Cross wind rattle ... Anyone else?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yes!!! I have the same thing but on the left side!! Oh my goodness. My sounds like it is between the IPC and my windshield. I've pressed down all over the dash, screen, "sound bar," etc. and everything feels super firm. It drives me CRAZY. Mine started happening after they replaced my IPC so I'm wondering if something didn't get secured properly but can't tell what. I wonder what would be under the dash that can do this "creak?"
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yes!!! I have the same thing but on the left side!!
I get it on both sides. Even though I'm going to look on the right side next week, for me it depends on the side of the cross wind. Unless I'm going insane, which could be the case, it appears to only be during cross wind on the side of the car where the wind hits.

This would eliminate anything on the interior of the vehicle obviously, but at this point @GoGoGadgetMachE has me thinking I'm delusional or putting pennies in my side pockets. So I'm going to check everywhere I can.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I get it on both sides. Even though I'm going to look on the right side next week, for me it depends on the side of the cross wind. Unless I'm going insane, which could be the case, it appears to only be during cross wind on the side of the car where the wind hits.

This would eliminate anything on the interior of the vehicle obviously, but at this point @GoGoGadgetMachE has me thinking I'm delusional or putting pennies in my side pockets. So I'm going to check everywhere I can.
???

sorry that was absolutely not my intent - that's why I said I wasn't going to even suggest that in the first place. ?

It's completely believable that something simply wasn't assembled right. That shouldn't be true of course, but in reality...

I'd say you should take it to the dealer and make noise (no pun intended) but it sounds like it's hard to reproduce on demand because of the strong wind piece, and at least my dealer won't do jack without a repro. (this is understandable tbh)

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I had this on another car. I had owned the car a while and bought it at one year old and 33k miles. Some time later I started hearing a noise that changed with speed. The dealer found a factory part sticker on a drive shaft that was coming loose and started hitting something nearby once I was going fast enough.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
It’s weird (design flaw). When you drive with the windows down, the seatbelts in the back rattle uncontrollably. Quite annoying - quick fix is just buckling them all. Not perfect, but it helps.
I ride with windows down at 70+mph and the seatbelts do not rattle in the slightest

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I ride with windows down at 70+mph and the seatbelts do not rattle in the slightest
The issue most of us are describing is from the front of the vehicle, no where near the seat belts and with windows up.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
The issue most of us are describing is from the front of the vehicle, no where near the seat belts and with windows up.
Please see the post I actually responded to before correcting what I said.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Please see the post I actually responded to before correcting what I said.
Maybe you need some forum etiquette. This post is about a specific issue. The post you replied to is a suggestion to me to check the seat belts.

If their post is irrelevant to the topic then replying to their post is just as irrelevant.

Last edited:

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
Maybe you need some forum etiquette. This post is about a specific issue. The post you replied to is a suggestion to me to check the seat belts.

If their post is irrelevant to the topic then replying to their post is just as irrelevant.

No one needs a keyboard warrior here.
I was polite in my request and now you come back with this? The irony of what you just wrote is obviously lost on you.

He said it was a design flaw. My response was relevant to what he posted. You aren't a moderator so knock it off.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Anyone hearing the noise have the 12v battery serviced? I wonder if it's the cover for it under the hood flapping around during certain wind conditions if it wasn't clipped back on correctly?

bdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I had this on another car. I had owned the car a while and bought it at one year old and 33k miles. Some time later I started hearing a noise that changed with speed. The dealer found a factory part sticker on a drive shaft that was coming loose and started hitting something nearby once I was going fast enough.
Well damn. I took a look in the wheel well and noticed this part sticker...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cross wind rattle ... Anyone else? IMG_4234

definitely looks like it can flap around to me, I removed the sticker but haven't had a chance to test it yet. will let you guys know if this resolves anything.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

definitely looks like it can flap around to me, I removed the sticker but haven't had a chance to test it yet. will let you guys know if this resolves anything.
that is legit crazypants

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cross wind rattle ... Anyone else? IMG_4234

I saw that too but didn't think it would be the cause based on the sound. I'll remove mine also and see.

btcook

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Lariat, 2021 MME GT
Country flag
I'm not the only one! I'm experiencing the exact same noise from the front passenger side of the vehicle. I've already taken mine to the dealer, they couldn't recreate it after a 6 mile test drive.

I found the part sticker on the passenger shock, removed it, still have the noise. I don't believe mine is caused by cross winds. If I drive down my road, turn around, I still hear the noise going both directions. Current wind speed, 0-4 MPH at my house.
Sponsored