Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Does your car have the "Notes" app and other 1.7.1 features? I've been talking with Ford Early Access with my stuck update and they mentioned that 21P22 wouldn't solve my 1.7.1 issue, but who knows?
You’re actually in communication with Ford Early Access? ? And here I thought it was just a teaser website that did nothing!
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So I have notes, and the Sync GUI updates, but I don’t have 1.7.1. However, @breeves002 was kind enough to check and tell me that, once again, my car is in a strange state where it appears an update campaign failed. I need to go to the dealer, which can’t happen until the body shop replaces the tail light that was assaulted by a barking bollard at the Barnes Foundation (evil parking bollard ?)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
where do you guys see what version of Sync you have? I have a July build Premium MME and it just says "system up to date" on mine.
If it says System Up to Date that just means it has the latest version that was installed since it was built. I have a July build as well and I just got 1.6 and 1.4 in a row (in that order, it's normal). I'd expect you to get that soon as well before you get 1.7.1 unless you have Securialert already in FordPass app, then you're probably just waiting on 1.7.1.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
If it says System Up to Date that just means it has the latest version that was installed since it was built. I have a July build as well and I just got 1.6 and 1.4 in a row (in that order, it's normal). I'd expect you to get that soon as well before you get 1.7.1 unless you have Securialert already in FordPass app, then you're probably just waiting on 1.7.1.
Thanks. I have Securialert, the sketch app with tic tac toe, etc so i guess im at 1.7.1 then? Mine was built in July, but I bought it off a dealer lot in Mid-Nov, so maybe they had it all updated.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Thanks. I have Securialert, the sketch app with tic tac toe, etc so i guess im at 1.7.1 then? Mine was built in July, but I bought it off a dealer lot in Mid-Nov, so maybe they had it all updated.
Yeah, I bet they did an update. It will still say Up To Date if they did it manually. I haven't seen a lot of July builds get 1.7.1 yet, though that's only from observation, I may be wrong. Mine certainly doesn't have it yet.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
where do you guys see what version of Sync you have? I have a July build Premium MME and it just says "system up to date" on mine.
20211202_123349.jpg

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Kinda looking like that charge session was limited by cold battery. The heater was running up until the session hit its highest charging speed, then shut off. But it was already to the taper point by then so it never could go full speed.
Maybe, but @kltye got the same result twice in his sessions, even after the battery had been warmed up. I guess I'm just really hoping to see a good example of the improved charge curve shaving time off the 10-80%. We're usually seeing 42 mins or so on the original profile.

Darren Palmer said the MME was originally set up to get the best conservative 15 mins and 10-80% times they could out of the gate.

Original 15 mins per Tom Moloughney test = 27kWh.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20211202-094909

@kltye test on new profile is 24kWh.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20211202-094709~2

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe, but @kltye got the same result twice in his sessions, even after the battery had been warmed up. I guess I'm just really hoping to see a good example of the improved charge curve shaving time off the 10-80%. We're usually seeing 42 mins or so on the original profile.

Darren Palmer said the MME was originally set up to get the best conservative 15 mins and 10-80% times they could out of the gate.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20211202-094709~2

Your graph shows it never got over 115kw. This is why its getting lower kWh in 15 minutes.

It would be pretty bad if they lowered the max charging speed from 150kw.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Your graph shows it never got over 115kw. This is why its getting lower kWh in 15 minutes.

It would be pretty bad if they lowered the max charging speed from 150kw.
I'm not alarmed because we only have two examples so far but I'm also not encouraged yet. We need more data!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update need-more-input

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update need-more-input

My battery was cold gating right at the start, so that's why there's a 3kWh difference between mine and Tom's test at the 15 minute mark. I restarted the test halfway through the video, and it held 150-ish kW for about a minute or so, which is what I've always experienced with my particular MME.

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
It doesn't I got the 21P22 on Tuesday still says I have the 1.7.1 but its doesn't show any of the features. Still seems stuck. I am debating a master reset.
My 1.7.1 update is also stuck. I have an appointment next week for 21P22, so wondering if I need to also request TSB 21-2310 to also be done?

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Yes. BCM module is available via FDRS but generally dealers won’t do it without an appropriate TSB. As I have my own FDRS I apply everything when I want.

The BCM update was a few months back. It was one of the first modules I did after getting my car
Where abouts in the UK are you? I could do with someone applying this to my car as the dealers don't want to, costs covered of course.