here is my two-year review....

Much of this is copied from my 1yr review, with updates. I have no regrets. I would absolutely buy it again. My timing was fortuitous because I was able to locate a cancelled pre-order Grabber Blue First Edition at X-Plan pricing just before the global markets went to hell and car prices went through the roof (and have you seen the price at the pump now LOL?!)

Pros:
  • The exterior styling is gorgeous. Way better than the frumpy androgynous people-mover lump of a Model Y, or the Kia EV6 or Hyundai Ionic 5. The Grabber Blue is not only the fastest color - it is gorgeous. It pops in the day and practically glows at night. Fit and finish are flawless. I think it is still the best looking EV on the road in this price class.
  • Mechanically the car is nearly flawless, aside from a couple of issues I'll detail below.
  • My 4X has plenty of giddy up. Not quite as quick as a comparable MY, but not a big enough difference to care.
  • The interior is very comfortable and refined. Nice little touches like blue contrast stitching and soft touch materials give the cabin a very refined feel. Front and rear passenger space is perfectly adequate, and the cabin is quiet - much quieter than the MY.
  • The infotainment screen gives the car a suitably futuristic air while maintaining most of the comforts of a more traditional vehicle. Unlike the MY, I get a driver instrument cluster. Unlike the MY, I don't have to tap into the menu to activate my wipers or open the freaking glove box. And I get that glorious KNOB that is so easy to use (and now multifunction!) The latest 4.1.2 refresh made several nice enhancements, but see one big con below.
  • Trunk and frunk capacity are quite good for a car of this size. The floor lays perfectly flat. Don't believe any numbers that suggest the MY has more cargo capacity - the capacity is basically the same and comes down to the specific dimension of your luggage (or banana boxes).
  • The infotainment screen is generally quite easy to use and responsive, with only a few negatives addressed below.
  • Ford's suite of driver assistance features generally works quite well. Blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alerts, adaptive cruise control, and lane centering all work well. BlueCruise Hands Free is nice on long highway drives, but there are cons listed below.
  • PAAK generally works well, at least once I'm in the car, but see cons below.
Cons:
  • Public charging remains my biggest complaint. Two years later, the network has not meaningfully improved in Kansas. Midwest road trips require careful planning and if the charging station doesn't work, you're in for a major headache. Not having 800v architecture is becoming a more evident deficiency when it comes to charging speed.
  • OTA updates are still painfully slow to deploy. An update typically takes months to be pushed to all cars. Even in Early Access, I had to wait over a month to receive 4.1.2 and I ultimately had to make a trip to the service center to get "unstuck."
  • TWO YEARS LATER, I still cannot turn off the Alarm Interior Motion Sensors.
  • TWO YEARS LATER, I still don't have one-tap access to open my trunk.
  • Ford's latest UI refresh whiffed on some softballs, detailed here.
  • The "sport tuned" suspension is stiffer than I would like.
  • BlueCruise Hands Free cuts out sometimes, and not just on curves. Ford wants me to pay $600 (plus tax) by end of this month to subscribe for another three years, but has not committed to giving me BC1.2. I'm not going to subscribe to software unless Ford commits to keep it updated with the latest version.
  • PAAK frequently makes me wait several seconds before allowing me to open the doors from the outside. Once I'm in the car, it almost always detects the key.
  • The driver screen buzzes. Ford replaced my screen and the new one buzzes less, but it's still there. Weird that Ford can't source a driver screen that is silent like the much larger infotainment screen.
  • Communication from Ford is generally poor. Don't get me wrong, as an early adopter and vociferous forum participant, Ford has interacted with me several times at a fairly high level, and I appreciate that. But Ford could clear up a lot of confusion if it would provide more detail as to what various updates do. There's a ton that we just don't know, and it makes things like tracking down bug resolutions quite difficult.
  • FordPass could be cleaner, and put essential charge management on the home page.
Some of these gripes are fairly minor, some are not, but overall I love the car and I would do it again. The only reason I'd recommend anyone buy a Tesla at this point is if they (1) take so many road trips that they need the greater DCFC reliability, or (2) if they plan to drop the $12,500 extra on Full Self Driving.

Great job @Ford Motor Company!! But seriously, read the Super Poll and get us more of these software enhancements!
I live in Missouri. The general dearth of DCFC chargers in Northern Missouri is horrible. KC is a vast wasteland of DCFC charging, whereas St. Louis is fairly well covered. Strange. Iowa, on the other hand has quite a few, especially in the DM, Ames, Iowa City areas.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Like I always say - every one of my gripes with this car stems from the half baked technology. The car is perfect, built Ford tough, sturdy, responsive, and fun to drive.

The tech leaves SOOOOO much to be desired. Luckily, it is possible for them to fix these things via OTA. Unfortunately, they have shown they are incompetent at delivering OTAs.
Sponsored