Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Do not like it at all since it stays too far left in lane. Our tesla y auto pilot is amazing and sold on its ability to drive hands free. We have a free trial but not something worth 15000.
Interesting - mine stays too far right. My Tesla 3 ping ponged but really liked aggressive moves to the right if there was a semi there.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Well there's the problem the DOT has the lines all wonky. šŸ¤Ŗ JK. šŸ˜‚
BTW you are laughing but there is a stretch like that too... all "wonky"
and yes... the BC disengages on that stretch as well

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
BTW you are laughing but there is a stretch like that too... all "wonky"
and yes... the BC disengages on that stretch as well
BC looks at the stripes to stay in its lane... no stripes, no BC, wonky stripes, often no BC.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
That is exactly what my question is. Are they enhancing the feature? And if yes then how do they collect all the bugs and issues for future enhancements.
Iā€™m sure they are working on it, but not with data from every car on the road. Some drivers that have reported issues to Ford via social or the dealers have had an advanced analytics function enabled on their cars, but even then I donā€™t know that camera data is sent.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Same problem as OPā€¦ in the exact same spot! The 210 freeway. BC always disengages there. And many other points on the 210.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Same problem as OPā€¦ in the exact same spot! The 210 freeway. BC always disengages there. And many other points on the 210.
At least we know now that it's not the cars.... ding šŸŗ

Deleted member 16048

Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I figured there was some interference caused by the gantries, but I didnā€™t know what.
Part of it is that, but also could be due to a legal side. There are concerns that if you are not operating your vehicle when you get a toll, if it means the toll is legally enforceable. (Depends on the state here and the language of the law.) Someone could say the car drove itself through the toll and so you are not responsible for it. (Yes itā€™s dumb, but. people could argue it.) So having it drop out in those areas just makes sure that kind of argument canā€™t happen.

Frankly itā€™s silly and BC should be able to do it just fine. I hope the maps start to show more confidence in areas. It can certainly be expanded.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Part of it is that, but also could be due to a legal side. There are concerns that if you are not operating your vehicle when you get a toll, if it means the toll is legally enforceable. (Depends on the state here and the language of the law.) Someone could say the car drove itself through the toll and so you are not responsible for it. (Yes itā€™s dumb, but. people could argue it.) So having it drop out in those areas just makes sure that kind of argument canā€™t happen.

Frankly itā€™s silly and BC should be able to do it just fine. I hope the maps start to show more confidence in areas. It can certainly be expanded.
Interesting theory. Personally I never put my hands back on for tolls. The area where it disengages is so short I usually can make it through it before the car complains at me.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do not like it at all since it stays too far left in lane. Our tesla y auto pilot is amazing and sold on its ability to drive hands free. We have a free trial but not something worth 15000.
Iā€™ve heard similar complaintā€™s several times on the Forum, but I donā€™t have the problem.

In fact, Without BC 1.2, I often wish that the car would wander a little left when passing an 18 wheeler being driven buy someone who has obviously run out of amphetamines.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Half the H1 freeway network in Hawaii is not available for BlueCruise. Lanes are too narrow.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
I'm just wondering are the maps of this ridiculously priced BC being enhanced actually.
On my way from the office home I have a little stretch. It is strait, no curves. Marking is fine. Nothing unusual. But for some reason the BC goes off on that stretch. It happens from the first day and keeps happening every day for a year and a half.
Also the BC usually ignores Speed limit for trucks except one that is a little different from others. It says

------------
| TRUCKS
|-----------
|Speed Limit
|
------------

My BC reacts on that particular one all the time for some reason.

How does the Ford enhance their BC software. Do they have a system of reporting and including the situations like that to their knowledge base?
ON NC147 south bound and south of Durham near Ellis Road there is a sign posting 65mph. My Mach-E reads it as 85mph and off I go. Others in the area have experienced this as well. It's like an easter egg.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Iā€™ve heard similar complaintā€™s several times on the Forum, but I donā€™t have the problem.

In fact, Without BC 1.2, I often wish that the car would wander a little left when passing an 18 wheeler being driven buy someone who has obviously run out of amphetamines.
I'll get trashed for this probably, but... It's probably one of two things. The camera isn't calibrated, or, the car is in the center and people think it isn't. Some are really bad at judging when a car is in the center.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I'll get trashed for this probably, but... It's probably one of two things. The camera isn't calibrated, or, the car is in the center and people think it isn't. Some are really bad at judging when a car is in the center.
It is not hard to check. Just look at both side mirrors and see the distance from the side of the car to the line. Make surer it is the same on both sides
Sponsored