Anybody else agonizing over color choice?

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I feel your pain! I originally ordered a MME PE in infinite blue. Then ordered a FE during the Mach Drop in Grabber Blue. Both are still on order with the FE scheduled for production first. I still have a decision to make.

Real-world photos of MMEs in grabber blue look paler/lighter when compared to Ford's pictures in their marketing materials. Ford's roadshow hasn't made it to Atlanta. I really don't know what to expect when I eventually see grabber blue in person.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I feel your pain! I originally ordered a MME PE in infinite blue. Then ordered a FE during the Mach Drop in Grabber Blue. Both are still on order with the FE scheduled for production first. I still have a decision to make.

Real-world photos of MMEs in grabber blue look paler/lighter when compared to Ford's pictures in their marketing materials. Ford's roadshow hasn't made it to Atlanta. I really don't know what to expect when I eventually see grabber blue in person.
Both are really nice, each look different in different light or time of day. I see the IB as more mainstream subtle and the GB as more of a less common kinda flashy color. Ive seen the IB in person and it made me second guess my Rapid Red, but no IB for the FE model. If I did it again I would go with the IB but happy with my choice of RR.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
This is why they have different colors @Liv. I’d cancel my order and never look at the MME again if my choices were CyberOrange, Grabber Blue or Rapid Red. I actually like the 587 shades of gray and white we have.

And those choices are why we can all be more or less happy with whichever flavor of Mach-e we choose.

btw, welcome aboard. :)
Whereas, I love the Rapid Red. Or the Black. ;)

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would have loved to see Ice Storm #2 that we had on our 2013 Ford Fusion Energi!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? 20151113_145618

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Whereas, I love the Rapid Red. Or the Black. ;)
I’m over having red cars atm. We have two right now, one after the MME arrives (7th Thursday in April. :p) Time for a change is all. We chose shade 322 in the 587 shades of grey. ;)

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I’m over having red cars atm. We have two right now, one after the MME arrives (7th Thursday in April. :p) Time for a change is all. We chose shade 322 in the 587 shades of grey. ;)
I thought there were 50 shades of grey? ;)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would have loved to see Ice Storm #2 that we had on our 2013 Ford Fusion Energi!
that was a nice color. I almost got my 2014 C-Max in this color, but ended up with Candy Blue.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Vivvid Satin Rose Gold

I don't want to sound too picky, but the actual color on the car seems more coppery and not as pink as the demo image, unless it is a lighting issue. Either way, very interesting options we will have if we choose to change our colors.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I was definitely agonizing over colour as I originally put my reservation in before seeing in person. Just this morning I pulled the trigger and took advantage of an available car and switched from a carbon grey to a rapid red. Upgraded to FE as well. I feel a lot happier now... all that’s left is to wait the month out till it’s expected to arrive.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I was definitely agonizing over colour as I originally put my reservation in before seeing in person. Just this morning I pulled the trigger and took advantage of an available car and switched from a carbon grey to a rapid red. Upgraded to FE as well. I feel a lot happier now... all that’s left is to wait the month out till it’s expected to arrive.
Nice!

Did you facilitate this change with your dealer or directly with the customer who cancelled?

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Nice!

Did you facilitate this change with your dealer or directly with the customer who cancelled?
I actually did it separately with two dealers. First I found on my Facebook stream that a local dealer had the FE available, then I Cancelled my original order with one and made the new purchase with the other. I tried to get the dealer to just do a trade amongst dealers but the dealership with the FE had no interest and due to some issues i had with my original dealer i had no concerns changing dealers and they let me out of my deal with no penalty. They expect no issues being able to sell it.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Here’s another story:

I was recently at Target and saw a beautiful current model year Mustang pull in near my parking spot. I walked past it on the way in and smiled. This HAD TO BE Carbonized Gray from the looks of it. Dark and menacing, but definitely not black.

On my way out from Target I noticed that two young ladies were inside of the car. I boldly walked up to their car, wearing a mask, and waved at them to speak with me. They looked startled and confused. I shouted, “Do you remember the name of the color of your Mustang? Is it Carbonized Gray?” The driver smiled (after realizing I meant them no harm) and said “No it’s Magnetic Gray.”

After a quick search online I found that Magnetic gray is at least two shades darker (or more) than Carbonized Gray. WHY did Ford have to change a good thing???:eek:o_O

So still no settled feeling that I will like it when/if I go with it.
My 2015 Fusion and 2019 Escape were both Magnetic, and I absolutely love the color. I have a Carbonized Gray FE being built right now, and I do have to say I'm a little worried that the color is going to look like the Sterling Gray Metallic that was available prior to Magnetic. I wasn't a fan of that color at all, but Rapid Red and Grabber Blue were just too bold for me as the other FE choices available, so I'll 'settle' for my MME as-is. ?
Sponsored