Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
so having multiple fords in my driveway, and owning multiples you've got to realize that this(your cruise warning) also could've been due to a sensor being blocked. I've had a few times on vehicles something be on one of those sensors and cause this. Road grime, bugs, dirt, etc. Also, im going to go out on a limb and say had you went into your settings and disabled adaptive cruise, normal cruise would've worked.

Also, this forum is an absolute breeding ground for whining and complaining, pissing and moaning about things that do/don't work. Its like business reviews. You either get the extremely happy people or the dissatisfied ones who feel compelled to voice their opinion. The average joe whos had minimal issues/or is just satisfied will say nothing and only chime in for simple things. We are referring to man made machines made by man made machines, things go wrong, things happen and some need to realize this is the first year, first months, of the first of this type of vehicle for Ford, DURING A PANDEMIC... things are going to possibly be a little off.. Not one... NOT ONE single new model has EVER went off with zero issues. Welcome to the automotive world.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Clearly no one is saying the loss of power and turtle icon are a quirk. It is also rare (a handful of the >5000 users here). That ratio is still horrible and shouldn't have happened, but probably not out of line for any brand new platform.

The obvious complete failure of the dealerships and technicians being available is definitely unacceptable but not surprising. I charitably graded them with a "D" on service/logistics because they appear to be flying the few trained techs and spare parts to where they're needed.

The radio presets not restoring, or the seats not automatically returning to set position, or the issue with PaaK are indeed quirks. No one has reported being stuck on the road due to paak issues - that's why Ford wisely included an override with manually entered codes.

You still didn't answer the question I asked. Regardless, if your gut tells you it is unacceptable then please don't buy the car - for everyone's sake. You'll never be happy with it, but someone else will.

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I've been in IT my entire career...bugs exist, always will exist and it's honestly a pipe dream to be of the position that you don't accept it. This is not the type of car for a Karen....patience working through issues that you experience is going to be a requirement for it to be considered a good fit. This is the mentality Telsa owners have come to accept and they've been at it a whole lot longer (EV wise) than Ford.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
so having multiple fords in my driveway, and owning multiples you've got to realize that this(your cruise warning) also could've been due to a sensor being blocked. I've had a few times on vehicles something be on one of those sensors and cause this. Road grime, bugs, dirt, etc. Also, im going to go out on a limb and say had you went into your settings and disabled adaptive cruise, normal cruise would've worked.
I checked that. Pulled off into a parking lot. Shut the car off, checked all sensors and cameras, and restarted and still had the issue.

Also, as I posted above, Normal cruise control gave the same error. And it gave a different error that I forgot to take a pic of when switching between cruise modes.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I mean come on, you have to be realistic. Even ICE cars have an acceptable % of vehicles sold that have major drivetrain issues out of the total number of vehicles that leave the factory, for one reason or another. It could be any bad component on an ICE engine too, I'm not saying the actual motor or transmission dies, same with the MME. I have yet to see someone saying they're getting a full motor replacement in their MME.

I think I agree with others that if this is your outlook on things based on one forum, you probably shouldn't get the car until maybe 2022 or 2023, because you're going to see everything as a major issue, or unacceptable issue, when in reality it's perfectly in parameters of not only total number of vehicles sold but total number of vehicles sold on a brand new, never created before, platform. And as it was said above, also during a massive pandemic which is causing issues of it's own.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I think OP is doing a good job of asking questions and receiving feedback to try troubleshooting which is the right method...those of us responding as you're taking it are responding to you. No one is saying what you've suggested here to OP. They are providing feedback for troubleshooting steps. Whining doesn't solve problems.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm not super upset about it. The car still drove, just had some convenience features not working. This time.

My main point on this is to document issues as they happen. Maybe use it as a place to point Ford if they dig into it.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually finally have a case open with Ford about my navigation not showing any streets on the maps. I might be able to get these issues in there as well while I have a direct contact into Ford Customer service.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
I've been lurking for a little while and it amazes me how fast "my car broke" posts bring out people who act like they're being personally attacked because someone else has a legitimate concern.

this forum is an absolute breeding ground for whining and complaining, pissing and moaning
Amen

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The thing is that a battery replacement on an EV is the same thing as a fuel pump replacement on an ICE. How many new ICE cars end up having a fuel pump issue that needs to be looked at? Maybe look up some stats on that. Just because you 'don't know anybody that's had these problems' doesn't mean they don't exist. You can't really be saying every other EV that's ever been sold hasn't had these issues? That's amazingly unrealistic.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I actually finally have a case open with Ford about my navigation not showing any streets on the maps. I might be able to get these issues in there as well while I have a direct contact into Ford Customer service.
Hoping your FE has a quick recovery.

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
You should check out GM-Volt forum. Just as many issues as you see here, and that is for a car that has been out 10 years now and some of the issues are the same you see here, like display issues and the car losing power suddenly. In my 3.5 years of Volt ownership, I had one problem with a power module that took two visits to resolve. The first visit they updated software and when the problem returned, they replaced the module. From my perspective, the Volt was an outstanding vehicle, but from reading the forum you would have thought it was the worst car ever.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The vast majority of MME owners do not have these issues. The Macheforum.com is a very small sampling of owners and most posts are in the "I have this problem .." nature. The fact that these are a small percentage of owners is of no solace to those with these troubles, but most of us don't and won't have the issue.
Sponsored