Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. It is quick.
2. It will not get close to 330 miles of range unless you only drive slow and in town.
3. The build quality is still very bad.

Source: recently had a Y and 3 from Hertz for an extended period. Particular issue is the frameless windows failing to seal properly, the 3 actually leaked some when driving on the highway during a normal rain event. Plus, it was loud af because of the leak. The Y was the same but didn’t leak water. Both were 2022s with low miles that still smelled new.

My 2002 Firebird Formula with t-tops actually had better water resistance, it only leaked a bit in high pressure washes. The 3 we rented would have allowed water to literally pour in had we gone through a wash in it.

I hope your experience is much better.
You busted me like I wouldn't talk to 2023 owners on these issues. Did my homework. Our forum has a lot of build quality issues, computer glitches and recalls ota and in service. It happens. The 2023 model y has had good reviews on build quality from other years. Tesla gives you a stall number to inspect car before pu. Blue tape areas of concern and a tech can work on car either for same day or next day pu, I have no illusions on buying one as do mach e buyers. I even listed the most prone areas to linspect from owners on youtube. Thanks for your concern after I bought the damn car...only kidding. One think I have is patience and humor.
Sponsored

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If your wife is getting 3.5 kwh in the winter in a GTPE, then she's the kind of driver that most likely won't noticed the 5sec power limit.
She doesnt. Could care less. But wouldn't give up her GTPE for any other car,

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
You busted me like I wouldn't talk to 2023 owners on these issues. Did my homework. Our forum has a lot of build quality issues, computer glitches and recalls ota and in service. It happens. The 2023 model y has had good reviews on build quality from other years. Tesla gives you a stall number to inspect car before pu. Blue tape areas of concern and a tech can work on car either for same day or next day pu, I have no illusions on buying one as do mach e buyers. I even listed the most prone areas to linspect from owners on youtube. Thanks for your concern after I bought the damn car...only kidding. One think I have is patience and humor.
I know, I’ve spoken at length to a few neighbors who have them. It’s just eye-opening the difference in build quality when you’re in a Tesla for an extended period. I hope you get a good one 👍🏻

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the fact that Ford wasn’t up front at all that if you try to pass in the GTPE once, everything is fine. You try to pass 10 seconds or less after, the car basically cut’s power to 50 percent or less.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
This video from a while back shows you how bad it is you can very easily get it to have less than half the power so less than an AWD ER and down to small battery RWD teriorty.
Hey, them's fightin' words. :)

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I think the fact that Ford wasn’t up front at all that if you try to pass in the GTPE once, everything is fine. You try to pass 10 seconds or less after, the car basically cut’s power to 50 percent or less.
If you're doing 35mph and accelerate for 10 seconds you're well over 100 mph. If you're out hot rodding the vehicle the limit presents itself rather quickly. It comes on like it fades, gradually. I passed 4 cars and a semi truck before running out of visibility. I drive the thing quite hard. I don't call it my beater in jest. The whole idea of passing 1 car, waiting and then having trouble passing another vehicle is hilarious.

Sure, it's possible that with lower battery SOCs, continual beating on the car at higher speeds, passing a vehicle that's already doing ~70 mph, and trying to pass another at those speeds recklessly, parts of it may pop up. It'd take a handful of variables to line up combined with excessively reckless driving for it to be seen as a problem from who ever was driving it.

I didn't buy a track inspired vehicle, I bought a road tuned car that's more than capable of doing just that. If someone bought a road car hoping for a race car, well just a hint of due diligence would have been enough to point them towards another vehicle.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
You got hit with the speed power reduction limit. After 80 it literally hits a brick wall. The faster you go, the less power you have.
I hit max speed, maybe 10 seconds max after I hit max speed, and I got a warning that my power was limited, the car lost power and slowed down, from 124 to 80ish I believe, and had my grey bars of shame maxed out for 10 more minutes and stayed at half for like 20ish minutes, mine was a 22 GT, imagine if I was running from thieves driving a beat-up hyundai accent, they would be able to catch me in no time.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I'm not sure how fast you all are having to go to pass people, but I don't usually try to pass a car that's already doing 80+, let alone 2 or 3 in a row. Plus I don't have a GT so I don't even have bars to look at. Just brake lights from the ones in front of me.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I didn't buy a track inspired vehicle, I bought a road tuned car that's more than capable of doing just that. If someone bought a road car hoping for a race car, well just a hint of due diligence would have been enough to point them towards another vehicle.
Some of us (@0t60-3.5 in particular, since he was ground zero for GT deliveries) had no advance notice since there was no public knowledge of the power limitation. He couldn’t have performed any due diligence on the GT since there was no information other than the videos Ford was pushing of the car being beaten on on a race track. The rest of us who bought in 2021 after waiting over a year on our reservations were hoodwinked by Ford’s complete silence on the matter and rumors (that are false) pointing to a “possible solution.” 🤷‍♂️🐩

I still like my car, but due to the HVBJB issue and the 5-second issue I don’t drive it nearly half as hard as I drove my Fusion Energi. 😅🐩

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I'm not sure how fast you all are having to go to pass people, but I don't usually try to pass a car that's already doing 80+, let alone 2 or 3 in a row. Plus I don't have a GT so I don't even have bars to look at. Just brake lights from the ones in front of me.
In So Cal, Avg speed on the highway could be 80+

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Yeah, a 480hp EV that requires “plan b” redundancy when executing simple passing maneuvers is some next level b.s.

I’ve said this here before, the 5 second limit is all that kept us from trading my wife’s 4X in on a GTPE back when Vroom and Driveway were offering us $61,000 to buy ours. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I bought a '22 Premium AWD ER back in October. Also ordered a '23 GT. LOVE my premium, but thought I'd be trading it in towards GT (also thought the prices were going to continue to soar and trade in values would've held...but thats a different topic) and after reading all about the 5 second limit, and the gray "jail" bars" on the GT's it just didn't seem worth the upgrade, even if it was quicker (for 5 seconds) than my Premium.

After driving my brothers dual motor Model 3 and how "snap your neck" quick that thing accelerates, I was hopeful my Premium was going to feel the same being an AWD ER battery. Alas, it's a more "gradual" albeit still quick acceleration. The GT def had a more "snap your neck" acceleration sensation, but again just can't justify that extra cost for those kind of limitations.

Still very happy with the premium. No regrets.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I bought a '22 Premium AWD ER back in October. Also ordered a '23 GT. LOVE my premium, but thought I'd be trading it in towards GT (also thought the prices were going to continue to soar and trade in values would've held...but thats a different topic) and after reading all about the 5 second limit, and the gray "jail" bars" on the GT's it just didn't seem worth the upgrade, even if it was quicker (for 5 seconds) than my Premium.

After driving my brothers dual motor Model 3 and how "snap your neck" quick that thing accelerates, I was hopeful my Premium was going to feel the same being an AWD ER battery. Alas, it's a more "gradual" albeit still quick acceleration. The GT def had a more "snap your neck" acceleration sensation, but again just can't justify that extra cost for those kind of limitations.

Still very happy with the premium. No regrets.
Understood. My car is faster than either our 4 X or a GT by a good margin so I’m definitely not going to accept a 5 sec limit. Plus, we have 80 and 85mph toll roads right next to us and frequently go 90+ mph. And a GT going 90+ in 95-100F heat has jail bar city. Not doing it.

Edit: looked at your sig. haha. Our 4X is space white also and we did OZ Gran Turismo HLT 20s on 255/45 Conti ExtremeContact DWS06s
Sponsored