Ambient Light Missing in Settings

• Thread starter Deleted member 3663
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
OP
OP

Deleted member 3663

Is there a way for an end-user (me) to edit the AsBuilt data?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
something is definitely weird about this. Almost like it in some sort of locked mode. Update us when they figure it out.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Is there a way for an end-user (me) to edit the AsBuilt data?
in theory you could do this yourself with an OBD-II dongle and FORscan or something but honestly I'd just have your dealer do it unless the earlier part of this sentence is something you're 100% comfortable with and understand. shouldn't take too long for your dealer. (*)

(*) "shouldn't" is a key word (**)
(**) and yes you shouldn't have to deal with this at all

OP
OP

Deleted member 3663

Thanks. I haven't seen any results showing FORscan working for the Mach-E (in BETA), so doesn't appear to be an option.. unless I just couldn't find the answer. I sent an email off to my dealer. Thanks for the reply.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Sounds to me like your car may have gotten the wrong AsBuilt data programmed into it. This tells sync what features your car has or doesn't have. If you edit that you can enable things that weren't optioned on your car, or disable them.
So if the Selects do not have ambient lighting, is it possible that this car has (at least partly) Select software? I wonder what else a Select does not have that the 4X's have that the OP could look for as another clue?

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Maybe they installed the wrong software package in your car?? Like perhaps the one for a model that doesn't have ambient lighting?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So if the Selects do not have ambient lighting, is it possible that this car has (at least partly) Select software? I wonder what else a Select does not have that the 4X's have that the OP could look for as another clue?
If its anything like older vehicles, The software is the same for all cars. The AsBuilt data is basically a configuration file that tells the computer what the car is, and what options are installed.

This is why you can make older sync units show the Lincoln theme, or enable software features that aren't available in your car, or add on hardware and enable the menu options for it.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If its anything like older vehicles, The software is the same for all cars. The AsBuilt data is basically a configuration file that tells the computer what the car is, and what options are installed.

This is why you can make older sync units show the Lincoln theme, or enable software features that aren't available in your car, or add on hardware and enable the menu options for it.
Yeah it should essentially be an on/off flag in the configuration file, the actual "software" for that menu should be in every car but only displayed when "HasAmbientLight=Yes" (making that up) or whatever is set in the config.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks. I haven't seen any results showing FORscan working for the Mach-E (in BETA), so doesn't appear to be an option.. unless I just couldn't find the answer. I sent an email off to my dealer. Thanks for the reply.
You can edit asbuilt data. However, the problem is that no one knows what any of the values are to change. There are a ton more values on this car than any I've had before.

This is an example of what the data looks like:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ambient Light Missing in Settings 1617919304289

OP
OP

Deleted member 3663

This is now resolved.

Ford rebuilt the AsBuilt data for my car. A tech at Ford today simply flashed my vehicle with the file he received from Ford, took a few minutes. No settings were lost.

I now can see the Ambient Light settings.

Thanks to @benk016 (and others) as his suggestion I passed onto the dealer, and the dealer got hold of Ford with this info about the AsBuilt needing to be fixed, which led to Ford fixing the issue.

Stouff

First Name
Lara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Country flag
No. Voice control is the last on the list, nothing below that.
I have the same issue - did you ever find a fix to it? Did you go back to the dealership to get an update? It say that I am updated, but still don’t see the ambient lighting under voice control!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have the same issue - did you ever find a fix to it? Did you go back to the dealership to get an update? It say that I am updated, but still don’t see the ambient lighting under voice control!
The solution was detailed in the post right before yours. Just to confirm, which model is your MME?

cleave

First Name
cleave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mache
Occupation
civil servant
Country flag
picked up my new car here in the Uk and my ambient light button is missing - any ideas

cleave

First Name
cleave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mache
Occupation
civil servant
Country flag
did you get this sorted

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
picked up my new car here in the Uk and my ambient light button is missing - any ideas
Which trim and options do you have? Not all have ambient lighting. I'm not positive, but I think only AWD models have ambient lighting in the UK.

You could raise the center armrest and look for a small LED near its pivot point. This is probably only present when equipped with ambient lighting.
Sponsored