Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Against your wishes? You told them "do not update my vehicle's software."
No but the car was in for something unrelated and they just did it. I actually was planning to pass on that update but had not said otherwise. I could just as easily see it happen to someone who didn't want it.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Battery:
Capacity is now 91kW. Up from 88kW.
Great Scott !!

How did you determine this? Not questioning it, just want to know how to test it on mine.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No but the car was in for something unrelated and they just did it. I actually was planning to pass on that update but had not said otherwise. I could just as easily see it happen to someone who didn't want it.
Since you know (vs. someone that doesn't know) that dealerships can update the vehicle, it's pretty simple. Each time you take it in, you tell the Service writer that you don't want any updates applied without your permission. You put a note on the dash, "please do not apply any software updates to this vehicle without the permission of the owner."

Life isn't hard unless you make it hard.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Marlin will be getting 21P22 and other updates today during his 10K maintenance.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
I’m in Bristol. You’re dealer *should* do it free of charge as per 21P22 which you can read here

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...gram-21p22-software-calibration-update.11677/
21P22 is US only - UK dealers haven't received any thing from FMC instructing them to carry out these updates. My dealer knows nothing about it and nothing shows as outstanding for the car even though it's in the middle of the build dates on the US bulletin. Hence my original request for someone that has FDRS to do this for me instead.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Marlin will be getting 21P22 and other updates today during his 10K maintenance.
I am going in wednesday morning for the sticky brake fix and 21p22 updates. It’s nice to have dealer where I autocross with the shop foreman and one of the master techs.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Got 21P22 yesterday, I wanted to confirm if it increases usable battery capacity to 70 kWh from 68 kWh. I cannot conclude anything using Car Scanner when I compare the actual SOC displayed with the real SOC %. I had a few old Car Scanner screen shot and my numbers are pretty close. But if my numbers were good, it seems that the buffer was more at the bottom of the battery than at the top because my actual SOC showed 96% when I charged to 100%. That doesn't leave a lot of capacity there. I don't have data close to 0% to compare.

Is there a way to confirm that my usable battery capacity has increased in Car Scanner?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Got 21P22 yesterday, I wanted to confirm if it increases usable battery capacity to 70 kWh from 68 kWh. I cannot conclude anything using Car Scanner when I compare the actual SOC displayed with the real SOC %. I had a few old Car Scanner screen shot and my numbers are pretty close. But if my numbers were good, it seems that the buffer was more at the bottom of the battery than at the top because my actual SOC showed 96% when I charged to 100%. That doesn't leave a lot of capacity there. I don't have data close to 0% to compare.

Is there a way to confirm that my usable battery capacity has increased in Car Scanner?
You can create a PID to track the capacity. Its basically taking 2 values and doing a calculation on it. It does fluctuate around as that HVB Energy to Empty value seems to fluctuate sometimes. At 90% SoC currently it was jumping between 79kwh and 83kwh. It seems the most inaccurate during charging.

This is on torque, but you should be able to do something similar with other apps that allow custom PID's.

HVB Energy to empty divided by the displayed State of Charge divided by 100

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1638904593887

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
You can create a PID to track the capacity. Its basically taking 2 values and doing a calculation on it. It does fluctuate around as that HVB Energy to Empty value seems to fluctuate sometimes. At 90% SoC currently it was jumping between 79kwh and 83kwh. It seems the most inaccurate during charging.

This is on torque, but you should be able to do something similar with other apps that allow custom PID's.

HVB Energy to empty divided by the displayed State of Charge divided by 100

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1638904593887
Doesn’t work at all for me. 49 kWh remaining, 79% SOC (real). It would translate to 62 kWh usable. Not sure if the cold have an impact on this. Today my trip indicate a 8% usage for external temperature. That date was never clear for me.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
1.8 is just the IPC, so I doubt it.

Is 1.8 available in FDRS? Or we have to go to the dealer and ask for it/wait for OTA? My dealer is, shockingly, going to hopefully do all FDRS updates. I had a lot of requests, so asking for 1.8 was the only thing I left off. I'm hoping it is just in FDRS and it gets done.