jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am just frosted trying to figure this out. I found the fuse box, but you have to remove the whole frunk to get to the fuses. I know the DSP is in the rear passenger side area, but I don't want to mess up the car getting into it. Anyone seen a video on how to get into the dsp? I am confident if I can unplug the dsp and plug it back in, I will have audio again, but I don't want to pull the whole frunk out to do it. The dealer did it once for me, and it worked for 24 hours. They think my WIFI is messing with it, and I would like to see if the changes we made resolve this issue.
For mine to work they had to update the DSP. Something only the dealership can do. :-(
Sponsored

oldguardmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For mine to work they had to update the DSP. Something only the dealership can do. :-(
Yeah, firmware didn't fix mine, and I hate to have to keep driving it to the dealer to reset the radio... The fuse is inaccessible to anyone who doesn't want to take the car apart in the front end, and it looks like the DSP in the back could be reset by unplugging it, but I am not about to start pulling parts of the car out back there either without knowing how viable that is.

We have reverted to using bluetooth speakers with our phones in the car until they figure this all out. They get it back tomorrow, so hopefully they can figure it out.

Last edited:

oldguardmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I do want to say that my dealer has been all over this. I hear from them almost daily. I don't really have any concerns with the Dealer. I wish the car had come out of the gate correctly the first time, but I have had top notch support from Apple Ford in Maryland.

Last edited:

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I do what to say that my dealer has been all over this. I hear from them almost daily. I don't really have any concerns with the Dealer. I wish the car had come out of the gate correctly the first time, but I have had top notch support from Apple Ford in Maryland.
Gotta say I wonder if this is one of the QC items delaying cars in KC?

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I went to the dealership to ask about my audio issue and they said they heard from Big Ford, and figured out it was the DSP, like the others here. But the part isn’t supposed to come in till this weekend.

So I asked if I could take it back until it came in, and they said ok.

Kind of surprised they didn’t offer that to me right off the bat, since nothing else is wrong. I would rather have my MME, than the Escape they gave me as a loaner. ?
The part came in, and I had to wait till today until I had time to bring it back in.

Everything is working fine. Hopefully this is the end of my issues.

FYI, I saw a couple comments about people kissing settings and had to reset up Car Play and PAAK. Both times they worked on mine everything was still there. I didn’t have to set anything up again.

Here’s the work order.
F70C1BA3-B4E9-4864-98D1-EC9939FD3391.jpeg

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
Looks like my one week old MME has succumbed to the same lack of audio disease. I'll have to bring it back to the dealership for repairs but I'll be armed with all the above info. So thank you for this thread. I lost my audio immediately after I finished charging at an Electrify America station. It was working fine until I started my vehicle after my charging was completed to 80%. Was the DC fast charge the cause or was it a coincidence? Hmmm........

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Looks like my one week old MME has succumbed to the same lack of audio disease. I'll have to bring it back to the dealership for repairs but I'll be armed with all the above info. So thank you for this thread. I lost my audio immediately after I finished charging at an Electrify America station. It was working fine until I started my vehicle after my charging was completed to 80%. Was the DC fast charge the cause or was it a coincidence? Hmmm........
Good question, I want to say it was a coincidence, because if charging could be throwing energy to wrong components, that is a bigger concern.

ncmagus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select, AWD
Country flag
I received my car yesterday. I know the audio was working at that time. This morning, i went to play with the car to learn how every thing works and... I have a weird audio problem, not quite sure it fit with was you guys had, but would appreciate if you could confirm !

First, i'm unable to get audio from android auto (tried podcast addict and ds audio). I noticed the audio was off (in the middle of the volume knob, there's no orange light)
Then, i switched to the radio. When i change the channel, i hear the radio for 1-2 second, then it stop and i have a message saying the audio is deactivated.

The fact that when i switch channel i do hear a little bit, i guess it's not related to the amplifier not working ? It does look like a software problem, but all i could found is amplifier related.

The car was in the garage, still plugged in, and i didn't have the key with me (only my cellphone which was enough to unlock and start the car)

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I received my car yesterday. I know the audio was working at that time. This morning, i went to play with the car to learn how every thing works and... I have a weird audio problem, not quite sure it fit with was you guys had, but would appreciate if you could confirm !

First, i'm unable to get audio from android auto (tried podcast addict and ds audio). I noticed the audio was off (in the middle of the volume knob, there's no orange light)
Then, i switched to the radio. When i change the channel, i hear the radio for 1-2 second, then it stop and i have a message saying the audio is deactivated.

The fact that when i switch channel i do hear a little bit, i guess it's not related to the amplifier not working ? It does look like a software problem, but all i could found is amplifier related.

The car was in the garage, still plugged in, and i didn't have the key with me (only my cellphone which was enough to unlock and start the car)
Seems slightly different but the fix could be related. Contact your dealer. Sorry this happened to you.

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hello everyone. I just got my Mach E, and to my surprise the audio system is not working at all. Radio, car play, Bluetooth audio, nothing works. Has anyone faced this issue ?

thank you.
Joao.
I picked up my Mach E last Monday the 29th. Friday morning, no sound or volume control. No propulsion sound either. Have you got yours repaired. If so, what was the fix? I have a service appointment in the morning, hopefully they are all talking to each other and have come up with a plan.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Ugh - I'm in the same boat. Mach E delivery on 3/6. Audio stopped working yesterday. Only sounds that work on the safety related sounds.

No radio, no phone, no propulsion sound.

Contacting the dealer this morning to remediate.

Russtang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
My audio went out a couple of days ago. I took it into the dealership today . I was able to tell them most of the info that was listed in this thread. One of the connectors on the DSP module was not seated. It was fixed after seating the connector and updating the DSP. Here is the work order in case it helps anyone in the future.

6D6B600D-CCA3-4C42-B874-B4A2928D6BC9.jpeg

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
As a follow up to my original comment above and after reading about similar issues other Mach E owners are having per this thread, the Dealership was able to perform a master reboot of the system. The invoice does state that the module (I assume the DSP) is working after reset. It also looks like they checked the connections (I assume that is what is meant by "checked pin fitment"). Nonetheless the Audio is back up and running along with the bluetooth and propulsion sounds. The service manager also told me the system may go out again until a OTA or service request comes from Ford. This thread was a help to the service department at my dealership. Thank you.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio System Not Working Mach E Audio repair

Last edited:
OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
As a follow up to my original comment above and after reading about similar issues other Mach E owners are having per this thread, the Dealership was able to perform a master reboot of the system. The invoice does state that the module (I assume the DSP) is working after reset. It also looks like they checked the connections (I assume that is what is meant by "checked pin fitment"). Nonetheless the Audio is back up and running along with the bluetooth and propulsion sounds. The service manager also told me the system may go out again until a OTA or service request comes from Ford. This thread was a help to the service department at my dealership. Thank you.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio System Not Working Mach E Audio repair
If it goes out again, it is not an OTA that will fix it. It is the DSP module that might need to be updated on their end. Keep an eye out, if it stops again take it back and tell them to double check the DSP.