Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
No, only the rear motor has the parking pawl. Clicking from the front could be a bad half shaft, especially if it only happens while turning.
Is clicking happens when you drive down mountains on sharp hairpin turns? That is the only time I have heard the clicking racheting noise from the front motor. Normal turning is not an issue.
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I need to do some tests when I figure out more of the heating/cooling system. This morning the car started out with 78% on the SOC display after soaking in the mid 30s F overnight. I noticed it went up to 80% about 0.4 mile later and up to 82% about another 0.4 mile later. The GOM did not change. I did not have the cabin heat on.

One thing I find interesting is the prefix for the BECM Strategy (firmware) changed with the update I did in October.

Delivered -> Oct Update -> November Update
LJ98-14C197-BF -> NJ98-14C197-BA -> NJ98-14C197-BB

This seems to indicate a changed platform. It would be interesting if people with July and later builds plus GTs could scan their car with Forscan and see what is listed for the BECM Strategy. It seems the NJ98 prefix = 91kW usable for Extended battery.

Here is the charging curve I got with the October Update. Temperatures were in the lower 60s. There is still a big drop at 80%, but it seems to have the slightly increased capacity. It does look like the November update has an even better charge curve, but warmer weather is needed. Maybe a trip to Florida in a few months.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeOctKw

dr.cal.fan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, CMax Energi
Country flag
A word of caution. I'm literally in a shuttle heading back to the dealership to pick up my Mach-E after PARTIAL recall service. Here's what was done, what wasn't and why.

1. Windshield repair. Done.
2. Glass roof repair. Service Manager tells me they don't have the parts/supplies to do it or proper instruction from Ford on HOW to do it. Says I should check in with them again in a month or so.
3. Calibration update. They've only tried it on one other Mach-E. It's still sitting in their shop from last week. Something about the software update telling them to replace a part that doesn't exist or some such. I asked them NOT to attempt that on my vehicle. Again, I'll need to contact them in a month or so to see if they've figured it out.

I'm not saying don't do these things. But maybe proceed with caution. Choose which dealership carefully, and make sure they're prepared to do this sort of service.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
A word of caution. I'm literally in a shuttle heading back to the dealership to pick up my Mach-E after PARTIAL recall service. Here's what was done, what wasn't and why.

1. Windshield repair. Done.
2. Glass roof repair. Service Manager tells me they don't have the parts/supplies to do it or proper instruction from Ford on HOW to do it. Says I should check in with them again in a month or so.
3. Calibration update. They've only tried it on one other Mach-E. It's still sitting in their shop from last week. Something about the software update telling them to replace a part that doesn't exist or some such. I asked them NOT to attempt that on my vehicle. Again, I'll need to contact them in a month or so to see if they've figured it out.

I'm not saying don't do these things. But maybe proceed with caution. Choose which dealership carefully, and make sure they're prepared to do this sort of service.
Exactly and these folks not part of the program should not bug their dealer to do it. Hopefully it will come OTA soonish.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Quick question, but where do we get the build date of our MME?
It should be on your window sticker. The month/year is on a sticker in the door jamb so that might be useful. If you need the exact day then your dealer can look up your VIN and it will show the "official" build date

Starwhite1955

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select RWD
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Dealer has said that installation of the software update 21p22 can take much longer on some vehicles. They want the car for 2 to 3 days. Sounds too long to me.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
The only things that take a really long time are the APIM and IPMA updates, of which are not in 21P22.

RFA can take a little while, but still the whole 21P22 should take under 2 hours total...I could do all those updates in that time no problem.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I graphed a couple of temperatures from my Sunday DC Fast Charge. The car likes the HV Battery temperatures in the 90s F when charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNovTemps
That's the charge curve I want. I still have the 80% cliff.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Hey @JeffGo , any update on your car?
Yes, Blucifer came home on Monday. The writeup was pretty sad. They did a teardown of the original motor and found the parking actuator was destroyed by the fault, metal bits in side the motor housing. and they had some problems clearing all the faults after replacing the rear motor and the control unit. Service manager said they applied "all updates known to man". I learned that the Ford Field Service Engineer lives in my town, and he had to assist the dealership several times in diagnosing, repairing, and "calibrating". I insisted that they keep it over the weekend to do a more thorough test drive. This amounted to 50 miles, and I was watching from the FordPass app which agrees with that mileage.

I have to admit I am quite a bit gun shy now. I haven't driven it since, other than a stop at a grocery on the way home. I think I will run some errands today. My initial impressions are the ride seems harsher - I switched out of Unbridled and I think that improved it.

I also did a complete 100% charge on Monday night (L2, stock charger) and it is giving me the best predicted range I have seen since I got the car. Probably related to the battery capacity update.

Fingers crossed. I like this car a lot and would hate to have to return it as a lemon.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Oh dear lord, I go away for thanksgiving and this thread blows up ti 11 pages including a rear drive motor replacement and tear down, stories of software updates taking 2-3 days and ford not providing dealers with tooling/materials/instructions for the roof recall!
What HAVE you people been doing? ???

cmbfod

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know if the CSP 21P22 update requires the 12 volt battery be connected to a charger during the update? Thanks in advance.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does anyone know if the CSP 21P22 update requires the 12 volt battery be connected to a charger during the update? Thanks in advance.
Yes, they all do. Though if the updates in this CSP are all your car requires, they could probably get away without it since they're all pretty quick. If your car also needs the IPMA update, it will defintiely need an external 12v power source since that takes a while.
Sponsored