First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
How do you get to that activate page?
I hit Learn More and it brought me there. I’ve seen some people say they had better luck on mobile.
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
How do you get to that activate page?
I think you have one of the earlier models that were given out before the slight price increase. Those that got slapped with the price increase get blue cruise for free the first few years. You and I will have to pay for the entire thing. I think what it will cost is still less than the price increase. Does suck as I would love it if ford at least gave us early buyers say a few months of it for free to see if we really want to pay for it.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
It worked for me, I just had to click learn more (on mobile) then learn more on the next page that it took me to. Interesting trial period...
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise appears in Connected Services Screenshot_20210728-115024_Chrome

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
I think you have one of the earlier models that were given out before the slight price increase. Those that got slapped with the price increase get blue cruise for free the first few years. You and I will have to pay for the entire thing. I think what it will cost is still less than the price increase. Does suck as I would love it if ford at least gave us early buyers say a few months of it for free to see if we really want to pay for it.
Worked for me on mobile.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
The BlueCruise subscription costs $600, period. For those who received their cars prior to the software being released (which is still everybody who has a car at this point), they'll get the choice to purchase the subscription when available.

After the software is ready and available, the price of the car will increase $600 to cover that subscription cost. Ford is now charging the higher amount when a car is ordered, signifying that the software should be ready by the time owners take delivery of those cars.

Either way, it's $600.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
The system, as it is currently, uses the front camera to watch lane markings. If the lane gets too wide, which happens around on/off ramps and if it just can't read the lines, it will cancel out until it can regain confident vision.

Once BlueCruise is released, it will have a 3D map of the highway, and know exactly how the road is laid out and where lanes are. At that point it will use the cameras more to just verify where it is on the road and to watch for other cars. This SHOULD make it much more reliable.
To be clear, Blue Cruise will only work on pre-mapped divided highways (on ramp to off ramp). It is not "self driving" on every road. As more roads are mapped, the system will work on those as well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Should be interesting when it gets released. I made sure my car had the prep installed when I purchased it as I was really interested in the Bluecruise. Really looking forward to it getting released.

After having my car for a few days though, I wonder how well it will be implemented. I find the CoPilot system to deactivate on some pretty easy to navigate curves on the freeway. This morning I kind of let it do its own thing and it actually crossed the line and the system still stayed activated and kept driving like it was no big deal. I was not driving at excessive speed either, I think I was doing 68. I've not had the car navigate that bend a single time, I've always had to take over steering.

My wife has a 2020 Hyundai Sonata that has the lane keep assist on it. That system is pretty amazing and stays activated my entire commute to work were the Ford deactivates a few times. I've even taken a pretty sharp off ramp with my wife's car at 70MPH and the car handled it all on the lane keep assist. Was nerve racking, and I defiantly would not recommend doing it all the time, but I was just seeing what the system could do.

Regardless, can't wait till they release it.
Are you sure you enabled "auto lane centering"? Lane keep assist and auto lane centering use the same button, and of course have similar sounding names. For auto lane centering you need to also have adaptive cruise control enabled and turned on. You can tell the difference by the graphics: if there are green lines on each side of the car it is lane keep assist; if it's a blue bubble then it should be auto lane centering

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It showed up online for me earlier today, but never got to an activate screen. Now it is completely gone. Never showed up on the mobile app.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Yeah I guess it's gone now! I don't see it either

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
To be clear, Blue Cruise will only work on pre-mapped divided highways (on ramp to off ramp). It is not "self driving" on every road. As more roads are mapped, the system will work on those as well.
To be clear, our Mustang Mach-Es will never be "self driving" (in any context).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Lol I did and it now says "activation pending" but my trial ends 10/29/34. LOL. That is one long trial!
Your trial expired almost 87 years ago. You were probably going 88 mph in your Mach-e. You forgot to turn the flux capacitor off again didn’t you? ;)

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
To be clear, our Mustang Mach-Es will never be "self driving" (in any context).
Never know, I give Tesla about 3yrs before their system is pretty much nailed down. Removing the actual driver from the seat though will be a long long ways down the road. Mach-E with BlueCruise is SAE Level 2. Add to that the cameras they installed in the cars which allows true no touch driving that does not require the drivers hands to stay in contact with the wheel and you have a good base for full self driving. Might not be in this gen of Mach-E, but its coming.

I 100% believe its coming, one day you will put your work address in and then finish taking your nap on the way in :)

Are you sure you enabled "auto lane centering"?
Yes, I have the blue force field (what I like calling it) around my car. Its not a tight curve either, its just a sweeping curve pretty typical of a freeway. I'll have to try and get video of it, need to get my dashcam installed, I hate not having one...... Car would be perfect for me if they had the dashcam/sentry like Tesla.
Sponsored