Anyone else having trouble deciding? Mach-E GT?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Reference for that? As far as I know it's not set to expire, however it does start declining once a manufacturer reaches 200,000 qualifying vehicles sold, and ford was down to 86,000 remaining for Ford sometime last year, so that is a risk.... as the tax rebate decreases over a number of quarters after that point, so it might be half tax credit by the time the GT ships if it's too late for the full credit, but doubt it would be eliminated by then.
Struggling to find it. It was an article published this year about Trump signing off on the renewal of this tax credit and some others related to energy efficiency and I remember it referencing an expiration date of end of this year. I am assuming it’s one of those credits that needs sign off to be renewed each year (or the article didn’t know what it was talking about).

During my search, I did find several articles from March 2019 that indicated the current administration wasn’t a fan of the EV tax credit and was tossing around the idea of eliminating it at some point. https://electrek.co/2019/03/11/trumps-budget-kills-federal-tax-credit-for-electric-vehicle-fail/

EDIT: this may be have been the article I was thinking of, but not sure if fuel cell vehicles here just means hydrogen:https://electrek.co/2019/12/18/us-e...s-motorcycles-fuel-cells-again-retroactively/
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m hoping the $7500 tax credit doesn’t get slashed in 2021, as it’s set to expire at the end of 2020 with no guarantee of renewal
There seems to be some confusion between the tax credit law in general and the phase-out for individual manufacturers as they reach 200k sales. Some of the reporting has been terrible (misleading), like this one that says "The U.S. Congress has declined to extend a $7,500 tax credit for electric vehicles." That scares people into thinking the whole program is expiring. No, it's just the usual phase-out for individual manufacturers that's always been there.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/16/ev-tax-credit-federal-budget-deal/

Of course, nothing prevents Congress from changing tax law at any time. That's always the case. Some want to eliminate the tax break since it goes almost entirely to higher income taxpayers (ya kinda have to be to afford a $50k+ vehicle). But the law is not set to expire, meaning it only goes away if/when Congress explicitly passes legislation to change/end it. And that seems unlikely. A proposal to expand it beyond 200k vehicles failed late last year, which just means it contiues as is.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I'm waiting to test drive one and actual specs to be released on the long range AWD and long range RWD versions.

I have an AWD model 3 LR that I realistically see about 280 miles out of. I would like for the Mach E to at least get that for my driving style, so hoping they exceed 270 miles EPA on the AWD. I really don't want to go back to a RWD vehicle, so we will see.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like for the Mach E to at least get that for my driving style, so hoping they exceed 270 miles EPA on the AWD. I really don't want to go back to a RWD vehicle, so we will see.
And similarly, hoping for more than 210 on the AWD SR. That would make saving $5000 on the battery even sweeter. :cool:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The thing making me want to switch is being able to get a vehicle sooner (lack of patience
Until the GT is out, and you then wish you had been patient in the first place. After seeing the GT show car, it would be hard to compromise now. I just wish the configurator showed the high end wheels and glass roof options on the GT pre-order page.

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Until the GT is out, and you then wish you had been patient in the first place. After seeing the GT show car, it would be hard to compromise now. I just wish the configurator showed the high end wheels and glass roof options on the GT pre-order page.
Agreed it's just much more aggressive looking IMO. You've seen the high end wheels already though right?

One of the best OEM wheels I've seen in recent times. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else having trouble deciding? Mach-E GT? mustang-mach-e-gt-grabber-blue-4-

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else having trouble deciding? Mach-E GT? Mustang Mach-E GT Wheels

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'd like to see the prices for the glassroof and tech packages that match the Premium.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else having trouble deciding? Mach-E GT? Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 11.45.03 AM

First Edition wheels are nice too, but the GT wheels definitely win.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
For anyone that has seen both a premium and a GT up close (or maybe even sat in both at LA), is there a discernible difference in seat comfort? I believe the GT seats are supposed to be more bolstered. It’s sportier but I imagine it could impact comfort.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Many (all?) of the places it's been shown they stated the interior seating isn't the final prod quality.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
But the second best selling Ford Escape plug in hybrid is coming out very shortly and the 2020 Fusion energi is still available. They may not sell a lot of the plug in versions, but it’s not nothing.
The Escape PHEV is only in Front Wheel drive. It has a 14kWh HVB but likely only around 11.2kWh of usable capacity. This is a liquid cooled HVB. The Fusion Energi has an "air-cooled" HVB which will lead to degraded capacity with excess EV driving and heat.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Escape PHEV is only in Front Wheel drive. It has a 14kWh HVB but likely only around 11.2kWh of usable capacity. This is a liquid cooled HVB. The Fusion Energi has an "air-cooled" HVB which will lead to degraded capacity with excess EV driving and heat.
I think his point was simply in regards to the number of units that could count against the 200,000 limit for the $7500 federal tax credit.

duckhunt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
It’s not just faster acceleration and dressed up looks. GT’s magneride suspension will also be exclusive to the GT model.
This is what has me heavily leaning towards the GT. I'd really like to see reviews if the Magneride makes that much of a difference.

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
This is what has me heavily leaning towards the GT. I'd really like to see reviews if the Magneride makes that much of a difference.
It makes a difference on ICE mustang, so I think it will make a difference on the EV mustang. Please see the below videos.

Sponsored