Chinese Mach E GT with no 5 second limit?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Re: 5 seconds of full power boost, but no more.

I said it before and I'll say it again: If Tesla can figure it out, then why can't Ford?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Re: 5 seconds of full power boost, but no more.

I said it before and I'll say it again: If Tesla can figure it out, then why can't Ford?
I mean, this thread is a clear example that Ford has it figured out... they have a Chinese version without the 5 second power limit and the Ford Lightning has no 5 second power limit. It really is starting to seem like it is the batteries on the US MME that is the culprit, which super sucks.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
i believe chinese mme use LFP. US MME use LG which were causing bolt fires

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Any updates on the Chinese GT with actual 1/4 mile results? Curious what it’s capable of.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Been a couple more months, but I can’t find squat searching online.

Has no one done an acceleration test on a GT in China?

I did find an article that shows the Chinese version will be heading to Australia.
https://cleantechnica.com/2022/08/2...g-ford-mustang-mach-e-heading-down-under/amp/

Worst case we have to wait for it to get there. Day 1 those guys will drag race!
Yep, they will! It’ll get killed by an HSV GTS Holden Commodore or something like that. The Aussies will represent. Haha.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@AOSK

Have you seen or heard anything from China on acceleration tests for the GT there? Would love to see what it’s capable of without a 5 second limit.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I think the Chinese Mustang Mach E is a fundamentally different vehicle than the one released in the rest of the world - it just shares some body panel styling.
your right, the Mach E in CN is made by a joint company called ChangAn Ford. and the production are mostly done by this company. there are some special regulation in CN(for example, the Mach E in CN has two charging port).
and even though it looks exactly same, but the body panel has some tiny difference(the trunk is narrower in CN version, the louver area has tiny different). the different is very small tho, i guess the molding is different between CN version and those in the rest of the World.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
@AOSK

Have you seen or heard anything from China on acceleration tests for the GT there? Would love to see what it’s capable of without a 5 second limit.
let me take a look at the video real quick! i actually dont know too much about the CN Mach E GT(the one we got is a non-GT , and i spent most of my time checking out US Mach E lol)

update: didnt mention about the acceleration test.
but they did a lap time comparison using regular tires and CUP2R(fully hot melt).

Regular Tire
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chinese Mach E GT with no 5 second limit? f798aea97c7bcb1958d5e62719dfff7

CUP2R Tire
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chinese Mach E GT with no 5 second limit? 95e1d3f520d5c433e93f91b1cb5b0ad

😆 i knew the Mach E is good, but i didnt know its THAT GOOD.

Last edited:

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I feel this deserves its own thread:
Full video
https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1RM4y1w7nj?p=1

Hot lap-
https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1RM4y1w7nj?p=2

They finally tested a Mach E GT in China. From what I can gather, there’s no “unbridled extend“ mode and it doesn’t look like any power reduction during their hot lap around the track.

Who can translate? And anyone know if the GT uses a different battery?

From what I read (old info) the lesser models have smaller batteries and a different manufacturer than the US. But I read the GT has the same KWh as we do (not sure on the manufacturer though).
As what i known of, the battery in CN Mach E is provided by BYD China(the biggest EV manufacturer in China).
They didnt mentioned anything about the power reduction in the video tho, they are mostly saying how incredible, amazing and fast is the Mach E GT.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
let me take a look at the video real quick! i actually dont know too much about the CN Mach E GT(the one we got is a non-GT , and i spent most of my time checking out US Mach E lol)

update: didnt mention about the acceleration test.
but they did a lap time comparison using regular tires and CUP2R(fully hot melt).

Regular Tire
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chinese Mach E GT with no 5 second limit? 95e1d3f520d5c433e93f91b1cb5b0ad

CUP2R Tire

😆 i knew the Mach E is good, but i didnt know its THAT GOOD.
Goes to show what a big difference tires make. Did they test the other cars with race tires too? Be curios to see what the Model 3P does with CUP2R tires.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Goes to show what a big difference tires make. Did they test the other cars with race tires too? Be curios to see what the Model 3P does with CUP2R tires.
no they didnt, im curious too lol. i guess they borrowed the Model 3P when they did that test, and they bought the Mach E on this test.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Did they mention whether they had to use the “Unbeidled Extend” mode in order to track the car? If they didn’t have to use it (or if the CN version doesn’t have it), that would be an indicator that the battery and power handling are way better than the US-spec cars’ similar parts. đŸ€”đŸ©

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they mention whether they had to use the “Unbeidled Extend” mode in order to track the car? If they didn’t have to use it (or if the CN version doesn’t have it), that would be an indicator that the battery and power handling are way better than the US-spec cars’ similar parts. đŸ€”đŸ©
Great question. If there truly is no limit, my guess is that there would be no unbridled extend.