Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyone encounter gawkers while driving their Mach-E? It’s flattering, although a little scary when you nearly get sideswiped.
Regularly. Most are driving safely, some are not. I definitely get nervous every time I see someone is doing video while driving.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Happens all the time. Drives me nuts when you get boxed in by people looking at the car. I went to pass someone the other day with cruise control on and the sped up and matched my pace. It was really annoying because then I couldn't get over to pass someone else until he slowed down.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
yeah had a guy almost sideswipe us trying to get a look on the freeway LOL.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I was driving my dad's 1910 Model T when some lady came up along side of me and started taking pictures, weaving back and forth in her lane. She then proceeded to swerve into a ditch on the side of the road. It was slightly unnerving since I was sitting on essentially a padded milk crate with neither doors nor a seatbelt.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Happens all the time. Drives me nuts when you get boxed in by people looking at the car. I went to pass someone the other day with cruise control on and the sped up and matched my pace. It was really annoying because then I couldn't get over to pass someone else until he slowed down.
Same for me. I am trying to move over to make my exit and other drivers are just pacing me. I get boxed in a lot and it's a bit un-nerving at times. Hopefully Ford can build and ship more cars soon so they can bother those people. :)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Pulled into Freddy's. we sit down people keep going to the door looking at the car. the workers also. One waitress I heard said I will ask him. A woman walked over asked how is everything, which I said great. When the food order came up and I went to pick it up. The workers all huddled around and one asked if that the new mustang. Told them yes.

When we left guy asked me about the mache when we were leaving while I unplugged it from the tesla charger. Got all caught and forgot to take a video of it working.

Anywhere you go it's talked about. The more rural area you are in. The more likely to be the only one.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Yes! Someone in this forum said recently, “I’ve never been so popular.” My dealer said, “Prepare to be popular.” I’ve been invited twice in my life to “race” while driving. Yeah, both times last week which was my first week with my GB FE. I parked inadvertently near a Starbucks drive through where everyone driving through drove by me and the employees at the window loomed right at me. Literally almost everyone looked, waved, took photos. Crazy.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Anyone encounter gawkers while driving their Mach-E? It’s flattering, although a little scary when you nearly get sideswiped.
All positive comments so far. Its being well received by the public, except for the "not a mustang" trolls.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Same for me. I am trying to move over to make my exit and other drivers are just pacing me. I get boxed in a lot and it's a bit un-nerving at times. Hopefully Ford can build and ship more cars soon so they can bother those people. :)
Yes, please...I hope to be one of those people helping to provide another distraction sometime soon. My ETA date was yesterday and I'm really anxious.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
yeah had a guy almost sideswipe us trying to get a look on the freeway LOL.
A guy barely kissed my bumper while we were waiting in a line and I threw my hands up like "look but don't touch." Another one almost caused an accident or two slowing down on a 4 lane road to gawk. I don't mind the fascination but it's not like it's a flying car... I wish people would be safe.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
My mother-in-law told me yesterday that she finally saw ANOTHER MME driving around our city. On one hand, I am glad that someone else (perhaps a forum member?) finally took delivery of their car, but it was fun being the only show in town for a while. At least the other one isn't Grabber Blue...

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Yep. It is really funny watching in a parking lot some times. I watch one guy walk into antoher car just staring at mine as he walked by it.
The other fun time was today at my wife Covid shot. The lady getting my wife's info was getting everything and saw the screen. Next thing you know is her saying "wait..." steps back look at the side of the car "is this the new Mach e that my son has been telling me about. He wants one" and then proceed to just look over it. It was rather funny. She did not even know the car was electric until she saw the charging port and ask "Is that were the gas goes". I proceed to explain the car is electric and a blast to drive.
Then another person kept looking at ti strange as the mustang badge threw them off and they were trying to figure out did Ford make an SUV mustang.
A lot better then people on the road just staying at it and boxing me in.